All calories may not be equal

Options
earthakin66
earthakin66 Posts: 49 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone else read the book "Always Hungry"? It really explains everything that I have always felt intuitively. What if he is right about not all calories being equal? That different foods (and therefore calories) biologically impact us in different ways?
I highly recommend the book, here is the website: http://drdavidludwig.com
No counting calories, eat until satisfied, cut way down on refined carbohydrates and eat plenty of fat. Countless health benefits including weight loss and best of all, no hunger.

Anyone want to join me on a 6 month experiment? Send a friend request.

Replies

• gonetothedogs19
    gonetothedogs19 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Bottom line - if you are counting calories, weighing, measuring and logging religiously, and cannot lose weight (a common complaint on this site), try this approach. Why not? And why would you continue doing something that is not working?
    't

Its just impossible to not lose weight when you are in a deficit. So the common complaint on this site is 100% the cause of mistakes in counting. Its that simple. Don't spin it towards something else

How hard is it to count calories? One ounce of cereal with skim milk (the amount is stated on the cereal box) for breakfast. Two cans of tuna fish and whatever the portion of mayonnaise is on the label for lunch. 100-calorie pre-packaged snack. A couple of pre-made burgers on a bun for dinner with a salad and a low-cal dressing.

This is not exactly rocket science.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying that everyone should stop counting calories. Go ahead and count them and eat whatever you want! I'm looking for someone who has read the book who might be interested in keeping in touch while we follow the guidelines.

There are plenty of low carb/clean eating/Ludwig fan groups in the groups section if you don't want to hear any of the criticism. But you are going to get a lot of criticism in this forum.