Canine Club for people and pets

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,745 Member
    Options
    It's Saturday...what are you and your dog(s) doing today?
  • jm216
    Options
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    f8svsf4kuqtc.jpg

My 10-yr. old Wheaten Terrier, Bailey, pretending to be a perfectly behaved angel while at work with me! Bailey loves his long walks, and goes on a total of four walks a day. He cant really take the heat, and we've had a lot of that this summer in NY, so we've tried to do the longer walks in the morning and evening. Bailey was also a rescue. I've had him nine years now and I can't imagine someone lost him or he got loose and no one ever came looking for him! Their loss, our gain!
  • bionicbunnie
    bionicbunnie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    9qaklffatyhg.jpeg

This is my main dude, Monkey. I take him on hikes sometimes which he really enjoys. He pushes me sometimes and other times I have to push him. We make a good team because we both love sleeping, but bring out the best in eachother when we need to
  • jm216
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »
    260b2prwd7sw.jpg

idjug0rq5x00.jpg

Terrier mix known as Sammy or a string of swear words if I happen to leave any food or garbage not locked up when I leave the house. He hates staying in the house, but doesn't like long walks although he will go on them with me. He just tries to go in any house we pass as we head out and pulls me all the way back.

Such a precious baby.

What a sweetheart!
  • jm216
    Options
    9qaklffatyhg.jpeg

This is my main dude, Monkey. I take him on hikes sometimes which he really enjoys. He pushes me sometimes and other times I have to push him. We make a good team because we both love sleeping, but bring out the best in eachother when we need to

Monkey is smiling! <3
  • jm216
    Options
    murph155 wrote: »
    f8svsf4kuqtc.jpg

My 10-yr. old Wheaten Terrier, Bailey, pretending to be a perfectly behaved angel while at work with me! Bailey loves his long walks, and goes on a total of four walks a day. He cant really take the heat, and we've had a lot of that this summer in NY, so we've tried to do the longer walks in the morning and evening. Bailey was also a rescue. I've had him nine years now and I can't imagine someone lost him or he got loose and no one ever came looking for him! Their loss, our gain!

He's so lucky to have you!
  • Megansmith112712
    Megansmith112712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I need to figure out how to post pictures. I currently have a 7 year old lab, who acts like a puppy still and has energy for days. We've recently got a great pyrenese/Shepherd hound mix whose probably 6/7 months old and energy for days. We also have a springer spaniel border collie mix who were trying to find a new home for.
  • melodysf10
    melodysf10 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    So many adorable dogs here!
  • jm216
    Options
    I need to figure out how to post pictures. I currently have a 7 year old lab, who acts like a puppy still and has energy for days. We've recently got a great pyrenese/Shepherd hound mix whose probably 6/7 months old and energy for days. We also have a springer spaniel border collie mix who were trying to find a new home for.

Hi Megan,

There's a camera icon at the top right of your screen when you write a message.
  • jm216
    Options
    Took my dog on a fog walk this morning... It's 51 this morning in Michigan.qufwusfoxaja.jpeg
  • jm216
    Options
    @jm216 That's a cool pic with the fog coming in.

@NewGemini130 My two are the complete opposite. They love going for walks.

My two are overdo for a walk. It's been way to hot here for them to walk on the road but the weather seems to be cooling off. It's been warmer than usual this summer.

It's nice that it's not so humid in the mornings now...I actually had to wear a sweatshirt this morning... It was awesome!
  • jm216
    Options
    I love my dog! She is slowly winning over non- dog people.... One at a time.
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    r5dba2st2zx9.jpeg

These are my puppies. Sadie is the fluffy one. Not sure of her breed. We think she's St. Bernard and chow. She is about 7 years old. Bandit is on the left. He's my German shepherd and Siberian husky mix. He is 10 years old and almost completely recovered from a cancer removal surgery.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    This is a bittersweet post for me. We have a sweet 10 year old GSD, who loves our walks and used to go running with me in the mornings. Sadly, she is now reaching the point where she gets stiff and sore following long walks, so we are having to walk less with her. She's not happy about it. Had to start a daoly cosequin supplement. She got blistered pads the last two times I took her out (it was evening, but still hot). About to drop $40 on rugged dog boots to protect her paws. It's hard seeing my best girl age. We also have a 7 year old small Basset Fauve de Bretagne, and he loves going on walks with us, but he gets hot and tired after a mile or so....short legs. Lol We are hoping to get a puppy in January, who will be another walking buddy when he gets a little older. :)

I would post pics, but I have no idea how.
  • bwhitty67
    bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bceyogqtqoug.jpeg
    vrj35qq2s94o.jpeg

My lil bug! Macy Joe
  • jm216
    Options
    r5dba2st2zx9.jpeg

These are my puppies. Sadie is the fluffy one. Not sure of her breed. We think she's St. Bernard and chow. She is about 7 years old. Bandit is on the left. He's my German shepherd and Siberian husky mix. He is 10 years old and almost completely recovered from a cancer removal surgery.

How beautiful they are! Sadie looks part Golden to me.
  • jm216
    Options
    This is a bittersweet post for me. We have a sweet 10 year old GSD, who loves our walks and used to go running with me in the mornings. Sadly, she is now reaching the point where she gets stiff and sore following long walks, so we are having to walk less with her. She's not happy about it. Had to start a daoly cosequin supplement. She got blistered pads the last two times I took her out (it was evening, but still hot). About to drop $40 on rugged dog boots to protect her paws. It's hard seeing my best girl age. We also have a 7 year old small Basset Fauve de Bretagne, and he loves going on walks with us, but he gets hot and tired after a mile or so....short legs. Lol We are hoping to get a puppy in January, who will be another walking buddy when he gets a little older. :)

I would post pics, but I have no idea how.

I love your post about your babies! I totally understand how hard it is to watch animals age... I had 2 cats for almost 20 years, and they died a year apart from eachother. At the top of a new comment, there is a camera icon.