Ladies... how short is too short?

Options

Replies

• therainandthunder
    Options
    I don't care much. I am 5'2". Tall guys would probably have a problem with MY height, haha.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Before I started dating my husband I liked a guy who was a bit shorter than me (I'm 5'6"). I didn't date him but only because he never asked me out. If he had, I definitely would have said yes. Height isn't a deal breaker for me. If I were single, my criteria would probably be more along the lines of how much a guy could lift than how tall he was. :laugh:

There's a trainer at my gym who is about 5'4" and can deadlift aver 400lbs. Yums.

I hear short men are better in bed too....
    I've had a few that were quite fun in bed
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty, 5'2", so I prefer a guy to be tall enough that when I wear heels, I'm not taller than him. Luckily I married my hubby who's 6'1" and I don't have to worry about that any more! LOL!
  • vicky_b329
    vicky_b329 Posts: 24
    Options
    Like most of the ladies on here, I prefer someone 6'+. Honestly, the taller, the better. 6'4", 6'5"? Perfect.
    But as for where I draw the line, I dated someone 5'9", and I think that's as short as I'm willing to go. I'm 5'7", and I need my man to be taller than I am.
  • swagoner94
    swagoner94 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    you gotta be a at least close to 6'!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    But why is it okay to discriminate against short men? It's not like they did anything to become short, or they can do anything to fix it? WHY do men "have" to be taller than women in relationships? How would we feel if most men said "I won't date any women with a food bigger than a size 8"?
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    That dwarf beard. PHWOAR.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I go 6" up and 6" down... take that however you like
    dang... guess I am out too...
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    5'8" I guess, but I'm not that picky. Husband is 5'11"--but I've dated shorter then that and taller. It really just depends on the guy. If they have a complex about there height, one way or the other, I wouldn't go for them. All about the attitude.
  • wellsdavid20
    wellsdavid20 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Women treat men just like accessories they own , like a purse or the shoes they wear. Just someone to show off to their girl friends.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    My rule is that they have to be taller than me with 2 inch heels on ( I should also be the only one wearing heels)
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Quote - I think 6' is a good height.

Whew, made it by 3" .
  • latessajohn
    Options
    Those are the ones you don't want, if they'll automatically disqualify you for not being a certain height.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    three to four inches taller than me would be great. I'm 5'8" and I don't like wearing heels anyways, so even if he's just an inch taller it should be fine ;P
  • LizaDK914
    LizaDK914 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", so pretty much everyone is taller than me... I prefer them not to be too tall though, no cricks in the neck when kissing, their face is inmine when we are snuggling, instead of his chest... But I do like them taller than me... Am I too picky? lol

No, I'm exactly the same!! Except, I'm just actually kinda freaked out by super tall guys - for dating purposes. My hubby is a perfect 5'6" to my 5'2". Taller than 5'8" actually makes me uncomfortable.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    But why is it okay to discriminate against short men? It's not like they did anything to become short, or they can do anything to fix it? WHY do men "have" to be taller than women in relationships? How would we feel if most men said "I won't date any women with a food bigger than a size 8"?

People are allowed to have preferences about appearance when it comes to who they would/would not date. People can't help what they're attracted to, and not everyone has to be attracted to everyone else. I personally prefer taller guys (usually) cause it makes me feel delicate and feminine when we walk together, hug, etc. and I often feel giant and cumbersome around shorter guys. So what? I also like guys who are fit, not balding, darkish skin, don't have hair on their back, have a nice smile...

Some guys totally blow me away and they don't fit my "ideal" image at all, but who's to say I should or should not be attracted to one thing or another?

Preferences are one thing. Flat out saying "no one under 6'" is totally different.
  • wellsdavid20
    Options
    My rule is that they have to be taller than me with 2 inch heels on ( I should also be the only one wearing heels)

What if they are wearing those heightening adding shoes?
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

People are allowed to have preferences about appearance when it comes to who they would/would not date. People can't help what they're attracted to, and not everyone has to be attracted to everyone else. I personally prefer taller guys (usually) cause it makes me feel delicate and feminine when we walk together, hug, etc. and I often feel giant and cumbersome around shorter guys. So what? I also like guys who are fit, not balding, darkish skin, don't have hair on their back, have a nice smile...

Some guys totally blow me away and they don't fit my "ideal" image at all, but who's to say I should or should not be attracted to one thing or another?

Preferences are one thing. Flat out saying "no one under 6'" is totally different.

Is it any different than someone saying they don't date bigger girls/guys? I know up front that it's a massive turnoff for me when a guy is shorter than me (which isn't often as I'm only 5'3"). I've known several guys who were funny and sweet and short, and they have turned into good friends but I'm just not physically attracted to them.
  • wellsdavid20
    Options

Is it any different than someone saying they don't date bigger girls/guys? I know up front that it's a massive turnoff for me when a guy is shorter than me (which isn't often as I'm only 5'3"). I've known several guys who were funny and sweet and short, and they have turned into good friends but I'm just not physically attracted to them.

Bigger girls and guys can also lose weight which is evident by this site. I always found it strange when women would bring this up as i don't see them being equal.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Bigger girls and guys can also lose weight which is evident by this site. I always found it strange when women would bring this up as i don't see them being equal.

True, but would you enter into the relationship knowing that you would only be attracted to that person if they lost weight? What if you decided to date/marry them, and they never lost weight? I know height and weight are two different ideas, but I think it's along the same line. I am attracted to a man that appears big and strong...it makes me feel safe, protected, and feminine. That is how *I* feel, obviously not everyone is the same. I would have a hard time in a relationship with someone shorter than me as I would feel like ginormo woman who had to protect my man.