Replies

• CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I dont get it.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I don't have any concrete restrictions, but smart & motivated is sexy as hell! :love:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I''m only 137, so pretty stupid I guess. But I look pretty sitting in the corner and smiling! x

tumblr_lxtcmxI5u91r72gm7o1_400.gif

HEY! What's that supposed to mean?!

It means to shut up and look pretty!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband had an 8th grade education (he grew up in a war torn country and didn't have access to more than that), could speak five languages, and I'm pretty sure he would bomb an IQ test. He was also the kindest and most compassionate person I've ever known. I had to help him a lot to fill out forms or to read complicated directions but he had excellent common sense and could read people exceptionally well... and he successfully ran his own successful business with just some minor help on the technical side of things from me.

Sadly he developed mental illness and refused treatment as so many mentally ill people do and this necessitated our divorce... his intelligence had nothing to do with it there's sooooo much more to a person than just how well they can score on a test!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    no college diploma/degree. Sorry but....
    college degree =/= high intelligence. trust me.

Well of course there are exceptions. Like someone that invented something or started some revolutionary company at a very young age and simply has been so successful they don't have time for college.

I am highly intelligent with no degree. *shrugs* Actually turned out to be a good decision, financially.

Well, mostly I was just messing about there. But depending on the degree, avoiding college could easily be a smart financial move.

Most of my classmates who went for degrees are only now just getting to a pay level that I've been at for awhile and have the additional burden of student loan debt. Though, at this point I'm stalled out until I get a degree, so I'm just doing things in a sort of reverse fashion and won't take on the student loan debt.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I''m only 137, so pretty stupid I guess. But I look pretty sitting in the corner and smiling! x

You are in the less than 1 percentile, shouldn't you know?

I don't watch TV. Don't have, only have projectors for films. :(
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

I believe you don't hit the less than 1 percentile until 145 or so, if I'm not mistaken.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Apparently my IQ is 142

http://www.free-iqtest.net/
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    No diploma, no date. Also anyone that claims a statistically improbable number, no date. Unsmart people do that to sound smart. http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/iqtable.aspx

Sorry for the double post, but just wanted to reply to this.

Smart people don't necessarily have diplomas. Plus you can get Level 2 Diplomas which are equivalent to GCSes in the UK anyway.

Perhaps you should reevaluate your scale.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Smart enough to see how awesome I am, but not so smart he sees what a raging *kitten* I can be.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

I don't watch TV. Don't have, only have projectors for films. :(

That's a scene from Sherlock Holmes and the Space Pirates. In that scene, Watson is shushing his companion who is about to blow their cover as heroin running moon-agents.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

I believe you don't hit the less than 1 percentile until 145 or so, if I'm not mistaken.

99.3181130218% on 15SD scale.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    no college diploma/degree. Sorry but....
    college degree =/= high intelligence. trust me.

Well of course there are exceptions. Like someone that invented something or started some revolutionary company at a very young age and simply has been so successful they don't have time for college.

I am highly intelligent without a degree from college. It was a financial thing for me.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    By no means I am saying i am a smart *kitten* actually I am pretty stupid most of the time but sometimes I randomly start to get all scientific and technical. If someone can understand 80% of the jokes from the Big Bang Theory then they are good enough for me lol.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    it depends on how pretty and how you define "date"

I have "dated" a few REALLY stupid but REALLY cute guys for short periods of time... I consider them like a brownie sundae. Not really a part of my lifestyle but a nice treat every now and again.

I married my best friend and he's not as (book) smart as me, and that's ok with me most of the time.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Many formally educated people I know suffer from a severe lack of emotional intelligence, which is far more important to me.

I like a nice combination of book smart, emotionally smart, and socially smart.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ok 100 is average. Last I checked, mine was about 134 (which makes me above average (bright), not genius).

My sister, who is one of the smartest people I know, consistently scores 103 on IQ tests. She is smarter than me. I just must be better at testing than her. She's a great teacher, very patient with kids, reads all the time.

If you're basing who you date on an IQ test, don't. You can tell if you are going to have things in common and be able to talk to the person intelligently or if they're dumb as bricks by communicating.