What is the lowest IQ you would date?

Options

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    what grade someone got up to has nothing to do with IQ. Some of the most brilliant minds have dropped out of school. As for dating someone with low IQ-- I'll pass. A hook up- sure. That's about it though.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My IQ comes in at 141, so I'm far from the bottom and top. *shrug* Smart enough to know I'm not very smart compared to really smart people :P I couldn't care about IQ to be honest, but I won't date someone who is "stupid", ignorance can be remedied, but intentional stupidity goes right to the core. I care more about how someone treats me and how our interactions play out.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Man, I don't have a number, but someone who isn't able to keep up with my family in conversations would be a terrible match.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Top 1 percent pal, not far from the top! =)
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about all of the people claiming they would only date people with outrageously high IQ's.

Are you aware just what percentage of the world population you're limiting yourself to if you go by people that actually can claim that? It's an insanely small number. (much less than 1%) For ****'s sake Einstein's estimated IQ is 160.

You're discounting a high number of people that are most likely intelligent in ways that are not tested by an IQ test. You're dismissing those who have strong artistic (aesthetic) intelligence. You're also dismissing those with emotional intelligence.

Also, what use is an IQ score in the real world? Does it mean that you've achieved anything tangible?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about all of the people claiming they would only date people with outrageously high IQ's.

Are you aware just what percentage of the world population you're limiting yourself to if you go by people that actually can claim that? It's an insanely small number. (much less than 1%) For ****'s sake Einstein's estimated IQ is 160.

You're discounting a high number of people that are most likely intelligent in ways that are not tested by an IQ test. You're dismissing those who have strong artistic (aesthetic) intelligence. You're also dismissing those with emotional intelligence.

Also, what use is an IQ score in the real world? Does it mean that you've achieved anything tangible?

Y

so

cereal?
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

Y

so

cereal?

I don't have cereal... Can you share yours?
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I get a kick out of some of these super judgmental pseudo-intellectual replies. On the flip side, I agree with those thinking outside of the box on this one.

I'm not sure that an IQ test is a good indication of compatibility. A high scoring individual might spend all day talking to their imaginary friends while dressed in newspaper. The same goes with a college degree. A ton of graduates sit at their parents house smoking weed and waiting for a Fortune 50 to come knocking on their door offering stock options.

There's something a bit deeper than both of these that lures me in, and it is difficult to put a finger on.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    hilarious shush pics and ensuing confusion to prove the point...classic.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Me smart. Want date smart person, so not feel like going out with cave-woman just because of her rocks.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Don't mind me, just observing. Curious how we can be rated in our entirety on numerical scales.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    hey if they have a sense of humor, they're smart enough for me
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I get a kick out of some of these super judgmental pseudo-intellectual replies. On the flip side, I agree with those thinking outside of the box on this one.

I'm not sure that an IQ test is a good indication of compatibility. A high scoring individual might spend all day talking to their imaginary friends while dressed in newspaper. The same goes with a college degree. A ton of graduates sit at their parents house smoking weed and waiting for a Fortune 50 to come knocking on their door offering stock options.

There's something a bit deeper than both of these that lures me in, and it is difficult to put a finger on.

Well as long as they are dressed up in the New York Times and not the National Enquirer...would bang.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Y

so

cereal?

I don't have cereal... Can you share yours?

Absolutely.:flowerforyou:
    Just went to the grocery store...the pantry and refrigerator were pathetic.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by date.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    anyone that wanted to know my cred. or iq i would never ever consider! academia ain't for everybody!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Well as long as they are dressed up in the New York Times and not the National Enquirer...would bang.

I'll take a single cell organism wrapped in the latest Victoria' Secret and heated in the microwave.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    If really stupid = easy to get into pants, I'm there.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

I'll take a single cell organism wrapped in the latest Victoria' Secret and heated in the microwave.

Victoria's secret? Ill take wall street journal- it has girls with glasses.