What is the lowest IQ you would date?

Options

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I've dated my share of stupid men. I would not use a college degree as a barrier to dating, since there are plenty of idiots with a higher education; however, if they can't participate in an intellectual conversation or don't bother reading a newspaper or news magazine every now and again, I'd pass and look for someone who was more interesting.

Some of us with relatively high IQs don't like reading the news. I pay more attention to it when I'm out of the country, but it's always so depressing that I don't enjoy it.

ETA:
    Like are you ok going out with someone a little bit stupid, a lot stupid, or not at all stupid?

I couldn't deal with any women less than about 150. I've tried. And, it's just exhausting having to explain things all the time. Of course, the flip side is they are more challenging. And, they're hard to BS. LOL.
    you're kidding right? that literally knocks out the majority of the population. I'm guessing that you are misunderstanding something here.

Heh, I was thinking the same thing. My ex's IQ (official) is something like 150, and yeah, he's ridiculously smart. Finding someone that (book)smart is quite difficult!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    We are all good at something, and we have different talents. I, for instance, am really good at hanging shower curtains. Who wants me first? Form an orderly line, please.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Intelligence quotient is a measure of how intelligent you "may" be, it is just a standard set of tests believed to measure potential. At my age potential is usually achieved or in route, perhaps at the age of 10 I might debate using IQ as a base but now a conversation with various topics would be a better showing of our compatibility.

However I would never date a person that didn't show intellect on some level. I cannot have a relationship with a person that cannot have a conversation with me. My SO has a degree and I will soon, but when we met we were both young and only high school educated. :)
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    We are all good at something, and we have different talents. I, for instance, am really good at hanging shower curtains. Who wants me first? Form an orderly line, please.

mine.:angry:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    They have to at least be smart enough to hang shower curtains.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about all of the people claiming they would only date people with outrageously high IQ's.

Are you aware just what percentage of the world population you're limiting yourself to if you go by people that actually can claim that? It's an insanely small number. (much less than 1%) For ****'s sake Einstein's estimated IQ is 160.

You're discounting a high number of people that are most likely intelligent in ways that are not tested by an IQ test. You're dismissing those who have strong artistic (aesthetic) intelligence. You're also dismissing those with emotional intelligence.

Also, what use is an IQ score in the real world? Does it mean that you've achieved anything tangible?

Y

so

cereal?

I don't have cereal... Can you share yours?

Absolutely.:flowerforyou:
    Just went to the grocery store...the pantry and refrigerator were pathetic.

YAY Cereal! What kinds do you have?

Kashi Go Lean Crunch
    Corn Chex
    Frosted Mini Wheats
    Honey Nut Cheerios
    and some crispy cereal with berries...too lazy to move from under my cat to go look.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Like are you ok going out with someone a little bit stupid, a lot stupid, or not at all stupid?

I couldn't deal with any women less than about 150. I've tried. And, it's just exhausting having to explain things all the time. Of course, the flip side is they are more challenging. And, they're hard to BS. LOL.
    you're kidding right? that literally knocks out the majority of the population. I'm guessing that you are misunderstanding something here.

What's hysterical about this, is anyone over 130 is considered gifted...and the guy who can't figure out how to take a selfie without us having to see the camera will only date geniuses.

My IQ is 146, btw. Dodged that bullet, thank heavens.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    [/quote]

I don't watch TV. Don't have, only have projectors for films. :(
    [/quote]

And I'm an English teacher with no TV. Many of my pupils are absolutely aghast when they find this out, although one bright spark DID say: "You must read a lot instead" ... bingo!

I'm also a very recent university graduate (started my degree as a mature student for various reasons) and trust me, looking around, a certificate does not guarantee intelligence.

For the record:

1= Intelligence
    1= Sense of humour
    3 Sex drive - because I am a man, after all :wink:
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about all of the people claiming they would only date people with outrageously high IQ's.

Are you aware just what percentage of the world population you're limiting yourself to if you go by people that actually can claim that? It's an insanely small number. (much less than 1%) For ****'s sake Einstein's estimated IQ is 160.

You're discounting a high number of people that are most likely intelligent in ways that are not tested by an IQ test. You're dismissing those who have strong artistic (aesthetic) intelligence. You're also dismissing those with emotional intelligence.

Also, what use is an IQ score in the real world? Does it mean that you've achieved anything tangible?

Y

so

cereal?

I don't have cereal... Can you share yours?

Absolutely.:flowerforyou:
    Just went to the grocery store...the pantry and refrigerator were pathetic.

YAY Cereal! What kinds do you have?

Kashi Go Lean Crunch
    Corn Chex
    Frosted Mini Wheats
    Honey Nut Cheerios
    and some crispy cereal with berries...too lazy to move from under my cat to go look.

I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch! Yum.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Whatever yours is taso. Give it up.

And I need none, put on my clown pic and he's here! Magic.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I don't do IQ because most people have no idea what their IQ *really* is (hint: if you took a test online, you're real IQ is not NEARLY that high, trust.) My rule is that I prefer someone with a level of education that equals my own. Or at least someone who aspires to that in the very near future and is taking real steps to achieve it.

I just started on my masters program. So get crackin' boys...:wink:
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Apparently my IQ is 142

http://www.free-iqtest.net/

I'm surprised. That site correctly came up with almost my exact (known) IQ.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    They have to at least be smart enough to hang shower curtains.

I'm only 5'2. But smart enough to have others hang them for me, :P
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    I think the correct question is what's the highest IQ that would date you?

As smart as me or smarter, no problemo ...
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Apparently my IQ is 142

i got 132
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i'd be more than happy to date someone with a low IQ,
    in all honesty, just because they have low IQ's does not mean they are not insanely talented at other things,

if a girl charmed me the last thing i would worry about is how academically clever she is,
  • alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Once you go doctor, you can never go back... (my personal sentiment). With that said I agree with lots of others here.... EQ is just as important as IQ.
  • BookofJim
    BookofJim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really don't care. I know it sounds weird, but many women in Utah act like they are dumber than they really are.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Apparently my IQ is 142

Got them all right except for 1... And I disagree that one was wrong. I found a pattern in the 'John likes X but not Y' where all liked numbers were divisible by 8. But that was the wrong answer.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has ever been to a gathering of mensans would never limit their dating pool to mensans.