Addicted to diet coke.. help :(

Options

Replies

• mazarasltm
    mazarasltm Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just how addicted are? And what would you do for more? Would you be willing to wack a rival for more diet coke? would ya?
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I seldom drink anything I do not make myself.
    Who knows what the affect of consuming these drinks really is?
    They're probably harmless...probably...and maybe no worse than breathing polluted air we're all subjected to.
    I just have this personal, unscientific notion that if man makes it, I am going to avoid it most of the time.
    That's some advice Jack Lalanne gave over 60 years ago.
    I do not trust these food companies in any way except to make money which is why I invest in the big ones.
    Please, everybody: drink up!

Life is full of ironies... >:)
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    PennWalker wrote: »
    healthy491 wrote: »
    So today I went to a confectionery and bought a diet coke and the store owner and my dad started giving me a lecture about how its bad for me , causes diabetes , weight gain etc.
    I am kinda worried now as I am literally addicted and love it and its all I drink since I really hate water :( I drink about 4 Litres a day ( I know its a lot ). Anyone has an idea regarding what I can do ?

Coke of all kinds is about as acidic than battery acid (I learned that in a science class). You can use it to clean rust off your car.

http://www.livescience.com/7198-acids-popular-sodas-erode-tooth-enamel.html

Don't tell yourself that you hate water -- give yourself a more positive message. Become a water freak. Put chilled bottles of water in your fridge. Try water with a slice of lemon or lime over ice. Buy yourself a gorgeous water bottle and carry it everywhere.

The kindergarten teachers use Coca Cola to clean dried paste off of scissors. It makes a great cleaner.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Diet coke - all carbonated beverages - can be a risk factor for osteoporosis, and I have recently learned that aspartame is a neurotoxin, which freaked me out. I've drunk the stuff all my life, and have quit over and over and over. I am just poised to give it up for about the millionth time. I find when I'm not drinking it, my sugar cravings subside naturally.

It's also a diuretic, so I'd really encourage you to at least alternate water with diet coke; dehydration is no joke. I know how hard it is - I don't drink coffee (I dont' like the taste) and diet coke is my sole source of caffeine. I know there are lots of people here who will say drink all the diet coke you want because it has no calories, but there is a lot of real medical evidence that you're better off without it. Good luck.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Diet coke - all carbonated beverages - can be a risk factor for osteoporosis, and I have recently learned that aspartame is a neurotoxin, which freaked me out. I've drunk the stuff all my life, and have quit over and over and over. I am just poised to give it up for about the millionth time. I find when I'm not drinking it, my sugar cravings subside naturally.

It's also a diuretic, so I'd really encourage you to at least alternate water with diet coke; dehydration is no joke. I know how hard it is - I don't drink coffee (I dont' like the taste) and diet coke is my sole source of caffeine. I know there are lots of people here who will say drink all the diet coke you want because it has no calories, but there is a lot of real medical evidence that you're better off without it. Good luck.

Which evidence?
  • spondypete
    spondypete Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the diet coke addiction club. Maybe we should start diet coke anonymous.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So today I went to a confectionery and bought a diet coke and the store owner and my dad started giving me a lecture about how its bad for me , causes diabetes , weight gain etc.
    I am kinda worried now as I am literally addicted and love it and its all I drink since I really hate water :( I drink about 4 Litres a day ( I know its a lot ). Anyone has an idea regarding what I can do ?

Well...your Dad is wrong, so there is that. Diet coke is not going to give you diabetes or make you gain weight. Its not going to give you any nutritional value either. Its not going to do much of anything. So enjoy...or don't, but nothing to be worried by either way.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    PennWalker wrote: »

Coke of all kinds is about as acidic than battery acid (I learned that in a science class). You can use it to clean rust off your car.

http://www.livescience.com/7198-acids-popular-sodas-erode-tooth-enamel.html

Don't tell yourself that you hate water -- give yourself a more positive message. Become a water freak. Put chilled bottles of water in your fridge. Try water with a slice of lemon or lime over ice. Buy yourself a gorgeous water bottle and carry it everywhere.

The kindergarten teachers use Coca Cola to clean dried paste off of scissors. It makes a great cleaner.

Google "gastric acid" (you know, the stuff that's in your stomach 24 hours a day for your entire life) and see how acidic it is.