Options
1234568»

Replies

• grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The Bad:

Blank profile, ignored requests for a photo ahead of time, and I gave the benefit of the doubt. Dude was a solid three inches shorter (said he was 5'8" yet I had an almost-clear view over the top of his head) and a 100 pounds fatter (said he was about 30-40 lbs overweight, like me at the time, and built like a football player. Apparently, what he meant was a short, out of shape, ex-lineman...) than he had stated. Rather slovenly dressed, even for an outdoors "date", unmistakably unshowered and his nails were filthy.

We met at a local heavily visited river spot since he was going to give a fly fishing lesson. He claimed he had been an instructor in AK years ago and offered to teach me when I mentioned earlier during telephone conversations the only fishing I did was spincasting. After all of five minutes of instruction, he nearly completely ignored me for the next 1-1.5 hours while he did his own thing fishing. On the way back to the cars, he reached down to grab a couple restaurant style paper napkins laying in the grasses a little bit off-trail and ended up grabbing a handful of the human excrement they were covering.

It actually got worse as the night went on, and for the 2-3 weeks I knew him, but I'll just leave y'all with that as the final imagery. You're welcome.

The sad thing is it wasn't even a 'The Ugly' from my dating history. I was waaayyyy too optimistic, open-minded, patient, and forgiving when I was dating in my 20-30s of who/what crossed my path. Never again.
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    Several year ago, when I was newly single, I meet a guy off of Match. He's profile was interesting and he seemed nice enough. So we agreed to meet at a restaurant. He finds me first and I'm just stunned. He looks like his pictures but 10 years older, 6 inches shorter and a whole lot sweatier.... And he has a lisp. I'm like wtf but decide to give it a chance. Come to find out he used old, like 6 years ago pictures on his profile. And he didn't even live in the area anymore so he had to drive in. Creepy. We ended the date after dinner. And I pretty much told him that I wasn't interested. Needless to say, he continues texting me and trying to call and I pretty much blow him off. A month or so passes and radio silence. I'm out for Valentine's Day with a new guy (my now husband) and he starts texting me again. Number blocked. My guy is dropping me off at my house after our date and lone behold there is creeper dudes car at my house..... I never told him where I lived.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Several year ago, when I was newly single, I meet a guy off of Match. He's profile was interesting and he seemed nice enough. So we agreed to meet at a restaurant. He finds me first and I'm just stunned. He looks like his pictures but 10 years older, 6 inches shorter and a whole lot sweatier.... And he has a lisp. I'm like wtf but decide to give it a chance. Come to find out he used old, like 6 years ago pictures on his profile. And he didn't even live in the area anymore so he had to drive in. Creepy. We ended the date after dinner. And I pretty much told him that I wasn't interested. Needless to say, he continues texting me and trying to call and I pretty much blow him off. A month or so passes and radio silence. I'm out for Valentine's Day with a new guy (my now husband) and he starts texting me again. Number blocked. My guy is dropping me off at my house after our date and lone behold there is creeper dudes car at my house..... I never told him where I lived.

Please tell me there was a chivalrous fight to defend your honor?
    And a restraining order filed?
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Well at first I call him and tell him to leave. He's like "please I just wanna see you". My guy is like "f.... This". Tells me to go inside and he handled him.... My guy hangs out for a bit. When he's leaving and I walk him to the door, there sit the flowers creeper dude had. He CAME BACK after my guy had pretty much scared the *kitten* outta him. My husband still makes fun of me to this day with "you need to leave" jokes.
  • Verchild
    Verchild Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Well at first I call him and tell him to leave. He's like "please I just wanna see you". My guy is like "f.... This". Tells me to go inside and he handled him.... My guy hangs out for a bit. When he's leaving and I walk him to the door, there sit the flowers creeper dude had. He CAME BACK after my guy had pretty much scared the *kitten* outta him. My husband still makes fun of me to this day with "you need to leave" jokes.

Thats amazing. All he was missing was the shining armor. You guys already had the monster...