12345679»

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    So you cool with it if I take your photos and profile here and post it somewhere else for people to make fun of?

There seems to be plenty of that happening right here, so what's the difference? MFPers do what you describe above on their wall, in PMs, in the groups and on the forum discussion boards all the time.

So the question is, "is it right?"

I notice questions of this nature are met with mirth, mockery, and inside joke winky winks by the usual crowd when posed on Chat - so is this actually a serious inquiry and if so, why?

I don't have friends so I don't know what goes on people's walls but I remember when this female screenshotted and posted this dudes pm here the moderators took it down and they tool down incogNEATo selfie thread also. I just don't think it's cool to kick someone when they can't defend themselves. When I make fun of people I don't do it behind their back

I think they took IncogNEATo's selfie thread down because people starting posting noodz on it.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I believe that when a profile has an area in which 1's prompted to share it with a friend, that it's meant to be shared with someone that you believe; might have an interest in dating them not ridicule them.

We shouldn't have to have laws, that regulate decency; that's what maturity's suppose to do. This type of behavior, is what leads to "Nanny State" laws being instituted, that many complain about being overreaching/unnecessary but when you have adults, acting more juvenile than children; what's the alternative?
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    Can't we just go back to talking about Tinder dates? Because I have another one Friday.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    So you cool with it if I take your photos and profile here and post it somewhere else for people to make fun of?

There seems to be plenty of that happening right here, so what's the difference? MFPers do what you describe above on their wall, in PMs, in the groups and on the forum discussion boards all the time.

I notice questions of this nature are met with mirth, mockery, and inside joke winky winks by the usual crowd when posed on Chat - so is this actually a serious inquiry and if so, why?

I don't have friends so I don't know what goes on people's walls but I remember when this female screenshotted and posted this dudes pm here the moderators took it down and they tool down incogNEATo selfie thread also. I just don't think it's cool to kick someone when they can't defend themselves. When I make fun of people I don't do it behind their back

I think they took IncogNEATo's selfie thread down because people starting posting noodz on it.

well now isnt that just lovely
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »

well now isnt that just lovely

I could be wrong...but I feel like it was over the winter before they split the forums up?
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    _birdie__ wrote: »
    You all don't think it's a bit *kitten* up to put people on blast when they aren't even around to defend themselves?

imgur.com/r/Tinder

and no i don't think reposting tinder profiles is *kitten* up

i don't understand how people have expectation of privacy from a dating app

or fb ig kik snapchat etc

dont pay for anything and click right thru user agreements without reading them

the words and pics you send are not private

anything you send that you haven't personally encrypted is not private

likely more eyes have access than you think

It's not an issue with privacy. I agree 100% anything you post out there becomes public information and anyone who thinks otherwise is silly. It was simply a question on whether or not you felt it was wrong to call someone out in a public forum who doesn't have a chance to defend themselves.

I'm sorry I posted the pic/profile of the guy from prison. Hopefully he's not on MFP in the joint as well. He could actually use it to log all those jail yard exercises though.
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

Well, I'm cool with that and I respect it. I thought I was the only one without any imaginary computer friends but you and me are the same that way. Cheers brother!

But none of this stuff is face to face really. It's just words on a screen responding to words on a screen.

Pics are a different matter though, I suppose. But posting pics sure isn't mandatory and some of us don't do it at all, because we don't want images of ourselves bandied all over the net where just about everything is fair game.

This mindset is exactly why, so many people lose their jobs and/or go to jail, over what they post online!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    _birdie__ wrote: »
    You all don't think it's a bit *kitten* up to put people on blast when they aren't even around to defend themselves?

imgur.com/r/Tinder

and no i don't think reposting tinder profiles is *kitten* up

i don't understand how people have expectation of privacy from a dating app

or fb ig kik snapchat etc

dont pay for anything and click right thru user agreements without reading them

the words and pics you send are not private

anything you send that you haven't personally encrypted is not private

likely more eyes have access than you think

It's not an issue with privacy. I agree 100% anything you post out there becomes public information and anyone who thinks otherwise is silly. It was simply a question on whether or not you felt it was wrong to call someone out in a public forum who doesn't have a chance to defend themselves.

I'm sorry I posted the pic/profile of the guy from prison. Hopefully he's not on MFP in the joint as well. He could actually use it to log all those jail yard exercises though.

@melmelw03 that was the best online dating profile ever! Total win!
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited August 2016
    Options

Well, I'm cool with that and I respect it. I thought I was the only one without any imaginary computer friends but you and me are the same that way. Cheers brother!

But none of this stuff is face to face really. It's just words on a screen responding to words on a screen.

Pics are a different matter though, I suppose. But posting pics sure isn't mandatory and some of us don't do it at all, because we don't want images of ourselves bandied all over the net where just about everything is fair game.

This mindset is exactly why, so many people lose their jobs and/or go to jail, over what they post online!

I hope you're not implying that this is my mindset, because it is not.

Well tell the above, to a parent whom lost their child to suicide; via "just words on a screen"!