Why does everybody detest low carb diets? They are the only thing that works for me

Options
15678911»

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    There's a significant difference between being in a ketogenic state and not providing your body with a proper fuel source.

But what's a proper fuel source? For me that's carbohydrates and protein. For you I suppose that ketones.

I remember hearing that there's some preliminary research suggesting that there might be a genetic component behind which people find high fat preferable to high carb. Wouldn't that be great to finally put this whole thing to rest?

It's also great to know that our bodies are designed with the ability to switch fuel sources...
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    So long as you realize that it's just keeping you in a calorie deficit and that is why you are losing it's no big deal. I prefer to have all my foods and stay in a deficit.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Cyndi10612 wrote: »
    I feel like people freak out when you tell them you are on an extremely low calorie diet, Atkins, etc. I catch the wrath from friends and family, and even online communities, that low carb diets are so bad for you but honestly it's the only thing that works for me and I feel better so why not!

Sheeple don't know how to open their minds and see things that are against the grain. Educate yourself, make your own decisions. Don't be a sheeple.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Which came first: proselytism, or argumentum ad martyrdom?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Wow, I didn't know people actually used the term sheeple unironically in 2016. Neat.
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    There is another discussion board for debating.
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Aquawave wrote: »

Was this directed at me? I am not debating. I answered the OP's question with a Socratic question.
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    Aquawave wrote: »

Was this directed at me? I am not debating. I answered the OP's question with a Socratic question.

Not at all, in general, this is a hot, decisive topic and should be in the debate forum. It makes for a very good debate topic and since I am not interested in debating, I will not be perusing this topic again.
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    I am doing low carb high fat and have lost over 90 pounds since the end of January. I have thought about it logically and here is what i think. The high fat part keeps you from feeling hungry and makes it easy to reduce calories. Regardless of why it works its working for me, my son, my brothers gf and others that I have suggested it to. Low carb goes against what we have been told FOREVER. Its just like back in the day "they" thought the earth was the center of the universe. My question is if the way "they" say to eat is so good why are so many people fat? I know I will probably get a lot of crap for this but oh well.

@billglitch
    Uhh.. because the majority of the population doesn't eat the way "they" tell you too. You know, the part where you eat the amount of calories that your body needs to keep things functioning and not several hundred calories over that on a daily/semi-daily basis. I didn't get 40lbs overweight by eating the way "they" told me to. I got there by eating the way America does.
    Also, complete laziness. People don't move anymore.