Picking on Pop-tarts - Dirty Food?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Pop Tart fires are not unheard of, especially when the toaster does not eject as scheduled.

Here's a time series photo of the phenomenon, courtesy the website "Strawberry Pop Tart Blow Torches."
    toast-4a.gif

The website further describes Strawberry Pop Tarts as a "cheap and inexpensive source of incendiary devices" and "flames can reach 10-18 inches in height" under the right conditions.

For more, see:
    http://www.pmichaud.com/toast/

Yummm edible bombs!

Been there, set my toaster on fire years ago with Pop Tarts :grumble:
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Uhhm... I'd have to say Takis. And for those of you who don't know what it is it's like a hotter version of Hot Cheetos with lime. They are like heaven. I'm not much of a sweet eater so these are my addiction. So hard to kick. When I can't find those it's Flaming Hot Cheetos lol

tumblr_m0ldkoozDQ1r7n0gco1_400.jpg
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I think pop tarts are nasty... way too dry for me to waste the calories. My carb-coma food of choice would have to be Jos Luis, Miss Vickie's Sweet Chili chips, pizza or hand breaded onion rings.... I don't understand all the hype around pop tarts. I need a tall glass of milk just thinking about them! lol
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Just thought of another one! LUNCHABLES.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I think pop tarts are nasty... way too dry for me to waste the calories

That's what the ice cream is for!
  • highervibes
    Options

You know, in the back of my mind I would be thinking "how many Bagel Bites could I eat for 600 calories?" lol
  • therunninghippie
    therunninghippie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cheez Whiz, Velveeta, and the infamous Twinkie.
  • raydolph
    raydolph Posts: 43
    Options
    Thought I would join this thread considering I spent the weekend indulging in the evil that is Pop-Tart. My wife was heading out of town for the weekend and I was going to rough it on my own and saw something absolutely amazing at the grocery store.....Blueberry Muffin Pop-Tarts. I had to have them, and without the ever observant eye of my wife lurking over me I bought them. Two days and 6 Pop-Tarts later, I have fulfilled my need for the evil pastry treats, but I noticed after eating one (ok two) that I was craving sweets far more than usual the rest of the day. Oh Pop-Tarts, why have you forsaken me?
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Jumping back in to say that Steak-Ums are at the top of my list as well...with ketchup, processed American cheese on grease soaked white bread. :blushing:
  • highervibes
    Options

You know, in the back of my mind I would be thinking "how many Bagel Bites could I eat for 600 calories?" lol

Why chose...........this past Tuesday I had 3 bagels and 3 pop tarts.

I live in NYC so the bagels are the best in the country imo.

I wish I didn't have to but if I ate 1000 calories in pop tarts and bagels I think my protein and carb macros would be way off. Men have an extra 500 calories to play with, it's unfair! lol
  • tc41586
    tc41586 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Double Decker Oatmeal Creme Pie! Yum.