What's for dinner

Options

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Blackened chicken thighs with broccoli, shallots, mushrooms and garlic.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Salisbury Steak and egg noodles. I'm trying a new recipe!
  • kbsangel1986
    kbsangel1986 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Salsa chicken and nachos (and yes, I am still below my calories for the day :-p )
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Beef stir fry with broccoli, onions and peppers with a sauce of low sodium soy sauce and Thai Chili Garlic sauce. Served with rice for those who want it.
  • BackwoodsDarlin
    BackwoodsDarlin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Grilled Enchilada Seasoned Tilapia with Steamed Asparagus and Spicy Grilled Mushrooms
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Zucchini, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Onion Pizza with Spiced Honey.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    pspenny36 wrote: »
    ejbronte wrote: »
    I did a quick experiment, based on what I watched on Ellie Krieger's show this afternoon on PBS: she took some raw orzo in a saute pan, and cooked it in broth, letting the pasta soften up while creating a sauce at the same time. So tonight, I threw some Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta in my leftover gazpacho, and, for good luck, added some of a home-made quickie polenta for extra thickening. It came out nice, saucy, and very, very filling. Together with a broiled red snapper fillet, I'm done for the evening.

That sounds amazing! I bought polenta a while ago, and the only thing I did with it, was fry it a little with some EVOO and topped it with pasta sauce, a little mozzarella cheese, and basil. I like the 'thickening' idea!

Thanks! It did come out surprisingly well -the polenta was my first attempt: I'd bought some corn meal, and decided to play with it. As polenta, it wasn't really successful, but it held together and the taste was good. And as the thickener, it was was just right! I'm going to try it your way next time.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I am going to make a white bean and collard green soup and probably have some jalapeno coleslaw with it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I am going to make a white bean and collard green soup and probably have some jalapeno coleslaw with it.

Oh, that sounds delicious!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Tonight we are having blackened catfish (fresh caught yesterday evening). I was thinking about roasted brussel sprouts as a side but for some reason now I've got collard greens on my mind so I might sauté those up with some garlic and olive instead. Maybe open a jar of pickled beets to go with.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Tonight we are having blackened catfish (fresh caught yesterday evening). I was thinking about roasted brussel sprouts as a side but for some reason now I've got collard greens on my mind so I might sauté those up with some garlic and olive instead. Maybe open a jar of pickled beets to go with.

The combination of collards and pickled beets sounds really good. It's been too long since I've had pickled beets.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    We're having rib eye steak and butter poached lobster tails, with homemade macaroni and cheese, and steamed broccoli.
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    =3 I made the Crockpot Cheeseburgers listed somewhere on here. Sadly it's high in calories because I couldn't afford the leaner meat this month, but it is so delicious.
  • sculls79
    sculls79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker chilli chicken with broccoli
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    we are going to melting pot! so excited
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Avocado Chicken Burger(1/2 for dinner, 1/2 lunch tomorrow) and green beans.
  • CathyYes
    CathyYes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I made a huge salad but I could only eat half of it. I sure hope it doesn't mess me up with numbers. LOL I'm terrified about not doing the numbers correctly to lose the weight. I don't even know how to take 1/2 off of a salad. I wonder if I could just mark each item in the salad as half? Any suggestions are appreciated :smiley:
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    CathyYes wrote: »
    I made a huge salad but I could only eat half of it. I sure hope it doesn't mess me up with numbers. LOL I'm terrified about not doing the numbers correctly to lose the weight. I don't even know how to take 1/2 off of a salad. I wonder if I could just mark each item in the salad as half? Any suggestions are appreciated :smiley:

If you built the recipe in recipe builder, then log .5 of a portion instead of 1. If you entered individual ingredients, then mark each item in the salad as half of what you logged. It won't be exact, but it will be a good estimate.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    We are doing kabobs outside on the grill tonight. Venison tenderloin chunks, red potatoes, assorted hot peppers from the garden and onion. And a bottle of roja to go with.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Date night with the hubby tonight!