What's for dinner

Options

Replies

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I am going out to dinner with a friend who moved last year. She wants me to meet her "man" as she calls them. Salad, steak and veggies for me. The place is overpriced but very good. But no cooking for me!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    We're having chicken grilled outside, beans in a spicy bbq sauce and fresh collard greens cooked with garlic and olive oil. And wine.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    We are going to have grass-fed chuck pot roast I got from the farmer's market for dinner with some caramelized onions and peppers, brown sugar glazed carrots and buttery mashed potatoes. And some fresh baked triple chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    sushi!!!!! and probably too much wine.
  • dothefreddy
    dothefreddy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sweet Italian turkey sausage, steamed mixed veg and penne with probably a red sauce.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hamburgers & Onions in Brown Gravy over rice. Watermelon on side.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Bratwurst, baked beans, cucumber salad. Having friends over for a send off to the summer...so plenty of beer and wine as well.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the cats to finish their first go-round at dinner and then I'm prepping some gazpacho and a quickie sardine salad. Two ounces of dry red wine. Something for dessert; I haven't decided yet between ice cream, a half slice of cinnamon swirl pastry or a few squares of chocolate mint bar. We'll see how I feel.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Carne Asada Tacos and Sangria
  • ktfranke
    ktfranke Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    4 oz lemon/pepper grilled steelhead fillet
    With Brown rice/kale/quinoa
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Peppercorn beef tenderloin and sautéed mushrooms on a bed of spring mix with spinach and Bolthouse cilantro avocado yogurt dressing.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    This

14141773_10154232858196998_1286574897566465534_n.png?oh=33830022a0f27210b9a9788efe085224&oe=58378A15
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    We indulged. Cheeseburgers topped with chili and crispy fried onions.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I did a quick experiment, based on what I watched on Ellie Krieger's show this afternoon on PBS: she took some raw orzo in a saute pan, and cooked it in broth, letting the pasta soften up while creating a sauce at the same time. So tonight, I threw some Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta in my leftover gazpacho, and, for good luck, added some of a home-made quickie polenta for extra thickening. It came out nice, saucy, and very, very filling. Together with a broiled red snapper fillet, I'm done for the evening.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Pecan Pork Chops with Carrot Fries
  • izzyrhunt
    izzyrhunt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Tonight it was beef meatloaf, French baguette, and salad
  • pspenny36
    pspenny36 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ejbronte wrote: »
    I did a quick experiment, based on what I watched on Ellie Krieger's show this afternoon on PBS: she took some raw orzo in a saute pan, and cooked it in broth, letting the pasta soften up while creating a sauce at the same time. So tonight, I threw some Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta in my leftover gazpacho, and, for good luck, added some of a home-made quickie polenta for extra thickening. It came out nice, saucy, and very, very filling. Together with a broiled red snapper fillet, I'm done for the evening.

That sounds amazing! I bought polenta a while ago, and the only thing I did with it, was fry it a little with some EVOO and topped it with pasta sauce, a little mozzarella cheese, and basil. I like the 'thickening' idea!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm trying a copycat green tea frappuchino recipe I found on Pinterest and making some quesadillas with homemade "chicken" seitan, vegan cheese, and sauteed mushrooms and onions.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Broccoli potato cheese soup with sourdough bread. Tomorrow is barbacoa tacos.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with ground beef and cheese

how do you cook your spaghetti squash? I did this for the first time last night 375 degrees for 40 minutes and it still came out kind of crunchy, though fully warmed. Do you do the trick where you put water in the dish with them? I forgot that step and wondered if that was the difference.