which one is better choice

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Better for what purpose?

Nutritionists say it only takes one meal to do damage that is in high fat..

What nutritionists say this? Can you provide a name or link?

What type of damage?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Screw it. Even if someone gives him a reasonable answer, he's just going to move the goalposts with more tangential criteria. Then later he's add some random crud he got from publix to confound even that answer. Then he'll just eat some cake between a couple slices of whole wheat, because that makes sense in his world.

Oh wait, is this Mr. Cake Sandwich? *Does a quick search* Yep. It's good ol' Mr. "Cake y or n?" It's been so long I had forgotten the name. It all makes sense now. Move along, nothing to see here.

Wonder what the best bread is for a cake sandwich, anyway. I'm thinking maybe Kings Hawaiian.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Just eat the *kitten* donut fried chicken cheeseburger.

"donut fried chicken cheeseburger y or n"
  • claraoswold
    claraoswold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body, your diet, etc.

I'd have the burger. But I hate chicken.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Screw it. Even if someone gives him a reasonable answer, he's just going to move the goalposts with more tangential criteria. Then later he's add some random crud he got from publix to confound even that answer. Then he'll just eat some cake between a couple slices of whole wheat, because that makes sense in his world.

Oh wait, is this Mr. Cake Sandwich? *Does a quick search* Yep. It's good ol' Mr. "Cake y or n?" It's been so long I had forgotten the name. It all makes sense now. Move along, nothing to see here.

Wonder what the best bread is for a cake sandwich, anyway. I'm thinking maybe Kings Hawaiian.

Mmmmm, Kings Hawaiian! Yummy, yummy bread.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

And that reminds me of the world's saddest child's birthday cake...
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

I nearly choked while eating a cherry tomato because I was laughing at the image of the cake sandwich. Your post is now causing me to reconsider the pre- and post-prandial impact of all deadly nightshade vegetables. You, sir, are a lifesaver! I might've gone on eating those dangerous things for, well, minutes....
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Saturated fat, FTW!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Better for what purpose?

Nutritionists say it only takes one meal to do damage that is in high fat..

What nutritionists are you referring to?

And have "they" described what damage is caused by having something that is a little high in fat in one meal? Breading on chicken is not fatty, its carby, and beef, depending on leanness is not fatty either. But they are higher in calories especially when you add the breading, bun.. etc..

If you want to avoid some fat in fried chicken, don;t fry it..Dry fry it, or just use cooking spray. .

You forgot about saturated fat.

What about it?

The chicken thigh, with skin, has about 5.6 g. Without, 2.7 g.

The burger, if you choose 93% lean, has about 3.25 g.

I think you can survive either.

Even if you go over the AHA's recommended 5-6% of total calories from sat fat on a particular day, I think you will be okay.

I so don't understand thinking that eating one meal that might be high in sat fat will be terrible AND posing a choice between a restaurant cheeseburger and restaurant fried chicken. If you want to worry about what nutritionists would think about every single meal, why not choose between (1) a skinless, boneless chicken breast with broccoli and some brown rice; (2) salmon, on a bed of kale and quinoa; or (3) a vegetarian chili made from black beans and sweet potato with a mix of vegetables, including tomatoes, peppers, and summer squash.

I mean, while I could enjoy all three of those options (well, if you prepared the chicken in some decent way), I can see occasionally preferring the fried chicken or the burger. But if so, the consideration (other than calories and what else you are eating that day) really ought to be "what am I in the mood for?".
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I can't even...
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Next time grill the chicken, use lean hamburger and eat both muhauhuahua.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Get turducken.