Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,706 Member
    Options
  • txfyreflye
    txfyreflye Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Nice to see that people in this section can bear their hearts; write about their daily lives; and not be told to go to their blog instead of posting on the forum. You all seem to be much nicer people.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 11.15min, 15.6amph, 142mhr, 2.9mi = 112c
    SKI MACHINE- 38min, 142mhr, 3-6incl, 25-30resist, 1.68mi = 325c
    ride gym 2 dome- 8.18min, 10.2amph, 135mhr, 1.4mi = 76c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.54min, 8.2amph, 141mhr, 2.5mi = 159c
    total cal 672

we both got our 1k in donations, so we both get a jersey!!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,886 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: We had a nice Labor Day yesterday. We finally got the barbecue going but ended up cooking mostly at the fire pit. The cover for the barbecue literally fell apart when we were cleaning it up so there was nothing to hold the heat in. Need to find a new one. However I think everyone had a good time. I got my exercise in walking my horse around the arena while she gave rides to the young girls and one adult. Everybody had different length legs so I used the bareback pad so I wouldn't have to change saddles or adjust stirrups. Jule was given lots of extra grooming, petting and treats for her efforts.

Re - Yes we did find some dry wood but it took us a bit to get it going and we finally had to use charcoal in the barbecue. The kids enjoyed making s'mores at the fire pit after dinner. I probably should explain that our barbecue is built of stone not a conventional metal one.

SW = 213
    CW = 209
    total lost this week = -1
    total lost all weeks = -4
    GW = 190
    pounds away from goal = 19

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sue, our girls and I have even turned the electric stove on just to get a roasted mashmellow
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :)Joyce, my x-rays today were all done standing up....I had to stand still and not move until the tech told me to move to another position. Standing still is what hurts me the most so I was miserable by the time they were finished. When I went back to the changing room, I had to sit for a few minutes while the pain went away before I felt like putting my clothes on. I feel very fortunate that I'll be able to see the doctor so soon.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr of Amy Dixon's Give me 10 DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the deep water class.

reduceme - big congrats on that weight loss. Just be careful that you don't drink too much. That can have real bad effects on the body. Good advice from Lisa. That's a lot of water every day. Maybe there's a reason why your body needs so much water. I usually have over 100oz a day, but never that much.

Allison to the rescue!!!

Went to go see "Light Between The Ocean" movie with some of the Newcomers. I highly recommend this movie. WARNING: If you go see it, be sure to bring tissues with you. As a mother, this will really tear at your heart.

The went to WalMart and picked up one of those big cookie cakes. It's one lady's birthday and she's usually at Mexican Train. Then stopped to get gas, then went to pick up my watch that needed to be overhauled. At this time they took another link out of my watch. I hate when the watch turns on my hand, I'm always so afraid that I'm going to hit it on something when it's on the underside of my wrist. Not sure if they would have charged me normally, but with what I paid for my watch, I figured taking out a link couldn't be very much so I just left. Unfortunataely, I had one of those miniTwix bars while I was waiting. Why, oh why did I do that?

Mexican Train tonight

Vicki - so sorry for all the deaths your family is enduring

I have friends who are trans, and I must say I've never met more caring, loving, giving people than them. When I went to go see them, I asked Vince if he wanted to go and he said "no, that's not natural". I thought they were just lovely people. I'd much rather see a trans couple who is married for a long time than a couple who is married for only a few weeks.

Re - you know something? The cheese biscuits at Red Lobster don't entice me at all. As a matter of fact, I had a bite of one a while ago and didn't want any more. We're all different

Went to Mexican Train. Just had carrots, sugar snap peas, and cantaloupe. Just water to drink.

barbie - so glad the doc had a cancellation! Best of luck

txfyreflye - I don't think you'd find a nicer bunch of women anywhere else!

Michele in NC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Must have eaten something bad yesterday as I woke up at 2 am with stomach problems. Lasted until 8:30 am. Really wore me out. Toda wax a Jammie day. Haven't eaten much as I'm afraid it will come back.
    Barbie - hope the doctor gets to the bottom of your pain issues. When I had severe headaches for 6 months, I had to go through about fiv doctors until I found one who knew what was causing it and how to fix it. So praying for a good result for you.
    Re- will do the Google for high protein. It's funny we use to say look it up in the dictionary now we say google it.
    Sorry not much to reply tonight although I did read the posts.
    SueBDew in TX
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Heather: Bea is gorgeous! She brightens my day!

Barbie: Hope that they get to the bottom of your pain issues soon.

Re: Don't work too hard...covering for those on vacation is tough on the one doing the covering!

DJ: Sorry your friend is having such a difficult time. Enjoy the line dancing

Vicki: Be kind to yourself! 1 thing at a time. Pick something small that you can succeed at and as my dad says "just do it" :)

I've been covering for 2 managers as well as my boss for the last 4 weeks. Finally everyone is back today and I get to do my own job! Fortunately, I'm on the road to recovery, but I'm still coughing. I'm going to take my own advice and be kind to myself,even though I haven't accomplished anything that I wanted to in August.

Goal for September: Do a better job of meal planning!

Carey - Northern Alberta
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    txfyreflye wrote: »
    Nice to see that people in this section can bear their hearts; write about their daily lives; and not be told to go to their blog instead of posting on the forum. You all seem to be much nicer people.

This is a terrific group of supportive, encouraging and very active ladies. Join right in, tell us a little about yourself, where you live and any goals you may have on your journey to a healthy lifestyle.

Welcome,
    Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Re: I got in trouble for trotting during the trail ride because the horse trotted on his own initiative. I didn't ask for it AND I didn't admonish him and make him stop. I'm supposed to be the one in charge. He should go at whatever pace I ask of him until I ask for something different. My teacher was correct to call me on it. I was indulging myself and the horse. I'm not sorry because I had fun, but next time I'll be more responsible. :embarassed:

txfyreflye: Welcome to a great group of women. :smiley:

Barbie: I'm sorry the x-ray process was painful. I hope it gains useful information that will help solve the problem. (((HUGS)))

We bought a new coffeepot today, made one horrid pot of coffee with it and will be taking it back tomorrow. :grumble: It has been overcast today but not wet. Since school year is just starting, this weather is a bit of a blessing for kids who are just going back to school. It isn't quite as bad going back into the classroom in cloudy or rainy weather when there isn't anything fun to do outside anyway.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Barbie- (((hugs))) I'm sorry to hear that the exray process caused you such pain. Hopefully they will be able to get valuable information from it.

Katla- trotting is a lot of fun!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,353 Member
    Options
    Barbie - So glad that you might finally be getting some sensible answers and possibly a cure for your pain. You have been so patient. With me I can put up with stuff if I HAVE to, but I want to know WHAT IT IS ! :sad:
    :flowerforyou:

Heather UK
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Tuesday was a good day!
    @kim yes i agree that is why I write a grateful list! It so helps when I am in my anixiety spells. A way of grounding.

The Y was good today one of the best decisions I have made. So addicted to going. I still have a lot of weight on my frame but the walking is getting easier. On the track or in the water.

Liz
    Caldwell, Idaho
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,801 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I am here and woke at a reasonable hour today 5:10 a.m.
    Yesterday was a long day ,but went quick because we were busy..
    day after a holiday everyone has broken a tooth, or something...today I am working 1-6 so that will be alright and tomorrow I am off... think I will be going out with Doris..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Just lost my post :( let's try again :#

Sue this time of year is great to purchase a new barbecue grill

Barbie glad the uncomfortable waiting and standing though the exrays is behind you. Answers ahead <3

Katla I teach elementary level and I always notice the kids are so very happy to be back among the structure and the social environment of school. I am lucky to be a part of a great school community. Can you tell I teach elementary?!? :D

Today will be mostly planning day and I hope to maintain my focus--one thing I've added to help with that is a rule to check my email only at 3 points in the day and not between every class. I hope this will help me be more focused--it worked yesterday and I think it will be really hard to establish and that is why I am telling you all about it!!

Anybody else struggle with the habit of checking email, phone, Facebook etsy or Pinterest too much?? ;)

NYKAREN
  • Debbieclark11
    Debbieclark11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.............!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    morning peeps -
    2 more days and 19 hours!!!!!!!!