WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie for starting the thread!

My August goal was to be more truthful in logging. I did very well with the exception of last night...gobbled down pizza. September will be the same. Haven't lost any weight but just fighting to not gain any more.

Janet ~ Love Oscar. I don't remember if he is just visiting or permanent.

Finishing up the pizza for breakfast and will then get my behind back into gear.

Carol
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
    Miriamso glad you got antibiotics right away About 5 years ago I had UTI didn't go to Docs and ended up hospitalised and near death who would have thought, it was less than a week. I would never make that mistake again fortunately haven't had another since

Have a good day everyone
    Kate
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :) Good Morning....thank you for all the kind words and for being with me while I ate my breakfast..After all my years as first a student and then a teacher, I think of September as a time for "new beginnings" or "a clean slate" This has always been a good time for me to make a fresh start on something.

:)Janet,[/b Oscar is a cutie....enjoy your RV journey

<3 Barbie from wet NW Washington
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    September goal to log my food and exercise. I got away from doing that and my waistline suffered.

Janetr great picture of Oscar!

Remember to hit the star outline by the title of our group so you can find your way back. It should turn yellow! I almost forgot

:heart: Margaret
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Happy September Fabulous Ladies. Have a a few days of posts to catch up on, but wanted to get started with the new month. I'll be back with goals soon.

Barbie: As always, I so enjoy the new graphics you chose to get us started with the new month. Hello Kitty!!!!

Stay well. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Rori~ love the picture :)
    Well my DD is ticked at me. gonna let it sit for awhile... think Kyle(the punk boyfriend) doesn't want her driving her car up to N.H. as it is a leased car and he doesnt want her putting miles on it..
    I made the suggestion that she and my dad and Taliah and Ginger ride up in her car as it is bigger, and grandpa knows the way... she keeps saying I have my own agenda, well I did promise my brother I would be up Saterday morning to help get the place together and set up for Party on Sunday... I could take them up Saterday afternoon ,but I also am bringing , bedroll , food and clothes for myself and there just isnt enough room with 4 people bringing stuff like that, and the dog probably weighs about 60 lbs, there is no way she would fit in my car with 4 people... so I am letting her calm down a little and then talk to her tomorrow... going to pick Chester up from groomers then, Mary will be here at 11 to pick me up and then off we go...
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    August Goals:
    - 120 miles ...accomplished - 146.1 miles
    - 10 days over 10,000 steps...accomplished - 19 days over 10,000
    - Be up to date with all the organizations I volunteer with
    - Be up to date on company books
    - Organize personal papers and get pension papers in order

I made my walking goals - only because of the work at my mom's house. This weekend is the garage sale and then hopefully I can focus on my own stuff... I have to focus on my own stuff because my pension papers have to be completed by the end of the month, and hopefully they arrive in the mail soon so I can take them to the accountant and financial planner.

September goals:
    - 120 miles
    - 10 days over 10,000 steps
    - Get the paper work done!!
    - clean and repair mom's house - ready for sale.

September goals will be a challenge!! I am probably being harsh on myself. The grand kids will be here every Tuesday, plus any days the other grandparents are harvesting. I need to get my pension papers finished up...hopefully they arrive in the mail in sufficient time.

And I will try not hurt myself anymore than I already have..... a Reiki treatment and a deep tissue massage and my neck will now turn to the left ....not sure what my lifting ability will be but I guess I will find that out in a couple of hours as I load boxes in my car for the garage sale at my mom's house.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan

"Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out"
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Thank you Barbie for starting the thread!

My August goal was to be more truthful in logging. I did very well with the exception of last night...gobbled down pizza. September will be the same. Haven't lost any weight but just fighting to not gain any more.

Janet ~ Love Oscar. I don't remember if he is just visiting or permanent.

Finishing up the pizza for breakfast and will then get my behind back into gear.

Carol

Oscar will be living at our house with Jack's youngest son while we are on our motor home adventure.

Janetr okc
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Had a lovely lunch out with girlfriends from yoga. The next table from us had a huge group of mature women all chatting away, so it was hard to hear ourselves think! We ladies of a certain age do love to enjoy ourselves!
    I did well on calories. I had two small starters, no carbs, so all was well. One small glass of wine as a long soda spritzer.
    Tonight is sea bass with mushy peas and broccoli. Something easy as I don't feel like complicated cooking. Stewed pears that DH made, with homemade yoghurt and a Walden Farm calorie free caramel sauce. I'm not a great fan of artificial sauces, but this one is pretty good on pears and it's not very often. :)

Now relaxing after doing my kettlebell swings. I didn't do them this morning as I didn't want to get all sweaty before our outing, but as soon as they left I got to it. o:) I did my machines this morning. I have a couple of stubborn pounds that are sticking to me and just getting on my nerves. I am logging faithfully. My waist measurement is up half an inch and I can see the fat. I need to up my burn a bit to lose it. This morning I put a bit more effort into the machines instead of just pottering along. I can't do actual HIIT, because my knee hates it, but I need to up my heart rate a bit more I think. I've told DH I will go out for a short walk some afternoons. Another 100+ burn will get me gradually losing I reckon, but I do so much already. :( I know 2 pounds is nothing, but it sticks like glue and I don't want 2 to become 4 then 6 etc.
    I am pretty sedentary most days apart from my exercising, so I think that is what I need to change.

Love Heather UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    JanetR: I hope you'll be able to check in with us regularly while you're traveling so that we can share the adventure. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I'm glad you're back. I've missed your comments. :smiley:

want8me9back: Welcome to a great group. Click the blank star at the top of the page. It will turn yellow. Then you can click on the gray star at the top of the MFP page to find your way back to us. :star:

Melanie: I hope you get back in your house soon & that you have flood insurance to help with the costs. Where we live, flood insurance is mandatory. :heart:

Rori: I agree with Alison. Your picture is lovely. :smiley:

Lillian: You've set big goals for September and they seem attainable with effort. I hope your pension papers arrive promptly! :smiley:

*Our town ha a concert in the park every Thursday night during the summer months. Today will be the last concert for the year. I hope that DH and I are able to go. He seems to be feeling quite a bit better since he stopped taking Baclofen, and his drop foot is doing much better. The toe is coming up better than it has in years.
    *Fall weather patterns seem to have arrived. We woke up to fog above the river today. We are likely to weeble-wobble on weather patterns before fall rains set in. Keeping my fingers crossed for a pretty fall.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

September Resolutions :
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Heather- you are doing fantastic!

Katla - I hope you are able to make it to the last concert of the year! Let us know how it goes.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Re - waves back at ya! c0122.gif

I am thinking that my August goals should be a repeat for September. I didn't always make my goal, but what the heck, it's a new month. :D

Goals (and wishes) for the month:

1) Be faithful and log everything - I only cheat myself by cheating on logging.
    2) Continue to exercise every day - the reports don't lie, the more I move the less I weigh.
    3) Be kind to myself when (not if) I fall off the wagon. No one is perfect, dust myself off and get going again.
    4) Weigh myself once a week. Hate to do it, but I am a big girl and there are worse things in life than stepping on the scale.
    5) Make time to enjoy the little things in life, for they are truly the most important things. <3

I made progress, I lost 3 lbs last month with these goals, so maybe they are a keeper.

My knee is wacked out again this morning. This time I know why. Spent all day yesterday working on the house. Not house work, working on the house. Got peeling paint (exterior) scraped, cut out old caulking and reapplied new/better caulking and then painted all the house trim I could reach from the ground and a side garage door. No more peeling paint look but it took all day to complete. Professional painters will have to come in the Spring to do the house, it's a 3 story in the back and a 2 story in the front and I am not as flexible as I used to be and some of you know ladders and I scare each other.

Then just because I couldn't get enough punishment, I took an extra long walk after dinner. So now you know why my knee is trash talking to me today. Still have to take a trip to the grocery store today also.

We have another neighbors dinner cookout planned this weekend and I have been requested to bring my home made 'too rich for you' moolious ice cream for everyone. My neighbor and his wife have flown back from Austin Texas for the weekend so I will make his favorite which is cookies and cream. It's not my favorite so it will be easier to keep my scoop on the small side.

Charleen in Colorado (My body is a loosely confedrated group of trash talking body parts) Sigh.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Katla wrote "JanetR: I hope you'll be able to check in with us regularly while you're traveling so that we can share the adventure."

Oh yes, I'll have 2 or three tablets with me plus my phone, between all of that, I'll be checking in. I'll also be logging my food every day.

We also have mandatory flood insurance here due to where our house is situated by the creek to the west of us just beyond the llama pasture. BTW, we are pretty sure Mama llama (Summer is her name) will be having another baby in the next 2 or so months.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Charlene - You are a marvel! :flowerforyou: Once upon a time I used to help my very competent ex with his "house" work. I could do almost every job. Then I found, like you, that body parts started protesting pretty quickly whenever I thought I could do something. I always ended up wrenching something or pulling something. Like you I have a "dodgy" knee. :'( My DH still tries trimming trees or extending himself too far and then suffers. I have called a halt to any over exertion. If my knee goes out it takes weeks to get better. Luckily we can just afford to pay professionals, though it still HURTS! Ouch! :'( But I do love watching professionals working and getting stuff done, that would take us days, in mere hours. My only gripe is that it eats into leisure savings. I think all these things are fine if you can do it, get a sense of accomplishment, or have very limited funds. But nothing is worth giving yourself a long term injury for. Congrats on the success, but be careful!!!! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx