Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    1031910m5uhc2jyfc.gif the cats are so darling....I'd have many more except that we live in a neighborhood with a limit on how many pets you can have.

t111009.gif It rained for the whole 90 minutes I walked the dogs after breakfast...when I got home, I stripped off all my clothes, hung up my coat and hat, and threw everything else in the washing machine...yes, I am very grateful for my washer and dryer.

81824br5uyrfrsr.gif Line dance class this morning was great...there were three new students who had a great time and asked to put on my mailing list so they'd get the list of dances for next week. There were 36 students in class in spite of it being the beginning of Labor Day weekend. If you're looking for a fun and worthwhile way to be active, consider line dancing.

:) When I got home, Jake was fixing lunch and had already taken the dogs for a walk....what a nice treat.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington

Resolutions for September
    *continue meditating daily increasing time by 5 seconds every few days
    *sort and discard papers from the next box of old treasures
    *do stretching and exercises for 10 minutes three days a week with Jake while he does exercises from physical therapy
    *play bocce with Jake four times
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    Hello all: It is pouring rain today. The horses have hardly left the shelter at all. I even fed them inside and I try not to do that too often. They like us need to move around.Doing well with food today.

Jane - So happy the surgery went well and you found a doc with a good bedside manner. It makes a difference.

Linda - Cute, cute kitty. Our barn kitty had her picture posted on the Canopy Cat Rescue site this month because they had to come rescue her out of a very tall tree.

Joyce - Happy 44th!!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Feeling the effects of two whirlwind days. Walked. Went to gym and did upper body for an hour, came home, took a bath and crashed. Got up at 4:00, drug myself to the bank, nail salon and CVS because I was out of vitamins and my toes were half Dutch Tulip and half natural. I still need to vacuum and dust for the shower tomorrow. I'm also working on an ice ring for the punch bowl. I'm using blue Kool-Aid and Swedish fish. I have to do a shallow layer, let it freeze, then another layer, etc. or the fish will all sink to the bottom. The actual punch I'm using pins coloda mix, blue Kool-Aid and lemon lime soda. I'll add vanilla ice cream at the last minute to add bubbles to the "fish pond." Not very low-cal so I will also have a pitcher of ice water for those who don't want yo over indulge in cake and punch. P

The cake will be a layer cake with seaweed, bubbles, and fish. The cookies have crabs, sea horses, fish, and octopuses. I will have a fruit and cheese tray and a veggie tray, too. Maybe I'll try the ranch and cottage cheese dip.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Hello again! I am checking in again because I have the time and energy! Whoot! Wow, it feels good to say that! lol
    Joyce- 44 years! Wow! That is something to be proud of. Marriage is the hardest thing that I have ever done. I have often said I would raise 20 children from infancy to adulthood before I would ever marry again (DH is still with me; but just saying in case something were to happen to him/us). So hard trying to train some one else's son to be a good husband! ;)
    Linda and Miriam- adorable kittens! I wish cats could keep that kitten look with the straight up tail. Good luck finding a forever family little Rio!
    Heather- I think that is part of the problem of how I got the way I am (weight wise). Born with the "do not waste food" mentality, I used to eat the kids leftovers. Now, I try very hard to make just what we need, I will make/prep extra fruit and veggies in case the kids want second helpings; but the main course I make only one for each child. Any leftovers are offered to my dh and dys and if they don't want it, it goes into the trash right away. UNLESS it's fruit or veg, then I can have some. But I did splurge a LOT these past couple of weeks. Oye. Can't button my jeans. I will have to take care of that problem before the weather cools (a month, tops!)
    Karen - Ooooh! Mouthwatering little balls of yummmm! You are a green goddess! Lucky girl!
    Thanks all for the grandbaby congrats! Yes, this will be my first grandchild. Looks like I will be heading to Texas soon and often!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,701 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 10.27min, 14.7amph, 137mhr, 2.5mi = 87c
    treadmill- WALK/SKIP/SIDESTEP/SCISSORS- 36min, 13.29p, 4.3sp, 1.0-4.0incl, 11.0speed burst, 125ahr, 156mhr, 2.67mi = 322c
    ride gym 2 dome- 4.33min, 13.7amph, 132mhr, 1mi = 47c
    Ride dome 2 hm- 21.52min, 7.5amph, 138mhr, 115ahr, 2.5mi, 14.2#backpack, 16mph winds = 176c
    632 total cal
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Got another donation , 150 bucks!!! Up to 1201.00!!!!!
  • Elizabeth2360
    Elizabeth2360 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Sorry to be inactive in group! I have been logging my food in but not posting a lot. Right now I am so burned out not feeling like I have anything to give!

My husband and I are at a place in our relationship that isn't working it is hard to admit this. We had issues in the past but I thought we had gotten past these issues. But reality just hit me right in the face.

I know I need to take myself and my daughter get the stuff out. We (I) more so need clarity time for a vacation to clear my head and process things and make a plan! But things are tight. Hard to do this....;;

Sorry more info than needed.

Liz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    16,000 steps
    152 minutes of dog walking
    57 minutes riding the exercise bike
    taught the beginning line dance class

The secret of contentment is knowing how to enjoy what you have, and to be able to lose all desire for things beyond your reach."-- Yutang Lin
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    namadlady- welcome to our group! I live in northern Minnesota and I had Lymes disease and anaplasmosis. I could hardly get myself out of bed the beginning of the year. I went to a holistic doctor here in Walker where everybody in the area as well as from far reaches of our United States. I started on that medicine and with in four days I had more energy than I have had in the last six years! Everybody in this area goes there when they get Lymes disease and we have a lot of that here. The other route did not work for me or most of the other people. The medicine that I am on is to help boost my immune system so that it can fight off the virus. They are doing a lot of this type of therapy with cancer patients now.

Welcome to our group! If you need any information let me know.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    KJ congrats on DD pregnancy. I always buy new inserts for my sneakers. I am lucky the "active sports" insert by dr. SHOLL has a plantar fasciitis bridge and only cost $20 (sometimes I have a coupon so even less!) and they have worked beautifully. I always buy new balance shoes with the removable insole so putting in the insert really extends the wear on the sneakers.

Had an exhausting week of work but very enjoyable after work activities with friends and family, feeling blessed and tired.

NYKAREN
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Just a quick fly-by
    67.gif

Carey-Northern Alberta
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,387 Member
    Options
    Did about 45 minutes on the bosu today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Kathy Kaehler's Get Fit DVD

Played mahjongg today. Came home and made flounder for next week and then straightened up the house a bit. Friends of ours came over, they had tickets for a baseball game and the wife really wanted to go even tho the weather didn't look all that good. We went to this restaurant in Charlotte. I do have to say it was good. I had a black bean burger, collard greens on the side (not quite sure how they were cooked), only water to drink. I should have also asked for salsa but I asked for mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, and onion on the burger. Unfortunately, they didn't give you much lettuce or tomato (so what else is new?). found out that the game had been cancelled. It was rescheduled for tomorrow night. Only they had plans and I need to be here to lector at the church. So we came home. The guy we were with ordered onion rings. I just took part of two of them and didn't eat much of the breading at all.

Miriam - so glad you're better

Re - Vince does a fair amount of Halloween decorating outside. What happened is that the party that was going to be the Halloween party was originally scheduled for this other place. Then I saw that this lady was in charge. She didn't even know it! Well, I thought she might be scrambling around for someplace to have it so I offered my house. Honestly, I didn't think she'd take me up on it. But she did. We had a Halloween party for the Newcomers about 4 years ago. We don't usually have a big Halloween party, but looks like we will this year. You're right some of the things at second-hand stores are real nice. Like I got this crudite tree. Never opened the package. I'm just concerned that I won't be able to put a whole lot of cheese cubes on it. I guess it holds about 50 pieces. Wonder if I can put more than one on a "branch"? Wonder how Greek yogurt would do as a substitute for the sour cream?

Sandra and nomadlady - welcome!

Rori - has it been a year already??? Yes, you're right, I remember it being summertime and we were out looking at some of my ceramic "creations" Boy, does time fly. Been thinking of Carol and hope all's fine by her

Kim - I used the powdered buttermilk but found that I would rather use milk with vinegar in it which makes the milk sour.

Joyce - your Halloween ideas are really neat. I especially like that one about the jumping heart. Wish I had access to medical equipment like you did. Happy anniversary!

NYKaren - the last time we had a Halloween party, I took a head of cauliflower, cut it up and put part in a glass jar with green Gatorade and that was the "brains". It's just that I found something that's probably real brains. I just don't know how large it is. Well, if it isn't that large, I do have some Mason jars and I can use one of those.

Linda/IA - have fun at the game! Rio is so so adorable!

Juanita - many years ago I took some belly dance classes. Some of the things that really impressed me were that the people in the class didn't have any body image issues. And let me tell you, some of those ladies were BIG. But they had no problem wearing those skimpy tops. And there was such comraderie!

KJ - I'd love to see the pic of that platter. Wonder if you can use shrimp for the "brains"? Congrats on the new addition!

Purl - the place where I do the ceramics, you buy the greenware, if needed you clean it, then they fire it to make it into bisq, then you paint it and they fire it. One nice thing is that you can bring greenware/bisq from some place else and use their paints and they fire it for you.

Sue in TX - I'm trying to let my bangs grow out. Right now they're at that awkward stage where they are too short to put behind the ears but too long and are in my eyes. I don't like the look of having to bobby-pin them back, but I don't know what else to do in the meantime

Jane - so happy for you that the surgery went well. Thanks for letting us know

Katie - your decorations for the shower sound really great. Loved the idea of an ice ring with fish in it. What are you using for the seaweed and bubbles on the cake?

Liz - I know others have been in the situation like yours, so keep coming here.

Michele in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Stage 2 of the cherry tomato bounty (because there will be so many more in a day or two)

Decided to dehydrate the lot of them:

6bfqi3on43v7.jpg

I'll post the finished product in the a.m. I keep them in airtight bags in the refrigerator and they last a long time, lovely on salads, for cooking, etc. Very intense taste!

Karen in Virginia with a bounty of cherry tomatoes
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We've had a fairly quiet day today. DH hasn't been feeling well, and I've been a bit under the weather, too. I'm better than I was, but not great. He seems to have a worse case of whatever this is. My main symptoms have been a low grade headache and lack of energy. I'm feeling a little better. I did get some things accomplished. I got a birthday card off to DSIL. I think it will be a couple of days late. They don't seem to get my letters at the speed I'd expect. Perhaps next year I'll send everything earlier. They do get gifts shipped by Amazon on time. Hmmm. I don't think it is our post office. Mail we send through there does get to its destinations on time other than to Illinois.

Riding lesson tomorrow. :bigsmile: My teacher texted the plan-- we're trail riding again! WAHOO!!!!! The group will include my teacher, another of her students, and me. We get along well and I look forward to a great time riding and chatting.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I love that blue belly lizard. <3
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Allie, congrats on the new ride. That was a nice surprise! The old boy still has a few tricks up his sleeve. So glad you had a wonderful day. You deserve it.

Sue, that’s awful about your eye. Well I guess I really mean about a shot in it. Ewwww Glad the site is better and hope that is all the treatment you’ll need.

Barbie, that picture of Sasha lying on her back made me laugh so hard. That is how Pepper, our toy poodle sleeps. He is probably about the size of Sasha’s head. Lol

Joyce, not everyone in the world is computer literate and that’s okay. You know we don’t think any less of you for it. My DH is the one that’s funny. He knows just enough to be dangerous. I got him one a few years ago when he retired, to give him something to do other than “shadow” me. He has learned a lot about surfing the net and does lots of research on stocks and reads lots of news on it.

Sandra, welcome. You will find this a great place for support and information. Come often and join right in.

Rori, you said you work from home but it sounds like you work on the road. I’m just waiting for one of your trips to bring you my direction. *hint, hint*

Kim, I cooked Quinoa for the first time yesterday. I actually put a little ground beef and spaghetti sauce on it. DH had spaghetti. Today I’m making beef-vegetable soup and added some to it. I’ve had it prepared by others before but never cooked it. I do see tons of recipes so will get more adventuresome with it. I’m glad you are getting a handle on the job and schedule. I think a BD month with no weight gain is a definite win. Congrats.

Joyce, I loved hearing about your body bag and all you did for the kids. What fun!!! I hope the B/P stays down. (((((Hugs)))))

I miss CarolNC also. I hate it when the regulars disappear and we don’t know if they are okay. I hope she is too busy having a wonderful life!!!

Lisa, I love the “allergic to your husband pill”. LOL Many years ago I would get a yeast infection by just looking at my DH. I saw my GYN more than my DH and he finally sent me to a dermatologist.

Rita, hope you are soon back on track in all areas of your life. Good luck on finding the right house.

Juanita, I think you should sign up for the belly dancing class. I’ve heard it’s great for stomach muscles. Go girl. This would be me: belly-dance.gif

KJ, your activities all sound wonderful! I know the kids had a ball. Congrats on the new Grand expected. That has to be so exciting.

Purl, I’m sure you will enjoy your ceramics class. We had a potter, Sylvia, that threw her pots. She opened a co-op with other artists and got too busy to keep posting. We used to tease her about throwing that clay across the room.

Katla, I hope your headaches are all gone. We had some local flooding but luckily nothing in our house. I think the worst has pass us.

KateUK, I’ll bet it is a bit sad to get rid of the bunk beds. They all grow up too fast.

Nomadlady, welcome. Please tell us a bit about yourself and sign each post with the name you want to be called. A location is good too, general or specific. Come often.

Jane, so glad to hear that you are doing well and the surgery is over. Please do keep us informed. Sending healing thoughts your way. ((((Hugs))))

Linda, baby Rio is just a doll. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Joyce, 392924wzseyy3jfr.gif

Miriam, we had a girl named George that looked a lot like the picture, except ours did not have a beautiful body. She looked like she had had one too many litters.

Kay, it sounds like you have everything under control for the shower. Hope you can enjoy it.

Liz, that was not more info than needed. We care. I know it will be a difficult time for you but always feel like you can vent here and good luck!!!!

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I went to dinner Wednesday night with good friend who has been telling me about this new place for a year. It was a belated birthday dinner for me because I kept putting it off because of the calories. It was a very nice evening but even though I ate half and brought the rest home, I was definitely over in calories. It was also quite pricy so I probably won’t be back there. My thoughts are with all of you in the path of the storm. It will be out of here by noon on Saturday and then a beautiful weekend and Labor Day. Thank you to all of you for your well wishes for my friend.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC