Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Cheri- setting the alarm worked for me! I did it every hour too and I would get up and do a set of push-ups, squats, leg lifts and hula hoop. <3
    Mary from Minnesota

Whoop! I intend to start adding something extra too!

Cheri
    feeling slightly better as the morning goes on....
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I love the pictures of Bea. Thank you for sharing. :heart:

NYKaren: I like a little bit of travel, but don't have wanderlust & don't get very many opportunities because DH hates travel. I've been to Canada, Mexico, & several states including Hawaii. We have not been "across the pond." There are still loads of states & Canadian provinces I haven't visited. In New York City, I met travelers from all over the world but very few real New Yorkers. I hope you'll learn to enjoy trips with your DH. Heather gives us a glimpse of travel regularly. Maybe she'll offer tips to help ease your reluctance to go abroad. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: Congrats on getting another paper out. :star:

Alison: You had quite a day yesterday. My heart aches for the patient whose medicines are debilitating him. You did the right things to keep him safe. Leonora is correct that an diabetic insulin reaction can mimic drunkenness. DH has been diabetic since before we met and there have been several occasions over the years that he had an insulin reaction that looked like drunkenness. Thank goodness none of them have happened recently. :flowerforyou:

Cheri: I like the idea of an exercise alarm. Thanks for sharing. :star::bigsmile:

I had a wonderful time reading the paper this morning. Our little town is the site of the filming of the original Halloween Town Disney movie. Last year we had an unbelievable number of people show up for our annual pumpkin lighting. This year a first annual parade has been scheduled for Saturday, October 1. The parade has a number of groups from outside town who've said they're coming, including Storm Troopers, a Headless Horseman, Star Wars Oregon, and floats. The one I'd like to see most is a Portland man called the Unipiper. He dresses like Gandalf and plays his bagpipes while riding a unicycle. I hope he is actually able to make it. The day will end with a Pumpkin Lighting in the park. Yes, indeed, the pumpkin is the original from the Disney Halloween Town movie set. I enjoy living in a quirky little town. I hope it turns out to be a good weather day & everyone has fun.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Heather posted a quote similar to this that I wanted to use, but I couldn't recall it quite right. I went online and found this one.

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    So my DH and his family have always loved travel. I have been across the country (west coast) and to England as well as some of the west indies. I've fantasized about travelling to Hawaii and some day we will go there.

Believe it or not DH wants to travel to Casablanca/Marakech(!) so this will be a challenge for me, I am putting my faith in him (he is awesome at this) and I am embracing the unknown! It isn't until February and I really don't have to worry about it yet, cause nothing is scheduled or paid for so it is a little pie in the sky, But I know that I will be supported by you all, you've never let me down, your encouragement when I have to face challenges is LEGENDARY!

I am posting at work (during lunch) as a reward for being so focussed today and not touching my laptop between classes. I am really trying new focussing habits at work, but this is my "treat" for being so good this morning. Now I have to sign off and be good some more!
    NYKAREN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi all!

We went out shopping for my birthday (October) because I had a 20% off voucher. DH bought me a nice pair of ankle boots and a new handbag (purse). I'm very happy with them. :D He will have small surprises for me on the day, I know. <3
    Then he said he wanted to look for a slightly smarter jacket and I found him a gorgeous one with a lining and hood that zips off. He is delighted with it.

Then we went food shopping and I took the opportunity to buy supplies for Bea's christening cake. It will be two tiers of rich chocolate fudge cake, sandwiched with butter icing and iced with fondant. I will make an icing model of Bea and her comforter, her monkey, plus add some bees and flowers. I will have to decide on a colour theme and make sure I have ribbon etc. I have a marvellous book which gives you all the quantities for each size of tin and very detailed instructions for the icing etc. I learnt how to make the figures from Utube.
    I may make the 9" bottom tier tomorrow.

My spiralizer arrived so I have done a carrot and a broccoli stem to have in our stir fry tonight. It doesn't make many long beautiful spirals, but it'll be quite useful, I think. Very, very cheap.
    I am cooking salmon in mirin (Japanese) to have with the many varieties of veg, garlic and fresh ginger. Oyster sauce on the veg. Egg noodles for DH. YUMMO!

Love to all, Heather UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    PS - NY KAREN - I love to be in foreign countries, but I am the most nervous traveller and I HATE packing. Every time I have to tell myself, I will love it when I get there. It is definitely worth the pre travel angst. If you come to England we could meet up. :D

Heather UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Oooooohhhh, my dinner was orgasmic. DH thought so too. :laugh:

NY KAREN - I have been to Morocco twice and DH three times. It is a very civilised country with very varied countryside. It won't be warm at night in February, so take something warm. Marakesh is fabulous, but it's worth a trip into the Atlas mountains if you can manage it. We also went to the Sahara Desert.

Heather UK
  • Purl62
    Purl62 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I was absolutely wearing my helmet! I am a stickler when it comes to helmets on wheels. When we went on the group tour/ ride in Hawaii we were the only ones in the group wearing helmets. My helmet didn't hit the ground, but it looks like my tire hit it as the bike rolled over me- have a little skid mark but no other scratches.

Regarding teachers- my 23 yr old is doing her student teaching right now, in 3rd grade. She's in a masters/certification program where she'll student teach all year while taking night classes and finish with her masters. She loves it. Granted, I know some teachers who are unhappy, but I know many more who are passionate and love their jobs. My 17 yr old is a senior in HS and has the best teachers- most are relatively new to the profession. I hope they continue to love it.
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Celebrating some success today. 8 meals in a row that I've made! Woo hoo...of course it helps that I'm on holidays and have a little more time than when I'm working ;)

Carey - Northern Alberta
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Purl- whew! Just checking
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Today would have been my oldest sisters bday
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    thinking of you Pip~ I know it is tough loosing a sibling.. But know you are loved and hugged by all your sister's here!!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Heather- Beautiful cake! What an honor it would be to have you make the cake for her! I hope that your DS and DDnL would be thrilled to have you do it!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Today would have been my oldest sisters bday

(((Hugs))) It's nice that you still celebrate her life. She would be so proud of you and Kirby. Your compassion for others is evident in how you live your life.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday. Another cool and damp day. I would rather have that then the high hot days. I am working 7-3:30 today. My back is still really sore so not moving very well.
    I also love to read. I have just joined a book discuss deal with some women from my CMA group. It is For the Love-Fighting for Grace in a world of Impossible standards by Jen Hatmaker. We are just starting so see how this goes. This is a first for me as I love to read just for pleasure.
    Penny--glad to hear the jobs are coming in.
    My sister just called and mom signed a contract on the house. If all goes well 30 days and it will be done. So praying all goes well. It's only $5000 less then the apraisal. Such a relief.
    Janetr--Beautiful view. Hope you are feeling better and getting to enjoy this journey.
    Time to sign off for the day. Take care ladies.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • pipcd34
    Options
    I'm really sorry, I really shouldn't have shared that pic of her during her final days. That want appropriate, I apologize
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ (((Hugs)))