Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    3 miles

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Heather Oh goody, now I am REALLY looking forward to reading your book! My sensibilities need a taser from time to time.

Janetr OK, so I wonder if it's really a fungus...I am glad you are planning to see another doctor. (((hugs to you, rash and all)))

Pip You are my hero in so many ways. I would never have had the chutzpah to confront that other driver. I was within inches of being hit broadside by a driver who went through a red light. I was fully into an intersection with 6 lanes, turning left, when a driver blew through the red light and almost T-boned my car on the driver's side. I saw him coming and gunned it through just in time. I was pretty pi$$ed but I didn't want to be the victim of road rage just after I used up one of my nine lives, if you know what I mean. I bet your lady in the other car will be more careful from now on!

Joyce Your Buddy sounds like an excellent dog...

Vicki Grand Island Nice pic! Yeah, I am such a sap for those tear-jerking ads...

Penny I love your sense of adventure. I love storms. My Yorkie mix Farley does not. Wind, thunder, lightning all send him into paroxysms of uncontrollable shaking. Thus he has a thunder jacket which, along with my cooing in his ear, usually makes it bearable. The other dogs do fine.

Margaret Yum to the orange slices. I have done lemon and lime but not orange! Would be less tart and sounds yummy.

DJ We have an electric dog fence. Thus the collars. From left to right, Bailey the Coton, then the baby Molly the Yorkie with the bumper, then her older sister (same parents) Mabel, and on the right is our old Yorkie mix Farley, who is almost 15. He has a belly band on because he dribbles from time to time.uaami4l4lutj.jpg
    oqflwnhait5r.jpg

Becca Gorgeous candy apple red Aga. 2 thumbs up!

<3

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Ketone- I definitely could have taken her if she would have gotten out of her car! She knew she messed up
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Reading when I can - I miss being in the fold everyday…but there is too much going on to be able to do that.

A few random notes….
    Kate 7lbs from goal is amazing, but be patient you’ve done all the big changes these are the little tweaks

Pip – wow you and Kirby’s hair was the same length…. Great before pictures, and a wonderful after…

On bright appliances, I took my nephew when he was about 7 to Lowes (out here that is a home improvement store) they had a building program for kids, so we went, and after he wanted to look around, he found a kitchen sink in fire engine red, and LOVED it, so he asked the sales guy how long he would have to save his $1.50 allowance to buy it for his grandma… Luckily that passed as his grandma loves white… His Grandma is my mom – white appliances, white carpet, white drapes, white towels, white sheets, white sox, white under clothing, about ½ of her shirts are white…. I have almost NO white in my house… LOL

Work is crazy and next week will be really busy, as will the week after… I’ll come up for air sometime… so I got on the scale this morning and I have been at 170 /170.5/171/170 for weeks!!!!!! This morning it was 169!!! We’ll see if it holds or drops again… I really want it to go down. But today I thought I was going for coffee and instead went out for lunch with a super “healthy” eating friend, she picked the place and I made what looked like good choices, got home and logged a crazy high calorie lunch. GRRR and not much quantity, so will be over today as there is not enough left for dinner and I am starving marvin….

September Goals:
    2 fun things a week, Lizard saving, gardening in my own yard, Lunch with Kyle, lunch with a friend,
    Read and report on a book
    Log everyday to the best I can, over if need be.
    11,000 + steps everyday
    Work on water consumption -

Smiles.

Kim from N. California
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    KetoneKaren wrote "Janetr OK, so I wonder if it's really a fungus...I am glad you are planning to see another doctor. (((hugs to you, rash and all)))"

Jack went and looked up what you said it looked like. He tends to agree. I'm totally thinking this is not any type of fungus. I'll go the doctor tomorrow and see that they run tests and get to the bottom.of it. I'm almost totally covered again, not like the pics yet, but it might be by morning. Thanks for the hugs, I needed that. :)

Janetr okc

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Ketone Karen: I live in a waterfront townhouse and have no place for a horse. I am hoping for a partial lease that will allow me to ride a couple of days a week in addition to my lessons. The lessons are wonderful but since I never get to practice what I've learned until the next lesson, my progress is very slow. Like you, I don't think that owning a horse is a good idea at this time in my life. I am having a great time with things as they are but a little more riding time would be better. :flowerforyou:

Janetr: It sounds like the medicine you were given is getting the job done. Yay!!!!! :bigsmile:

Pip: I'm glad neither you nor your dogs were hurt. The other driver was a menace on the road and your comments to her have the chance to make a difference in her future driving and the safety of other people IF she pays attention to them. I hope she straightens up for more than 5 minutes. (((HUGS)))

Penny: I'm delighted that your friends are there. Enjoy the wine and singing. :smiley: I made two loaves of your sourdough bread, goofed up one and did the next one better. I'd send you some to share with your friends but it is all gone. :bigsmile: My weight is also up just a snick. :devil:

DJ: My husband brought up moving because he now gets motion sick looking out the windows at the river in front of our house. :sad: Tomorrow we each have appointments with our regular doctor to talk over issues. Perhaps we will get some strategies to cope with things & ideas about what to do next. :ohwell:

We had a great trip to the Chinese Garden in Portland today. We haven't been in months because they had to do some major renovations. The work turned out great. Today we saw Lion Dancers, enjoyed the garden, and I bought a little stuffed monkey for the baby that is on the way. I chose the monkey because this is the year of the monkey. DGD was born in the year of the rabbit, and DGS was born in the year of the horse.

I've had chats with DD this afternoon and she is uncomfortable and grumpy because of blood pressure problems with her pregnancy. She had a high reading and then took it again at another place and the reading was at a much better level. We're working out when I should go there & October 18 seems like a likely day for me to fly out for a planned 2-3 week stay. DH will not even consider going. Our daughter's lifestyle drives him crazy. I worry that he is hurting her feelings, but I can't solve that problem. They will have to work it out eventually. I also worry about leaving him here alone.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My neighbors abruptly moved back from Austin TX a few days ago. Tonight they brought over a nice home made loaf of zucchini bread. Good thing it was one of those mini loaves, it was divine!! I did stop at one thin slice so I stayed within my calories for the day. So glad they are back.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls!

DH is off this weekend so it hs been busy... Yesterday took a good walk and headed out to a retirement pig roast. Today 30 minutes rowing then 45 minute walk before football and errands... Did not go over on cals! Happy I actually made exercise first. Started to rain.... If it's raining tomorrow might need a contingency to my walk. ( have not a clue what that might be) I can barely manage 30 on the rower and I am not scorching that!

On the appliances, I have to have the apple green stove. I love the color and the vintage vibe. The red is a tough second. I have always loved red and will inherit the family old English scenic dishes which have been in the family for four generations.

Love the domestic pursuits! Cake baking and strawberry drying... I love to cook but dinner very couple of weeks is about it. Maybe it would be different if DH was home more often? But that is our life.

Janet- I am also concerned about the rash. I too am wondering about the RV... Hidden mold or something. Oklahoma put a hurting on me yesterday. OSU beat Pitt but O lost to Ohio St. Ouch!

Heather- I down loaded 'Windows'. The others didn't look available to kindle but sounded good and has a 5star rating! Looking forward to it!

Pip- Glad you are okay! You might even be feistier than I!

Froggy- Age is just a number. I was young at forty, old at fifty an fighting back now and feeling younger every day. I think DH is happily amused. ( note: the 'D' in Dear husband can be a bit tongue in cheek depending on the event....lol...)!

This is a bit piece... I was skimming all weekend to keep up. DH works next 3 nights in a row so I can follow more closel.

DJ- I did get the bit about the foot ball butts! Another nice aspect of the game!

Pushing bed time for

Tracey in PA-
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    G'night, all! t2232.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    xap1s8bj5ukp.jpeg
    Kirby right around when he threw my surprise bday party. He's about 40-41. Now u can understand y thought he was way out of my league
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Joyce – We have always thought that ‘the’ present dog was the ‘smartest’ one. Cracker would talk if she could, she is very, very vocal as it is. We laugh at her all the time. We had a ‘chocolate lab’; we named her “Her-She” … sweet dog; but, ‘dumb as a rock’. The more intelligent ones are the black ones, followed by the white ones, and then the chocolate ones. We did breed her and she had 9 puppies - no chocolates. Thankfully we were able to find homes for all 9 of them (before it was going to cost us a lot of money for shots). I am sure your Sheltie was a beauty! Speaking of Buddy; I saw a pillow in a catalog that I got today; it read: “THIS IS MY COUCH GO SIT OVER THERE (paw print) THE DOG.” Luna will jump in DOGD’s car whenever she is packing up to go back to college and just sit - sometimes in the driver's seat and sometimes in the passenger seat; whichever is left open. She loves her far more than anybody else in the house, even her Daddy, and it is 'his' dog. She tells him that she acts stubborn because he does not spend any time with her. She and boyfriend are getting a chocolate lab puppy. They will pick it up next weekend. I'm not sure which one of them will be paying vet bills; but, hope it works out for them.

Pip – Glad you were able to avoid the wreck, too. I’d probably be so upset that I would not ‘think’ of driving them down. People get so involved in doing other things, texting or talking on the phone, eating, looking at the front (or back seat) passengers, looking up in the rearview mirror to look at what their children are doing … or just not paying any attention. A lot of times stop signs are high up and blocked by trees or shrubbery or they might have not been knowledgeable about the area. If I am not familiar with the area, I am going to go slower. There is a place on Hwy #82 in town, in Albany; and, I pass the Methodist Church and I think I must be in a 'zone' because when I get to the Intersection with 3rd avenue, I swear I don't remember that portion of the drive. I've heard other people say the same; so it doesn't concern me insofar as possibly having a 'seizure'. It is just a part of the road, that has transitioned from houses to businesses in those houses. Most of the parking comes off the alley in the back, so you don't have to worry about anybody pulling out in front of you.

Barbiecat – Thank you! I’ll try that!

Karen in Virginia – Cute household of little ‘doggie-dets’.

Kim – With 2 boys in the ‘red clay’ of Georgia – I’ve ‘never’ had anything ‘white’. My DDnL#2 has white carpet in the house, before she and DYS married. I don’t know how she keeps it white; maybe she hoses him off at the door. One day, my DH dressed them up because we were going ‘out to eat’ when I got home from work. Had to get boss to bring me home, because I think my car was in the shop. When we got home, he came around to open my door; and the two boys came running around the side of the house, covered from head-to-toe in mud. Boss had on a seer-sucker suit and told them ‘don’t get him dirty’! They called him “Dirt” from that moment on. He married our DOS and DDnL#1, being a Judge, he had that power. He married them, and left in 15 minutes flat. LOL!

Janetr okc – I sure hope your MD can figure out what it is, and not have any trouble getting it cleared up. You have not been swimming in a river or a pond or anything like that, or wading through dirty water? Been to the beach and waded if you have a cut on you? Ask if it could be that ‘flesh eating’ disease - Necrotizing fasciitis disease. It is highly unlikely since you have had it this long and it keeps coming back after periods of being clear; but, I had a friend who had it and she started off looking like she had big bruises on her. Not trying to scare you … but, the sooner it is caught the better it will be. Just ask about all possibilities. Fungus, virus, bacteria.

Tracy in PA - Age and clothes size are just numbers ... I don't mind if the first one 'goes up'; but, when I jump on the MD's scales every 2 weeks; I am praying that the second one 'goes down'. I'm always happen to lose about 12lbs; because that means I am near to going into the next size down. I had my 16's and 18's taken in; but, tailor said that he would not be able to do it again, as it would make a huge difference in the pocket placements. He could do the ones that did not have back pockets; but, I just put them at the consignment shop. I always wonder what they actually get for them and 'if' I get paid for the ones they sell. I took in about 30 pieces of clothing and I think all I ended up with was roughly $10. Next time I will take them to one in the county above them. It is run by a woman that my DOS knew.

I sort of stayed within my CI this last 2 weeks; but, ate a little over several days; and, I can't feel what I want to feel; but, just about every time I tell her that I don't think I did that great, I find that I have lost. Last time, I 'knew' I had gained; but, we had also been out in Louisiana and eaten like every meal was our last one! We had the 'other' have of our Mexican dinner from Friday night. DDnL#1 is going to the Police Academy in Forsyth, GA for some training with her job; and, we have given her $$$ to stop by the BBQ place near there to bring home some BBQ and sauce for sandwiches. I sure miss being able to go there; but, have no reason to go 'back home' since I no longer have family members there and the house I grew up in has now been torn down. I hate riding by there and not seeing it. The church expanding over the entire city block. So many memories growing up there. Lived there from the age of 4 until I graduated from HS at 18. Saw it go through a lot of changes. From an old Colonial house (about 4500 square feet) to a Williamsburg style home when I was a Junior in HS. Unfortunately, they trimmed up the Magnolia beside it. In HS, the limbs went all the way to the ground and were close together like a ladder; and, one limb came over the edge of the porch. Only one of us was 'too chicken' to shimmy over that limb (over a concrete patio) and then climb down. She was afraid of heights. Now she lives in a 9th story condo with a balcony; but, she isn't really one to lean over the railing looking out. She has a beautiful view of the Intercostal Waterway.

Hi to all the 'newbies' I have missed. Got to figure out how many days I went over my CI and see if I can make up some with some CO. We've had so much rain (usually in the evenings) that I really can't walk. Pool is beginning to get and stay too cool for me to want to get in it, even 'if' the sun is out; which it hasn't been for the past few days. The rain hasn't help either.

Lenora
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a hot body yoga DVD. the plan for tomorrow is to do another segment of 10MS Tone Trouble Zones DVD, hold my plank, and then take the extremepump class.

pip - turning 50 didn't really bother me, neither did turning 60. To me, it was just another day in the year. Vince says that turning 30 really bothered him, but not me.

Sue WA - how I hate getting a cramp in the pool. Well, actually, I hate getting a cramp any time :)

katla - I've never been to the Wall in Washington How are the names listed? Alphabetically?

Made these baked chocolate donuts. I followed the directions exactly but I think I needed to bake them longer, just wasn't sure how long. So I made another batch, this time baked them 20 minutes (too long), then 15 (could be less), then 10. Those came out pretty good, could even bake for 9 minutes. Cut the grass. The people across from us were having some people from their church. See, previously they had some sort of bible study and I said "no problem" with them parking on the grass by the power lines. Well, today we were cutting the grass. someone parked there. Had we known, we could have cut the grass yesterday. Called the neighbor to see if maybe they have a church thing regularly, he said they don't, he'd just gotten ordained but thanked me for calling him. I really did feel badly, wish we'd known. Vince didn't feel bad, but I did.

Karen in VA - I'm sure your wonderful taking care of your partner contributed to her getting better fast. Love the dogs

Lisa - I have a Mazda 3 and like it.

janetr - (((hugs))))

scgirlin - jump right on in!

adayforcharge - welcome! You're right, this IS an amazing group of wonderful ladies

Lenora - twice the toilet above our condo in FL leaked and ruined the ceiling. One time the ceiling came down totally. Do you know that according to FL law, the condo assoc is responsible to repair the ceiling but the people in the condo above us are NOT responsible to replace the cabinets in the bathroom -- we are?? Where's the incentive to repair whatever is the problem? They're not responsible, so who cares if the people below you incur a substantial cost? Nov. 15 is the day, huh? I thought it was early in Dec. It'll be here before you know it!

pip - thank goodness for your quick reactions

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Where did the weekend go? Well, I have planned out my entire week's menu and exercise plan and I have prepped all my food for tomorrow. This is going to be a good week!

Linda/IA
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    MMMMM, zucchini bread! Love, love, love it!

Katla, high B/P and pregnancy do not work well together. Hope she is well.

I love to talk about Buddy. Many years ago we took one of our longer vacations. We had just bought a cargo van. I was pretty pushy on it. Anyway we took it to a van conversion place and wa-la, we had a really nice conversion van with captions chairs in front and middle and a pull into full bed seat in the back. Still rode like a cargo van but I was proud of it. We took it up to Canada and spent about a week in the Georgian Bay area. Seemed like God's country. We found it just by looking on the map and thinking it looked like a nice place. We promised the girls we would get a puppy when we got back. So we kept on searching the classified adds and found him. He wasn't from one of those breeder farms but from a home that had pure bred dogs and was selling the litter. They had put the add in the paper and sold all but the runt. By this time, the kids had fallen in love with him. he was the only one of the litter that they allowed in the house and he loved it. They decided to put in another add and if he didn't sell then they would let the kids keep him. So we felt like we were getting this really cute puppy but yet taking him away from kids who loved him. He lived to be a ripe old age of about 14. Once Michelle grew up and moved out, we could no longer bath him since he would only get in the bath tub for her. So we took him to petsmart for their grooming services. It was them who discovered the tumors on his belly. He just got weaker and weaker and we knew we needed to put him down. Michelle came home for that. I fixed a laundry basket with a blanket so he could be very comfortable going to the vet, Michelle sitting beside him and petting him. But when we arrived at the vet, he jumped out of that basket, marked his usual spot in the bushes, walked in the office, marked his usual spot at the receptionist desk and sat down. We walked back to the doctor's room and let us pick him up and put him on the table. I think the three of us all had a paw as the doctor explained what would happen. His eyes did not look sad, but I think he knew we were taking care of his pain. It was such a quick process and then they let us stay as long as we wanted to. He was sure a good dog, Bernard Budinsky Kimmel. Good ol' buddy.

As I was writing thins, Charlie had a major disaster with his bag and Michelle called so I just called her back. She has 3 rescue dogs, two of them came with no baggage, one did. Trevor was abused by humans and other animals. the people who owned him left him in the woods and a wolf got to him and slung him around several times trying to get him down to finish him. His humans weren't much better. So it took her a long time and a lot of compassion to get him to trust human and animal. So he is now slowing down and i mean real slow. He is in major pain and his Toradol is helping some. She took her other two dogs to the dog park yesterday and did not take him. She had a meeting there today and he would be the only dog there and she took him and he slowly walked around the park, marked places he needed to mark, smelled where others had marked and enjoyed the air then came back and laid at her feet all content. She knows if this Toradol does not help his pain she will need to have him put down. I told her to make sure I go with her. I don't like dogs, I don't like their paws, nails, licking, etc. But I do love her dogs for what they mean to her. She wouldn't be Michelle if she didn't have her dogs to train, love on, rescue, etc. They are as much her children as she is my daughter.

OK, I am tired and it has been a busy day. Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: Thank you for your concern. I worry about my daughter, too. We nearly lost her when DGD was born, but the birth of DGS was well supported and didn't end up with any health worries. This pregnancy seems to have brought on blood pressure concerns again. She did take it a second time at another location and the levels were acceptable. She is simply using the BP machines that some pharmacies have, which may or may not provide good information. I don't think they are reliable.