Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, all... happy Monday. Here's to a grand week with fewer trials and tribulations and many more triumphs.
    Lisa in West Texas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,704 Member
    Options
    I am here, I am awake(barely) and having a cup of tea.. I didn't get home until almost 6:30 last night from shopping, I was in a fog trying to shop, didn't make some great choices, as we just dont have the freezer room.
    I slep ok, but not great, Chester's bladder stones I think are back so he is in pain and makes noises and keeps us awake, poor thing, will call and make an appt for an xray.
    Zina is off tomorrow for a funeral for a dear friend of hers , she was a pediatric dentist,whom we reffered kids to..
    had luekemia..when I have time I will go back and read the pages I missed..
    Faith is back with Jean and they have a caregiver coming in from 8-noon, well Jean leaves early... so I have to go up at 7:45 and meet up with aide to show her the ropes..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    rdwr9fy8lh1e.jpg A picture of Jake and Barbie in line at a potluck in the chubby old days.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Monday! Christmas Challenge stats for Re, whom I miss so dearly, hope you are well!! <3
    STARTING WEIGHT: 209
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 223
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (THIS WEEK) :0
    TOTAL LBS LOST OR GAINED (ALL WEEKS): +14
    GOAL WEIGHT:180
    ULTIMATE GOAL WT.: 140
    TOTAL LBS AWAY FROM GOAL: 43
    No change in weight this week. But no change is better than heading back up the scale! Yea me! I expect it to go down this week as I have signed up for the local Step It Up Challenge organized by the Ottawa Co. Parks Dept and the O.C. Public Health. Starting today I have to track my steps/minutes walked each week. The goal is to walk 225 miles (which is the distance of the new North Country Trail) in the next seven weeks! I figure that is about 4 1/2 miles a day. I can do this.
    Pip- Sounds like a narrow squeak! Glad you are okay, and glad the other driver is okay and you didn't have to pummel her! LOL! At least she acknowledged her fault and apologized.
    Made a pot roast yesterday and it turned out nicely. I guess they always do, right? I think it just tasted so good, because I only make it when the weather gets cooler. So it has been a while. I have been enjoying the cool mornings. Lately it has been in the 50's in the morning here, warming up to the low 70's during the day. WE have one day this week where it is supposed to hit 80. No thanks. Summer can go away now.
  • Fit4sure
    Fit4sure Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Rebecca...52...looking for support. Lost a BUNCH of weight 10 years ago and have maintained it beautifully until I got a job with a long commute AND busted my knees in a weight loss accident. So until a surgery happens, I'm not active except walking a small amount with my job. :(

As I'm menopausal, I realize that NOW weight maintenance may be harder. As my job requires me to hold my weight to a certain level, I'm struggling. Thought I'd pop in and say howdy and (sigh) not feel so alone right now. Just of late I did a stupid thing (I GUESS it's stupid?) and lowered my calorie intake to 930-950 calories JUST to get my weight down for my employee weigh in and then my back went out and I had a sudden rise. So am basically feeling like a failure. Not generally this accident prone...the weight lifting accident happened when I was TEACHING a cardio kickboxing class and demonstrating the move without a mat. Used to doing 1 to 2 hour a day workouts down to 2 hours or more on the road a day and a job that is not active...kind of messing with my head HOW to get this 8 lbs. down but have been trying for MONTHS! How do you all do this?

I should qualify that I'm not new to weight loss. Lost 120 lbs. to get to goal 10 years ago. On here to drop 8 to put me employee compliant and return me to my happy place which is about 12 lbs. higher than my lowest (was younger back then...)

I'm not hungry. But I feel like I could get slapped around for the 900-ish calories a day and wonder if I'm missing something. Any advice, encouragement , wisdom...appreciated. Please feel free to "friend" me. I could use a few.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Barbie ~ You looked very pretty in your pre-weight loss picture as did Pip in hers. I know being very thin is much healthier than being overweight, but, I think a little fullness in the face is nice.

Joyce ~ Your story about Buddy's last day made me cry as I remember having to put down our beloved dog of 14 yrs. I sat on the floor with him in the vet's office and held him as they gave him the lethal shot. We still have his ashes.

Kim ~ Your weight is coming down nicely. I am 5' 1" and weigh 168 (I hope no more) and just fighting not to gain any more.

Penny ~ How did you make your signature blue? Would love your windy experience and hope you have fun singing with your friends.

Carol

• pipcd34
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello from windy Oklahoma. Just found this group and hope to be encouraged as well as encourage others in this journey. I have recently entered the land of doom known and pre-menapause and I am not liking it at all. Ten years ago I set out to get myself in shape and managed to lose 60 lbs and felt great. I was active and ran nearly every day. About six years ago I had a change in jobs which meant I was working longer hours and sitting on my rear for most of them. It was hard to maintain my workout schedule and it eventually dried up. With changes in other habits and my healthy eating I have managed to put on 53 lbs over the past six years. It wasn't fast but a gradual sneaky increase that I didn't fight hard enough to keep at bay. I am trying to re-group and remember what changes I made back then so I can start back in the right direction and get myself back to my goal weight before my next birthday in 8 months. Hope to make a friend or two on here. Have a great day!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Morning peeps and welcome new peeps
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • meuy43
    meuy43 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Hello from windy Oklahoma. Just found this group and hope to be encouraged as well as encourage others in this journey. I have recently entered the land of doom known and pre-menapause and I am not liking it at all. Ten years ago I set out to get myself in shape and managed to lose 60 lbs and felt great. I was active and ran nearly every day. About six years ago I had a change in jobs which meant I was working longer hours and sitting on my rear for most of them. It was hard to maintain my workout schedule and it eventually dried up. With changes in other habits and my healthy eating I have managed to put on 53 lbs over the past six years. It wasn't fast but a gradual sneaky increase that I didn't fight hard enough to keep at bay. I am trying to re-group and remember what changes I made back then so I can start back in the right direction and get myself back to my goal weight before my next birthday in 8 months. Hope to make a friend or two on here. Have a great day!!

I have done this so often, let the weight creep back and pretend I could get rid of a few pounds but didn't. I am now 71 and retired on Hypertension meds and osteoarthritis in knees. I am now 7 lbs off goal and workout every day I think what helps me is to remember I can lose lbs without exercise but also lose bone mass and muscle.

You'll find plenty of advice and support from the ladies on this group and also laughs, geography lessons and recipes Good luck

Kate UK <3

• pipcd34
    Options
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I am working the long shift 6-5:30 today tomorrow. Got hot again so closed up the house and turned the air on. Did get in a good walk with the puppies last evening and plans to do it again after work. I was under calories yesterday and that has not happened in a long time. One Day at a Time.
    Just read my post from yesterday and see mistakes, sorry about that. Wish I could blame auto correct, but don't think so. I am a terrible speller, and when in a hurry I am all thumbs.
    Karen--Sorry about DD. I know it is hard to not want to make things right for our children and keep them from disappointment. But it is part of life and I am still working on that with our children.
    I love the purple stove. I showed that one and the green one to DH and he liked the purple better. Ideas for when we redo the kitchen. We bought stainless steele about 10 years ago and I hate them. They are so hard to keep clean as fingerprints drive me crazy.
    Cheri--I did find it this morning and accepted. Thanks,
    Janetr--I hope you get some answers at the doctor today.
    Maryann--Great news about Toby.
    Katla--I know you will make the right choice about the horse. Be waiting to hear what the doctor has to report.
    Day 2 and I am keeping up and eating under control. Now just have to make myself walk this evening after work.
    Enjoy the day and all the Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE