WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2016

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    on our way to starbucks after the gym workout, almost hit a car full on! person blew threw the stop sign, not even slowing down. my reactions were quick enough and i was able to slam on the breaks. the person in the passenger seat would have had full impact. i skidded... the person kept on going, i backed up and chased her *kitten* and met her at the next stop sign, we met and i yelled, what the hell where you thinking!!! be careful!, she said, i'm sorry... i told her i have 3 dogs in the back, i hope they are not hurt. we both reiterated, be careful and slow down! that got my heart pumping
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Allie, sometimes it is best to take a longer more scenic route. My parents would much rather take that kind of trip when they were alive.

Lenora, our favorite pet, Buddy was very particular where he would sit. If he had a chance or even a small chance that he would make a big chance out of it, he would escape and take a run of it and go to his 'girlfriends' house. Chocolate was a chocolate lab. Have no ideas why they named a female dog Chocolate but it was more than likely a child that named her. So when we noticed he was gone, we would get in the car and Chocolate's house was the first place we would go. We would call his name and after a bit Buddy would come out. He showed his dominance over us and took his sweet time and come out to the car. But we also knew he would not get in the car unless the driver would get out and he wold so proudly sit in the drivers seat with his front paws on the steering wheel. When he was done then he would move over to the passenger seat. Oh I am sure we could have trained him to get in the back seat but I think we enjoyed it as much as he did. Sure do miss that guy. He was a Sheltie and had marking just like Lassie the famous TV collie. He was very trainable and people would ask why we never entered him in any show. We liked him just as he was, a family pet. We had a request from the vet to stud him out but I filled out the AKC papers wrong. They sent them back to me with instructions on how to fix it but I am very well known for my procrastination and never did it. So he was no good for stud. But he served his purpose as a wonderful pet.

JanetR, sorry you have some trouble again. But the trip is beautiful.

Joyce, Indiana
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options

Cheri c0101.gif

Karen in Virginia

B)

Cheri in TX
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ Glad you were able to avoid an accident!

Joyce ~ Enjoyed the story about Buddy. He must have been a wonderful pet.

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! I am working today and just did the new schedule. See how that goes over, a couple weeks ago I gave everyone a blank schedule and asked for their ideas. So far only one person returned it to me and she had done only the hours she wants to work and I said no you have to do the whole group. Never heard anymore.
    Barbie--Thanks for sharing the picture of you knitting and riding the bike. I would more then likely fall off. You looked so relaxed.
    Margaret--Beautiful plants. Thanks for sharing.
    Karen--That ad with the baby and dog makes me cry also. Hope your partner is dong better.
    Cheri--I saw your message and sent the information. Looking forward to share our journey on fitbit.
    Janetr--Sorry to hear about your rebreakout. Sure hope they can get it taken care of once and for all.
    Well I am caught up and time to finish getting some things done before time to go home. Guess DH made plans for us to go with another couple out for supper. I would rather just go home, but have to work on not becoming hombound again. Have a great rest of the weekend.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Pip glad you are okay!

Added orange slices to my water today. The hotel we stayed that and I really enjoyed it. Yum!

:heart: Margaret
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Back from a long visit with MIL where we discussed our travels next year. I asked her to join us one our trip in February to Morocco and she quickly said yes!! She is 74 years young and a wonderful traveler, my DH was a little taken aback but secretly thrilled that I asked her. I think it will make the trip even more special.
    I feel like I have my next long term reason/goal for staying fit --I want to feel healthy and strong and confident on this trip!!
    DD just called and had her first big disappointment at school, didn't make the model U.N. and her roommate did!! I was sympathetic, yeah it's ok to feel disappointed, but you've gotta find out what you need to do to make it for the next round. She was feeling pretty sad, growing up is hard :(
    NYKAREN
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Heather, I’m somewhat surprised that your difficult friend is just now reading your book. But thanks for the reminder because I may take it out and read it again. Enjoy your time in Brighton.

KarenVA, so glad to hear your patient is doing well. It’s always so nice to have less pain than expected. That picture of those stuffed animals in the chair is soooo cute!! LOL Do tell me about those collars. They are interesting. That is so cleaver to have the bumper for Molly. That is what I need for Pepper, because the little stinker can go through the fence in the back yard. We put plastic wire mesh on one side of the yard where the next door shih tzu kept inviting him to come visit. (later) Wow at the colored appliances. I mean, Wow.
    Janetr, so sorry to hear about the new breakouts!!! What in the world can be causing that??? Please get better soon. (((Hugs))) itchy-rashes.gif

Katla, what brought on the idea your DH had about moving?

SCGirl, welcome. This is a great place for support and information and an occasional laugh. Please tell us about yourself to help us get to know you. It’s also helpful if you will sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Adayforchange, welcome to you as well. The post above goes for you, too. :)  Come often.

Pip, glad you didn’t have a wreck. It’s a jungle out there!

Allie, I can’t believe you come home tired from a trip and have to cook for Tom then go grocery shopping. All I can say is, you are a better woman than I am!!!

VickiNE, I did the same thing years ago when I was doing the schedule and it never suited anyone. LOL

NYKaren, that’s nice to include your DMIL on your trip. We took mine on a few vacations and always loved having her. Sad for your DD but disappointment is part of life even though we’d like our kids to never have any.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I just got back from the gym a little while ago. I wasn’t very high energy but made it through my workout. When I went to the desk to sign up for the hydro massage, the guy at the desk said, “How are you?”. I replied, “Good but lazy and tired.” He immediately said “well at least you are here”. That totally brightened my day. I’ve definitely had better workouts but like he said, at least I went. Yeah, Me! hand-clap-smiley-emoticon.gif Time to go start dinner.
    Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! rainbow-smiley-emoticon.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Like this red one please...
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hellooo my ladies!!

So yesterday we had our Fall Rally at the Liberty Theater in Astoria...beautiful place, and felt really privileged to be there! We clapped for this and that, and had a grand time.
    Today I am oven-drying halved strawberries. They look good so far. I rec'd a big bag of spinach about the size of a pillow, and so I am making the strawberries for many spinach salads! My kitchen smells sweet now.

Nothing else new in my part of the world. Just getting in our routine of living. ((((hugs to all of you)))) keep doing what you do best....just being YOU!
    Becca
    Master fruit whisperer in
    Oregon
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:
    jog- 49.22min, 176mhr, 136ahr, 9.52ap, 5.7-8.0sp, 5mi = 470c
    other- 15min, 133ap, 163mhr, laps, leg ever. scissors = 149c
    total cal 619
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options

Someday I am going to post pictures of her on this site; but, will have to learn how to do it. Anybody out there can tell me how to do it?

Lenora

:)Lenora, posting pictures here is simple if you already have a library of pictures saved on your computer...and if you are posting from a computer, not your phone....look at the icons at the top and there is one that looks like a piece of paper with the right top corner folded over....click on the down arrow next to it and it will say "choose files", click on that and then browse through the folders on your computer until you find the picture you want, click on the picture, then click on "open" on the bottom of the box and you'll be able to upload the picture....it might take some experimenting but don't give up.

<3 Barbie

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Cheri--I saw your message and sent the information. Looking forward to share our journey on fitbit.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE

I sent you an invite through Fitbit (find friends). Did you get it?! I think all you have to do is accept the friend request.

Cheri
    enjoying the end of a good weekend in TX