Women lifting heavy - with pics

Options

Replies

• osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Most of my lifts are in the intermediate/advanced ranges for my weight class. Bench is lagging behind, almost to intermediate, because of my surgical history, but it's catching up.

here's one of me with enormous delts and biceps

IMG_1420_zpsbb52158b.jpg

and here's one of my bulky man-physique

IMG_1210_zps8c4d583f.jpg

ROFL!!! You look amazing and your profile story is incredible:)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I deadlifted my own body weight today for 4 sets of 8!!
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Stupid boys are stupid. Maybe if we ignore him, he'll go away??? :D
  • glutesandabs
    glutesandabs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Some of the women, even without taking roids, look mannish...like the lady doing dead lifts. Oh well. Some women want to be mannish. All imo.

And some people, even without showing their face, are just plain ugly... All imo.
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bumping for inspiration
  • sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I especially appreciate all the links and advice on lifting at home.
  • ghostrider1970
    ghostrider1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    New lifter here! 3 months in. I wanted to get back the booty I lost while on my year of weight loss and calorie restriction, thus SQUATS are my new fave. I lift 3 days a week (splits) and do cardio and yoga maaaaybe once a week, if that. I may gain or maintain or lose (as I was at my last weigh-in, both inches and lbs), but regardless, I feel really happy lifting and am noticing more results than I've ever gotten in my stints of getting super into running/cardio. These are in order of least to most recent...apologies for drunk face in the last one lol

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

Stunning... and being a redhead adds 1.000.000 points
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Wow! This has been one of the most inspiring posts I have read here!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the awesomeness of this thread.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Bump because you all look amazing and so I can show my sister, to get her convinced! I started 3 months ago.
    <--- this is me now, still very much a work in progress!
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Well done ladies! I just started lifting free weights 2 weeks ago. I am transitioning from the machines to go into the weight area... but I'm still too much of a chicken to go in there without the trainer LOL. Hopefully I will be able to add my before/during photos in one of these threads in a few months!
    Great job ALL OF YOU.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    As a man taking a look through this thread I just wanna go on the record as saying, anyone who prefers "non-bulky" to "bulky" based on these pics is flat out of their head.

These "bulky" women look absolutely stunning.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Mannish deadlifts
    deadlifts_zps1dba8b79.jpg

and mannish non-deadlifts ;)

girly_zps48ff4c0b.jpg
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I think weight lifting is like anything- you can always take it to an extreme where you will be bulky, but if there's one thing this thread is proving, it's that that "toned" look everyone claims to want, both before and after, hitting their goal weight is found in heavy lifting land.

I can't afford either a gym membership or to have this stuff at home, but why anyone who does go to the gym would not attack the weights after seeing this, I do not know.
  • jw203
    jw203 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here are the first photos I've ever posted on here! In normal clothes and definitely looking bulkier in the 'before'.

The during is after a 20 pound-ish loss and before any 'heavy' lifting - just circuits and body weight stuff really. And a lot of running.

The after is from a couple of weeks ago after doing stronglifts for a couple of months. I'm also still running a lot, but my diet has only gotten properly back on track over the last few weeks.

Before (May? 2012):
    before_zpse9759ec6.jpeg
    During:
    during_zps36880cf0.jpeg
    After (June 2013):
    after_zps2afda9c9.jpeg

I don't know that there's much difference in the last two, but I definitely haven't gotten bulkier.
  • jw203
    jw203 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh, I also wanted to add that these sorts of threads are exactly what inspired me to start lifting, so thanks!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Stumbling across one of these threads is what got me off my butt and into the gym. So here goes:

d3572297-3688-4b37-824e-9b718b955e11_zps0d404efd.jpg
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I can't post pics at work, but my profile pic is progress from 2.5 months of lifting. I currently do the Strong Curves routine by Bret Contreras.
  • heatherln04
    heatherln04 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    All ya'll ladies look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!