Women lifting heavy - with pics

Options

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Some of the women, even without taking roids, look mannish...like the lady doing dead lifts. Oh well. Some women want to be mannish. All imo.

Do you even lift? Since you're a man, it will probably make you more "mannish".

LOL...that can only be an improvement - maybe it's a little jealousy speaking cause the poster would like some "mannish" looks on himself????:bigsmile:
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump the magic dragon
  • trulara
    trulara Posts: 5
    Options
    I just started lifting heavy weights. I like the change I'm seeing so far. it's only been 2 months of 4 days splits, with cardio.. How long did it take you to get those awesome results?? I would like to lose wt as well but it seems the scale is not budging more then a pound or 2 every week.. that is starting to drive me nuts.. I'm using measuring now as an indicator of inches lost.. any suggestions or advice would be great. thanks

trudi
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    bump - so one day I can post my pics (still in beginning and fat loss stages)
  • varalidaine
    varalidaine Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You've all inspired me to start lifting :) BEAUTIFUL bodies, all around! Good job!
  • jetenold
    jetenold Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You are all so inspiring and beautiful. Will have to look into starting weight training!
  • ironjenn
    ironjenn Posts: 25
    Options
    I need to start!
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My before/after is not nearly as impressive BUT I did lose 20 lbs since February by cleaning up my diet and joining a gym and lifting weights. I also have been pole dancing for 2 years but started lifting "heavy" to get stronger and burn fat as well...
    dont mind my stupid face lol....this is me at 123 lbs and 23% body fat. I would like to be at around 18% so I'm focusing on losing the 'last' 10 lbs and getting leaner.
    2gtdes7.jpg
  • monkeyinasuit
    monkeyinasuit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started heavy lifting (Stronglifts 5x5) on Monday. You ladies have been an inspiration to me...Yanicka1, SaraUK and others. I have stalked your threads countless times.

As far as my own story goes...I am but barely 6 pounds away from my post law school weight and look radically different. I know now the reason is that I was doing SOME strength training back then.

Looking forward to adding my own pics here one day.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Before lifting weights in January 2013

dzffc3.jpg
    33bfzpx.jpg

After a couple of months of lifting weights

w8xbv6.jpg

takheg.jpg

After 6 months of lifting weights

344cjcx.jpg

2liig4o.jpg

sxd5y8.jpg

5upedt.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

54shog.jpg

el4lsx.jpg

Edit: I just read the post about "please don't post pics of yourself flexing because it will scare girls who don't want to get bulky" so sorry if my offensively huuuuuge muscles scare anyone away :wink:

I think you just became my ultimate hero!! I WANT YOUR BODY!!! PS mines now is like how yours use to be! Your defo what I am aiming for :o)

Only six months? Really? I must be doing my training wrong. Been at it since before Christmas, have had results but no where near your results. DAMN, girl!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bumping for inspirations...you ladies rock! Congrats on amazing transformation :smile:
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Pretty such I was a heckofa lot "bulkier" when I weighted 233 pounds. None of my measurements has increased. Just sayin'. :wink:

Comparison2_zpsf6428fb6.jpg
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love this thread.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Even lifting while gaining weight, I STILL didn't get bulky.

IMG_1988_1-copy_zps7561b286.jpg
  • coachsteffiegwv
    coachsteffiegwv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a competitive weight lifter. 35 years old, 5'5", 130 lbs.

I deadlift 250#; Clean and jerk 150#, Squat 200#, and snatch 100#. I work at it every day, I lift heavy, and I work my butt off.

Picture1_zps21d9c11b.png

f6812ba3-5e65-4eaf-826e-d59bd0cfb2e8_zps8e888142.jpg

When I was just riding a bike (first pic) I was pretty squishy. Then I started moving heavy weight and what a difference! As you can see, my arms are pretty small. My belly is flat (enough), and while my legs and butt are bigger than average, I still carry around enough fat on them to not look super 'muscular'. If I didn't love peanut butter and potato chips so much, they'd look better. :)

ETA: Sorry the picture is so big. I'm technologically slow. ;)
  • commotionstrange
    commotionstrange Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    you all look so great! Definitely inspiring to me...I'm hoping to start lifting really soon :)
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Loooove these!!!!! Every one of you ladies looks incredible!! Thanks for the reminder to stick with strength training~ it surely pays off!!!! :love: :love: :love:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm a competitive weight lifter. 35 years old, 5'5", 130 lbs.

I deadlift 250#; Clean and jerk 150#, Squat 200#, and snatch 100#. I work at it every day, I lift heavy, and I work my butt off.

Picture1_zps21d9c11b.png

f6812ba3-5e65-4eaf-826e-d59bd0cfb2e8_zps8e888142.jpg

When I was just riding a bike (first pic) I was pretty squishy. Then I started moving heavy weight and what a difference! As you can see, my arms are pretty small. My belly is flat (enough), and while my legs and butt are bigger than average, I still carry around enough fat on them to not look super 'muscular'. If I didn't love peanut butter and potato chips so much, they'd look better. :)

ETA: Sorry the picture is so big. I'm technologically slow. ;)

I wanna look like you! :flowerforyou:

My problem is in the process of trying to get my belly to lean out my legs show more definition... just how I'm built. Guess that makes me mannish. Meh...
  • tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    48 y/o after lifting heavy for 6 months (January to June 2013)
    15ojcyh.jpg

and i love everyone's pics, great job!! :drinker:

oh and i was wearing size 16 in January, now wearing 10's (and even an 8 here and there LOL)

Ok YOU are my new inspiration, as I am also 48. Although I started and still am quite a bit heavier than you, but still, I'm losing weight and you really make me think seriously of lifting!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    bump for later
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!