Women lifting heavy - with pics

Replies

• tcharley1
    tcharley1 Posts: 7
    This is inspiring!
  • coachsteffiegwv
    coachsteffiegwv Posts: 5 Member
    Getting visible abs is all about nutrition. Everyone has a six pack, right? Some people just have it hidden under fat. :)

I don't do a lick of ab work. I squat, deadlift, clean & jerk, snatch, etc. All of these are full-body functional movements which require midline stabilization from start to finish.

Throw in some HIIT cardio and a clean, moderate carbohydrate diet and you're on the right path.

Keep up the good work!
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member

2liig4o.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

Just so you know, you have THE sexiest legs I have ever seen. A-friggin'-mazing.

lmao!! Thank you! Lifting has made me love my legs a lot as well! :laugh:
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Before lifting weights in January 2013

dzffc3.jpg
    33bfzpx.jpg

After a couple of months of lifting weights

w8xbv6.jpg

takheg.jpg

After 6 months of lifting weights

344cjcx.jpg

2liig4o.jpg

sxd5y8.jpg

5upedt.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

54shog.jpg

el4lsx.jpg

Edit: I just read the post about "please don't post pics of yourself flexing because it will scare girls who don't want to get bulky" so sorry if my offensively huuuuuge muscles scare anyone away :wink:

I think you just became my ultimate hero!! I WANT YOUR BODY!!! PS mines now is like how yours use to be! Your defo what I am aiming for :o)

Only six months? Really? I must be doing my training wrong. Been at it since before Christmas, have had results but no where near your results. DAMN, girl!

Six months for sure, haha. I doubt you're doing it "wrong" per se- everybody's body reacts differently to different kinds of training. I have a very strict regimen and nutritional set-up (I bring coolers with me everywhere, eat plain cold chicken, wake up at 6 am to eat and then go back to sleep, carb cycle, etc.). I'm really learning so much about my body and what I respond to. Lifting makes me feel amazing and independent, not to mention more confident, which is really what's the most attractive thing out there, imo ;)

I have gotten so many lovely messages and new supportive MFP friends from this thread. You all are inspirational and amazing. Glad I can be a small part in this.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Getting visible abs is all about nutrition. Everyone has a six pack, right? Some people just have it hidden under fat. :)

I don't do a lick of ab work. I squat, deadlift, clean & jerk, snatch, etc. All of these are full-body functional movements which require midline stabilization from start to finish.

Throw in some HIIT cardio and a clean, moderate carbohydrate diet and you're on the right path.

Keep up the good work!

^^^THIS^^^
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    BUMP! I LOVE all the lifting photos! I can't wait to be "bulky" too! :love: :laugh:
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Bump to ogle pics of everyone later. I'm going to have to start lifting soon!
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    cant wait until ths weekend when I can start lifting, right now all im doing is resistance band. How did you all start, I see lots of different workouts posted but I don't know where to begin! Should I start with dumbells and work my way to a bar then add weights or start with a bar? im confuzzled lol
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    My husband said "everytime I look at your computer, your looking at pictures of half naked women!"

I told him I'm doing research.

"researching half naked women?"

"hell yeh!"
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Give him a leering grin next time. ;-)
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    I have done a few progress posts, but I don't think I've ever posted a pic of what I looked like before I lost weight. This is me at my heaviest in 2008. I was between 180-190. I honestly couldn't tell you exactly what I weighed because I never set foot on a scale when I was this heavy.
    momkhall.jpg

This was 2010 when I started getting into fitness. I was close to 160 lbs here.
    c677a75a-8481-4b75-bc4d-74fc2bd7cae4_zpsc8f3d71b.jpg

This was end of February 2013 after months of cardio.
    d1170e7d-1bc0-4b3d-8f1e-f64695746319_zps32f39d13.jpg

This is me July 2013 after months of heavy lifting, zero cardio and eating between 1500-1800 calories.
    c5175742-8968-4b69-aae2-0ee9209bb4bc_zps2a5940f8.jpg
  • hnyb1212
    hnyb1212 Posts: 17 Member
    I love it! You ALL are so motivational! I can't wait to post my heavy lifting pics. Thank you for sharing!
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    New lifter here! 3 months in. I wanted to get back the booty I lost while on my year of weight loss and calorie restriction, thus SQUATS are my new fave. I lift 3 days a week (splits) and do cardio and yoga maaaaybe once a week, if that. I may gain or maintain or lose (as I was at my last weigh-in, both inches and lbs), but regardless, I feel really happy lifting and am noticing more results than I've ever gotten in my stints of getting super into running/cardio. These are in order of least to most recent...apologies for drunk face in the last one lol

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

WOW! How tall are you?
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    bump
  • ivetteo21
    ivetteo21 Posts: 33 Member
    Hi! Just want to say your look awesome. Question, were you following any sort of diet when you started lifting? Thanks!
  • ivetteo21
    ivetteo21 Posts: 33 Member
    Before lifting weights in January 2013

dzffc3.jpg
    33bfzpx.jpg

After a couple of months of lifting weights

w8xbv6.jpg

takheg.jpg

After 6 months of lifting weights

344cjcx.jpg

2liig4o.jpg

sxd5y8.jpg

5upedt.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

54shog.jpg

el4lsx.jpg

Edit: I just read the post about "please don't post pics of yourself flexing because it will scare girls who don't want to get bulky" so sorry if my offensively huuuuuge muscles scare anyone away :wink:

Hi! Just want to say your look awesome. Question, were you following any sort of diet when you started lifting? Thanks!
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    you "bulky" ladies are such an inspiration! :)

I go to gym, my program uses machines, barbells and body weight.. I'm trying to build my strength and hopefully I can do some heavy lifting later on ;)
  • MrBecky
    MrBecky Posts: 55 Member
    WOW - you all look amazing!
    I have struggled with my weight for ages, but after having my first baby I'm really in the right frame of mind to start being strong and healthy and doing it RIGHT.
    If anyone could help me with how to even start lifting I would be eternally grateful! I wouldn't know where to begin - I don't think I'm very fit or strong at the moment.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    954638_684547718228667_829657037_n.jpg

10 minutes of cardio and lifting (15 lbs)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!