Women lifting heavy - with pics

Options

Replies

• TheBluestWhale
    Options
    Wow, I am SO impressed by everyone. Obviously I need to do this now. Amazing.
  • Shaolin_Life
    Shaolin_Life Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ladies, when trying to show people that lifting doesn't make you bulky, don't show photos where you flex.
    It doesn't look bulky to your eye, because you're thinking lady-bodybuilder bulky. But some of the people who fear bulk are actually just afraid of the cut look, where you can see the muscles.

Show your relaxed photos that show what you look like on a daily basis.

The flexed photos are awesome in general, but not for this purpose. Sometimes they are detrimental to the effort.

:laugh:
  • lifechanger30
    lifechanger30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ladies, when trying to show people that lifting doesn't make you bulky, don't show photos where you flex.
    It doesn't look bulky to your eye, because you're thinking lady-bodybuilder bulky. But some of the people who fear bulk are actually just afraid of the cut look, where you can see the muscles.

The flexed photos are awesome in general, but not for this purpose. Sometimes they are detrimental to the effort.

:laugh:

:laugh: :drinker: This thread is pure awesomeness! Ladies flex, flex hard!
  • Aljos
    Aljos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wowwww...all of you are awesome.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Slatzuk
    Slatzuk Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Remember guys.

Squat. Because somewhere out there, a woman is warming up with your max.

axg211.jpg
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE this thread!! Cant wait till get results like these!! =)
  • beyondmywildestdreams
    beyondmywildestdreams Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Me ( I am 41)
    44475254_1042.jpg

me with heavy lifting:

44475254_7338.jpg
    44475254_630.jpg
    44475254_6214.jpg
    44475254_9.jpg

pretty sure I was more bulky BEFORE i ever picked up a barbell.

I so want to be you.

DO IT!
  • sdkyne
    sdkyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have never lifted seriously in my life, but you women all have totally inspired me. I will need to teach myself, could someone please point me to resources to read on how to start? Or an online program, video instructions?
  • lifechanger30
    lifechanger30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Looooooove heavy lifting. And I love seeing other peoples' success pics from lifting! Here's my 12 weeks progress from April 1 - June 23.

aace314e-62ab-4a54-bb6e-e229fd473ba2.jpg

0b608b6e-0de1-4332-8696-e509fa90e9b5.jpg

a12f47a4-9315-4486-8f07-d97c292604ee.jpg

Awesome results so far!
  • Terra_Incognita
    Terra_Incognita Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Wow^10.
    Beautiful & strong x all of you.
    *Inspired.
    **Motivated.
  • Galloping4God
    Galloping4God Posts: 46 Member
    Options

That's the point, though... when flexed the muscle looks entirely different than when not flexed. I can make myself look bulky, but when I'm not lifting, there's no bulk there.

Yes!! When lifting I can look bulky, but relaxed I'm not bulky, even kinda jiggly still.
  • tesha_al
    tesha_al Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump for when my lifting gets serious ATM I'm using the Smith machine!:tongue:

Even some of my guy friends tell me not to lift :/

Well done ladies!
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to share this thread with my sister. She has this tummy flab thingy going on and I keep telling her to start lifting heavy. I think she is afraid she is going to get bulky. I'm gonna get my a couple of visits with a personal trainer so I can start working on not only losing the weight but really toning and building strength. Great job, ladies! Definitely inspirational!
  • sum1s
    sum1s Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! Bump :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    72fe8184e2e411e28ff222000a1fb6c5_7.jpg

7468dce6c8d511e2b20722000a1f97fa_7.jpg

674866ece8df11e2acc922000ae81df1_7.jpg

beafa7d0ea9011e28bc322000a9d0dcb_7.jpg

:love:
  • Kabuhtu
    Kabuhtu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You girls all look absolutely stunning! I really want to get into heavy lifting, but not sure where to start. I can't pay for a gym membership at the moment. :(

I can't do a gym either.....I just can't get away from home with three small kids after working all day! I bought some equipment off Craigslist and am currently doing stronglifts. It's been a pretty good compromise :)

I was thinking of doing the same thing but don't you need someone to do it with you to spot? I work out in the morning before my BF gets home and before my daughter wakes up. Can I just buy a barbell and get started?
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You girls all look absolutely stunning! I really want to get into heavy lifting, but not sure where to start. I can't pay for a gym membership at the moment. :(

I can't do a gym either.....I just can't get away from home with three small kids after working all day! I bought some equipment off Craigslist and am currently doing stronglifts. It's been a pretty good compromise :)

I was thinking of doing the same thing but don't you need someone to do it with you to spot? I work out in the morning before my BF gets home and before my daughter wakes up. Can I just buy a barbell and get started?

I'm a newbie myself. I bought a barbell set and a cage so I wouldn't need a spotter.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!