Women lifting heavy - with pics

Options

Replies

• FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I attempted to mulit-quote and that did not work out! So I hope it can be deciphered anyhow. Sorry about that.

[/quote]Great work!
    How long have you been at it? i've been doing 5 x 5 for 3 months.
    Your BF or Hubby looks so in love with his Suga... :flowerforyou:
    My BF calls me Suga. :blushing:[/quote]

I started really weight lifting last summer ( Stronglifts as well- I'm now doing 3x5) but overall weight loss and working out in general ( videos, gym, etc) since Jan. of last year. Last September I looked like this already:
    dd828346-5432-44d2-bfac-d9e42b189537.jpg
    The coat is actually very loose on me now. I injured myself not to long after ( from running) and ended up having to break for a while before I could start back up again. So I had a bit of a break in-between where I am now.

He really is, I got lucky! ... and yes Suga comes from him as well! :)

Good luck to you, weight lifting really does amazing things.

[/quote]Wowww you look great to me!! WTG!
    [/quote]

Well thank you!

Holy Smoke!!! You are a different person now, you look amazing and I absolutely love the dark hair!
    [/quote]

Funny thing is, I just feel more like "me" and that was some other person I was stuck in a while! haha Thank you!

[/quote]No reason to put the qualifier on there about still working on losing the weight :noway: but I understand where you are coming from. Trust me you have LOST the weight and you look great congrats! :happy:[/quote]

Thank you, really kind of you to say! You all made my evening!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    72fe8184e2e411e28ff222000a1fb6c5_7.jpg

7468dce6c8d511e2b20722000a1f97fa_7.jpg

674866ece8df11e2acc922000ae81df1_7.jpg

beafa7d0ea9011e28bc322000a9d0dcb_7.jpg

:love:

gorgeous BLOUSe. nice results everyone!
  • stefftastic
    stefftastic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • meaganmiller
    meaganmiller Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump, to inspire anyone who is afraid of lifting!!! These pictures are so inspiring to me!!!
  • shannonjhagerman
    Options
    Me ( I am 41)
    44475254_1042.jpg

me with heavy lifting:

44475254_7338.jpg
    44475254_630.jpg
    44475254_6214.jpg
    44475254_9.jpg

pretty sure I was more bulky BEFORE i ever picked up a barbell.

You are awesome!
  • Slatzuk
    Slatzuk Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Bump for when my lifting gets serious ATM I'm using the Smith machine!:tongue:

Even some of my guy friends tell me not to lift :/

Well done ladies!

Step away from the Smith machine.

Use an Olympic bar and learn proper technique, it uses more of your body and ultimately gets better results.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

Well done ladies!

Use an Olympic bar and learn proper technique, it uses more of your body and ultimately gets better results.

I *just* got a weightset this weekend (a small set, all that I can fit in our small flat), but it's not an Olympic bar...now I'm worried. What did you mean by that? Is there a problem if it's not an Olympic bar?
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I *just* got a weightset this weekend (a small set, all that I can fit in our small flat), but it's not an Olympic bar...now I'm worried. What did you mean by that? Is there a problem if it's not an Olympic bar?

At my gym, an Olympic bar weighs 45 lbs alone--they're meant to hold very heavy weights. For many people, the weight of the bar alone is something you'd work up to, so no worries!
  • SHardee13
    SHardee13 Posts: 3
    Options
    Gorgeous!!!
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Before lifting weights in January 2013

dzffc3.jpg
    33bfzpx.jpg

After a couple of months of lifting weights

w8xbv6.jpg

takheg.jpg

After 6 months of lifting weights

344cjcx.jpg

2liig4o.jpg

sxd5y8.jpg

5upedt.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

54shog.jpg

el4lsx.jpg

Edit: I just read the post about "please don't post pics of yourself flexing because it will scare girls who don't want to get bulky" so sorry if my offensively huuuuuge muscles scare anyone away :wink:

I needed to see the **** out of this. I am mid way through week three of lifting heavy, and I am so motivated to keep at it, but this post just shot it into hyperdrive!
  • gr8pillock
    gr8pillock Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Looooooove heavy lifting. And I love seeing other peoples' success pics from lifting! Here's my 12 weeks progress from April 1 - June 23.

aace314e-62ab-4a54-bb6e-e229fd473ba2.jpg

0b608b6e-0de1-4332-8696-e509fa90e9b5.jpg

a12f47a4-9315-4486-8f07-d97c292604ee.jpg

Awesome results so far!

Oh my god. I'm doing a twelve week program, and I am just halfway through week three, but I can't even begin to express how inspiring these pics are! oh my god! :) Woohoo! Here I come!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Good job ladies!!! Keep working hard!!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Bump :love:
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Well done ladies!

^^Agreed.^^ A Smith Machine will rob you of all the results and reasons to lift heavy in the first place. Training your body to balance and support the weight on its own is the key. Don't cheat yourself of the results you're working for!!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rjbzak
    rjbzak Posts: 1
    Options
    I know I am new to MFP, but let your friends know that lifting, whether it be heavy or light, doesn't make you big or cut. It is the diet that dictates that. Well, throw in genetics and many other things, but lifting heavy alone will not get you big and bulky. With that said, I love seeing all you ladies that are hitting up the weights. While my goals are a little different than the norm here, I wish everyone the best of luck on their fitness goals.
  • pakubear
    pakubear Posts: 4 Member
    Options

2liig4o.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

Just so you know, you have THE sexiest legs I have ever seen. A-friggin'-mazing.

lmao!! Thank you! Lifting has made me love my legs a lot as well! :laugh:
    here here :)
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure where to start up again but I have been completely convinced that lifting is the way to go! Thank you ladies for posting and motivating! You all look amazing!!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Wow! You gals are amazing! Great work everyone!:drinker:
  • mariah_papaya
    mariah_papaya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics, ladies!!
    I can honestly say that, although I've been fit my whole life, until I started lifting weights I had never seen results like this before. I can eat an amazing amount of food on a daily basis, so cardio just doesn't work for me -- I might burn 500 cal but can eat back twice as much (and cardio makes me ridiculously hungry!) whereas weight training is not giving me that starvation effect, but I am totally shrinking! Stronglifts 5x5 is a wicked program, and I find myself looking forward to each and every workout! It's fun and simple and challenging, nothing like spending an hour jogging on a treadmill and hating every second! Definitely excited to see where this takes me. I feel strong and awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!