Women lifting heavy - with pics

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Ladies, when trying to show people that lifting doesn't make you bulky, don't show photos where you flex.
    It doesn't look bulky to your eye, because you're thinking lady-bodybuilder bulky. But some of the people who fear bulk are actually just afraid of the cut look, where you can see the muscles.

Show your relaxed photos that show what you look like on a daily basis.

The flexed photos are awesome in general, but not for this purpose. Sometimes they are detrimental to the effort.

No.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Ladies, when trying to show people that lifting doesn't make you bulky, don't show photos where you flex.
    It doesn't look bulky to your eye, because you're thinking lady-bodybuilder bulky. But some of the people who fear bulk are actually just afraid of the cut look, where you can see the muscles.

The flexed photos are awesome in general, but not for this purpose. Sometimes they are detrimental to the effort.

That's the point, though... when flexed the muscle looks entirely different than when not flexed. I can make myself look bulky, but when I'm not lifting, there's no bulk there.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options

Every one that has posted has included a relaxed picture
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    overheadstanding_zpsd2131f28.jpg.html

overheadsquating_zpsa18671f7.jpg.html
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    It made me bulky. :sad:

6521632_9162.jpg

Dude you're injecting!
  • whierd
    Options
    It made me bulky. :sad:

6521632_9162.jpg

Dude you're injecting!

That 18.5" gun is au natural!
  • whierd
    Options
    I don't lift as heavy as some of the awesome ladies on here YET...but I'm working on it. I don't think I look bulky.

Some recent bikini pics, all taken after I started lifting..

jTdlgjn.jpg?4

He7OcJy.jpg?1

iF7nRLZ.jpg?1

You have a very pretty body. I'm interested to see how you look after a few more months of lifting.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ^WOW!!!!!!!!!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Most of my lifts are in the intermediate/advanced ranges for my weight class. Bench is lagging behind, almost to intermediate, because of my surgical history, but it's catching up.

here's one of me with enormous delts and biceps

IMG_1420_zpsbb52158b.jpg

and here's one of my bulky man-physique

IMG_1210_zps8c4d583f.jpg

DIBS!! :flowerforyou: :heart:

And holy moly Crank, I never ever get tired of seeing your pictures. You have made an incredible transformation and should be so proud. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You have a very pretty body. I'm interested to see how you look after a few more months of lifting.

Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • whierd
    Options
    Before lifting weights in January 2013

dzffc3.jpg
    33bfzpx.jpg

After a couple of months of lifting weights

w8xbv6.jpg

takheg.jpg

After 6 months of lifting weights

344cjcx.jpg

2liig4o.jpg

sxd5y8.jpg

5upedt.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

54shog.jpg

el4lsx.jpg

Edit: I just read the post about "please don't post pics of yourself flexing because it will scare girls who don't want to get bulky" so sorry if my offensively huuuuuge muscles scare anyone away :wink:

Wow, you have made an incredible change to your body!! Great job!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

I'm really looking forward to it, as well. You are already so beautiful, it's going to be wonderful to see where lifting will take you.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't lift as heavy as some of the awesome ladies on here YET...but I'm working on it. I don't think I look bulky.

jTdlgjn.jpg?4

He7OcJy.jpg?1

iF7nRLZ.jpg?1

mmhmm!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

I'm really looking forward to it, as well. You are already so beautiful, it's going to be wonderful to see where lifting will take you.

:blushing: :blushing:

:heart:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Here is my before:
    29xfc4x.jpg
    9uau0o.jpg

Here is me a few months ago in a pageant, after lots of lifting and almost NO cardio:
    abjnnm.jpg
    16bg20w.jpg

Don't think I exactly got bulky :smile:
  • whierd
    Options

:blushing: :blushing:

:heart:

Team Adini!!!
  • whierd
    Options
    Here is my before:
    29xfc4x.jpg
    9uau0o.jpg

Here is me a few months ago in a pageant, after lots of lifting and almost NO cardio:
    abjnnm.jpg
    16bg20w.jpg

Don't think I exactly got bulky :smile:

I have seen your pics a few times and I always thought your competition pics looked super cutiepie.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

jTdlgjn.jpg?4

He7OcJy.jpg?1

iF7nRLZ.jpg?1

Sweet jesus!

tumblr_m54ofv61Xh1rskeexo1_250_zpscfdacbb3.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!