Women lifting heavy - with pics

Replies

• SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Thank you all so much! I never get tired of these. You all look beautiful and inspiring!
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    love this post!!
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Bump. Needed this!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    This thread is pure awesomeness.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member

GREAT story. What happened to Lea?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    In for awesome pics and the snark that's sure to come...
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Bump!
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    bump for later
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Bump, so I can see all these great lifting womens pics later. I am striving to look half as good as most of these women.

Someday!
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Love this thread! All of you women did amazing!!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    These are taken three years apart (I've been other weights in between), but I weigh EXACTLY the same in both of these pics. The second was taken about a week ago, after just over a year of heavy lifting :)

7db4b689-26ed-4e19-bf28-56f9309e966b_zps8de298b7.jpg

You weigh exactly the same, but look so much slimmer..........Fab work!!
  • Annxoj
    Annxoj Posts: 15 Member
    WOW AMAZING !!!!!!!!!! I do lifting as well as regular cardio and abs etc ! but you just made me that much more comfortable with it
    I purchased a 45 lb complete adjustable dumbell set and So far I started using 5 lbs now I am at 10 :smile:
  • kazaroona
    kazaroona Posts: 60 Member
    You can do a fair amount of New Rules of Lifting for Women at home. Just buy 2nd hand equipment and make sure you book yourself a time in your day for your workout - don't try to fit it in, fit other stuff around it - it's worth it!

This is very good advice.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member

QFT

I miss Lea too

Me too. I bought a Batman shirt in her honor.

We weren't MFP buddies, but I always found her posts so inspiring. I shall don my Batman shirt later. Where'd she go?

ETA: All of the pictures that have been added since I posted yesterday are so awesome. Those of you who have posted pictures before are the reason I want to start NROLFW. Tomorrow is the day! Except the barbell I got from Walmart is defective. Any recommendations for a brand that won't make me poor? Anyway, thank you all for being so inspiring! Hopefully you won't mind, but I showed my husband some of these photos and told him this is why I want to start lifting for real! :drinker:
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 127 Member
    Thanks for this!!! More girls need to see how awesome lifting makes you look!!! :heart:
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Strong, beautiful women!! So inspiring!!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    I started lifting in April 2013 and am proud of my results so far. Excited to see what I can accomplish over the next few months.

2n99n3m.jpg]

2mhyd6u.jpg]
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member

QFT

I miss Lea too

Me too. I bought a Batman shirt in her honor.

We weren't MFP buddies, but I always found her posts so inspiring. I shall don my Batman shirt later. Where'd she go?

ETA: All of the pictures that have been added since I posted yesterday are so awesome. Those of you who have posted pictures before are the reason I want to start NROLFW. Tomorrow is the day! Except the barbell I got from Walmart is defective. Any recommendations for a brand that won't make me poor? Anyway, thank you all for being so inspiring! Hopefully you won't mind, but I showed my husband some of these photos and told him this is why I want to start lifting for real! :drinker:

I bought my weight set at Sports Authority but you can also check out craigslist for used equipment at a cheaper price.
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    You all are amazing!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Been lifting since Oct. '12. Didn't set out to lose weight but have lost about 10 pounds and a bunch of inches in the process. There aren't a ton of pictures of me (hubs forgets to grab the camera) so these are the best I could do non-flexed. Some flexed ones are in my profile.

me-2_zpsc9079845.jpg

me-1_zpsb566869e.jpg

me-3_zps4995a007.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!