Women lifting heavy - with pics

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I love these sorts of threads. Awesome work, all of you!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    In for more pics of great women who have gotten all bulky :happy:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Me ( I am 41)
    44475254_1042.jpg

me with heavy lifting:

44475254_7338.jpg
    44475254_630.jpg
    44475254_6214.jpg
    44475254_9.jpg

pretty sure I was more bulky BEFORE i ever picked up a barbell.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesum! i too use weights now.. body pump class at the gym... i want to do more though!! curious.. how weight have you lost (pounds wise) you look amazing.. hottie for sho
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Sara, no need to apologize for the photos...ever. Hi5 girl! For all those that have posted pictures....Daaaammmnnnnn!!!!

Jenna_damn_girl.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    <--- I lift a bit.

Pics or I don't believe you

:flowerforyou:

:happy:

Before I started on MFP (and before lifting and eating at a deficit) - about 185lb

8672cd92-d4af-4266-ad5d-0d2f9659bfd9_zpsfc6a20da.jpg

Me at the end of my cut after a little over a year, lifting the whole time - about 148lb

596cf605-b1ac-499f-aca8-b4c72a1981c8_zps754e1db1.jpg

6fbede9c-1d5b-44f9-9f87-096a4f0b63a1_zpsb4655518.jpg

With clothes on - probably about 151lb if I recall

91f8345c-8363-480f-bea3-d4c92dbb780d_zps9b238ec9.jpg

Towards the end of my recent bulk - 158lb

74535d0a-9aed-4688-869c-b786911f71f3_zps97dd3ef5.jpg

Sorry for the pic bomb.

I'm not sure how the word 'sorry' works in this context.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    <--- I lift a bit.

Pics or I don't believe you

:flowerforyou:

:happy:

Before I started on MFP (and before lifting and eating at a deficit) - about 185lb

8672cd92-d4af-4266-ad5d-0d2f9659bfd9_zpsfc6a20da.jpg

Me at the end of my cut after a little over a year, lifting the whole time - about 148lb

596cf605-b1ac-499f-aca8-b4c72a1981c8_zps754e1db1.jpg

6fbede9c-1d5b-44f9-9f87-096a4f0b63a1_zpsb4655518.jpg

With clothes on - probably about 151lb if I recall

91f8345c-8363-480f-bea3-d4c92dbb780d_zps9b238ec9.jpg

Towards the end of my recent bulk - 158lb

74535d0a-9aed-4688-869c-b786911f71f3_zps97dd3ef5.jpg

Sorry for the pic bomb.

Sara, you are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    ^Badass!

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • nikamar
    nikamar Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow,-and I mean all the ladies who posted their pics.
    I just started with lifting, and hopefully will show off here in a few months. :drinker:
  • kairisika
    kairisika Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wha......!? If I were to post a pic, I'd post anyway I was proud to post. If I was dead lifting 200 pounds you bet I'm gonna be proud of my muscles.
    Lack of "cut looking " muscles is fairly easy to achieve, just don't move much and they'll atrophy a bit.
    Actually, it's about how much padding is on top, not how strong the muscles are. but not the point.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of your muscles. They're great! There are a lot of places to show them off.
    Edit: I just read the post about "please don't post pics of yourself flexing because it will scare girls who don't want to get bulky" so sorry if my offensively huuuuuge muscles scare anyone away :wink:
    I speak not a word against your muscles. Muscles are excellent. I said that in my post.

OP said:
    I`m trying to convince a friend that working out with heavy weight for women will NOT make you bulky. Can you send along your pics! I would love to show her how right I am!

I am just saying that awesome as your muscles are, IF you want to show that lifting does not make you bulky (as the OP specifically asked for), then flexed photos do not make that point. To the kind of woman who is afraid of getting bulky (the friend the OP is trying to convince), often the flexed photos do look 'bulky', even though most of us don't see them that way.
    IF your point is to show someone something, it makes sense to use the evidence that will support what you are trying to show, and leave out the evidence that points otherwise.

That's all I'm saying here. The flexed photos are awesome for showing off how hard you've worked and what you've achieve, but they are not the best photos to show to convince someone that they don't need to fear bulk. Lifters understand the difference between a flexed and relaxed photo, but the random friend probably doesn't, and like has been posted here before, they see that and go "oh no - that IS bulky! I will get bulky!"
    So if you just want to show off your muscles, that's great.
    But if you wan't to help out the OP, a lot of people seem not to be reading the comments of the bulky-fearing women to understand what they need to see to be convinced.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    These are the always the best threads. There are few things in the the world more bad *kitten* or beautiful. *nods* true story
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Wha......!? If I were to post a pic, I'd post anyway I was proud to post. If I was dead lifting 200 pounds you bet I'm gonna be proud of my muscles.
    Lack of "cut looking " muscles is fairly easy to achieve, just don't move much and they'll atrophy a bit.
    Actually, it's about how much padding is on top, not how strong the muscles are. but not the point.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of your muscles. They're great! There are a lot of places to show them off.
    Edit: I just read the post about "please don't post pics of yourself flexing because it will scare girls who don't want to get bulky" so sorry if my offensively huuuuuge muscles scare anyone away :wink:
    I speak not a word against your muscles. Muscles are excellent. I said that in my post.

OP said:
    I`m trying to convince a friend that working out with heavy weight for women will NOT make you bulky. Can you send along your pics! I would love to show her how right I am!

I am just saying that awesome as your muscles are, IF you want to show that lifting does not make you bulky (as the OP specifically asked for), then flexed photos do not make that point. To the kind of woman who is afraid of getting bulky (the friend the OP is trying to convince), often the flexed photos do look 'bulky', even though most of us don't see them that way.
    IF your point is to show someone something, it makes sense to use the evidence that will support what you are trying to show, and leave out the evidence that points otherwise.

That's all I'm saying here. The flexed photos are awesome for showing off how hard you've worked and what you've achieve, but they are not the best photos to show to convince someone that they don't need to fear bulk. Lifters understand the difference between a flexed and relaxed photo, but the random friend probably doesn't, and like has been posted here before, they see that and go "oh no - that IS bulky! I will get bulky!"
    So if you just want to show off your muscles, that's great.
    But if you wan't to help out the OP, a lot of people seem not to be reading the comments of the bulky-fearing women to understand what they need to see to be convinced.

I think I know what you mean....to most women (maybe not on MFP, just in general) don't 'make a muscle' and flex for a pic: to a lot of women, that is automatically a 'guy' pose, no matter how stellar the female in the pic looks (and you ladies ALL look stellar :drinker:). If I could dead lift 150 pounds, I'd be proud as all get out, but not all women can envision themselves with a barbell at whatever stage they're at.

But all women can imagine themselves looking fantastic--and what some non-lifting women need is a casual pose that says "I look fantastic and I got this body by lifting and so should you!"

At least, that was my interpretation of the poster. Keep it up ladies, you're an inspiration! :drinker:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    These are taken three years apart (I've been other weights in between), but I weigh EXACTLY the same in both of these pics. The second was taken about a week ago, after just over a year of heavy lifting :)

7db4b689-26ed-4e19-bf28-56f9309e966b_zps8de298b7.jpg
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    These are the always the best threads. There are few things in the the world more bad *kitten* or beautiful. *nods* true story

Truth.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Most of my lifts are in the intermediate/advanced ranges for my weight class. Bench is lagging behind, almost to intermediate, because of my surgical history, but it's catching up.

here's one of me with enormous delts and biceps

IMG_1420_zpsbb52158b.jpg

and here's one of my bulky man-physique

IMG_1210_zps8c4d583f.jpg

Um, bulky man physique? More like sexy toned feminine physique!! Just saying!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hi. I lift and I'm always working toward lifting heavier. :). I started lifting about a year ago, but I have had some setbacks related to hip bursitis. And my lifting stats are pretty much in the beginner range ;)
    I'd actually love to be a bit "bulkier" but I'm not ready to gain weight (yet).

2d98c8bf-2c82-4d5b-a3ec-0803bedcea81.jpg

946936_730540878565_1864904278_n.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Before
    420195_783261745627_1319229660_n_zpsb79ac857.jpg

670fdc15-14ae-47e0-8015-af29778ff5a0_zpsabcf57c6.jpg

After
    9c2615e3-1652-43de-a099-ed354adc3af3_zps9a1147b8.jpg

IMG_20130501_143836_zps2ffd3f23.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I just found these "before" pics on my external hard drive (forgot they were even even taken!), and the "after" were taken yesterday. I'm 41 and 5'5, currently around 140-145 lbs.

IMG_5549_zps7ebef36c.jpg

IMG_5554-copy_zpsfbee7639.jpg
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Before lifting weights in January 2013

dzffc3.jpg
    33bfzpx.jpg

After a couple of months of lifting weights

w8xbv6.jpg

takheg.jpg

After 6 months of lifting weights

344cjcx.jpg

2liig4o.jpg

sxd5y8.jpg

5upedt.jpg

r7jhqv.jpg

54shog.jpg

el4lsx.jpg

I am so envious of your tummy. I have a 16mo old and right now the heavy lifting and new lifestyle has me building and losing fat, but the tummy is getting a little "wrinkled" if you know what I mean...did yoyu ever have that problem and if so, how did you get it to resolve itself; keep the heavy lifting, eat more...any suggestions. THanks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!