Women lifting heavy - with pics

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    These are taken three years apart (I've been other weights in between), but I weigh EXACTLY the same in both of these pics. The second was taken about a week ago, after just over a year of heavy lifting :)

7db4b689-26ed-4e19-bf28-56f9309e966b_zps8de298b7.jpg

gorgeous.

Strong but still feminine

Strong women is not a new concept. Women have always been strong since time began.... it seems that people forget that now....

there is a difference between a strong man and a strong woman though ... and this shows that difference. You can be strong and be female at the same time.

Women should be strong, they are naturally strong... they are made to carry, give birth to and protect life..... they are capable of carrying, lifting, shouldering and fighting if the need arises but they should still have a hint of vulnerability and softness.... this girls speaks all of that to me.....

Strong... yes :tongue:

Bulky man muscles and gangster jaw :huh: no

Good job

Beautiful

With all due respect, women should look like *they* want to and not *your* personal tastes.

Agreed. Women shouldn't be anything except for what they want to be.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Woops.

OMG I'm dying.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I'm confused! Lol!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Everyone looks amazing!!...sooo inspirational...def giving me some serious motivation!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Bump for the amazing lifting ladies. Great work all! Looking soooooo good!
  • veggielove33
    veggielove33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So inspirational!
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Me ( I am 41)
    44475254_1042.jpg

me with heavy lifting:

44475254_7338.jpg
    44475254_630.jpg
    44475254_6214.jpg
    44475254_9.jpg

pretty sure I was more bulky BEFORE i ever picked up a barbell.

Hot. Just sayin.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    DAY-UM! You "bulky" ladies look inspiring!:drinker:
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    DAY-UM! You "bulky" ladies look inspiring!:drinker:

Agreed!! :)
  • paprad
    paprad Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    there is a difference between a strong man and a strong woman though ... and this shows that difference. You can be strong and be female at the same time.

Women should be strong, they are naturally strong... they are made to carry, give birth to and protect life..... they are capable of carrying, lifting, shouldering and fighting if the need arises but they should still have a hint of vulnerability and softness.... this girls speaks all of that to me.....

With all due respect, women should look like *they* want to and not *your* personal tastes.
    ^^ this
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I love this thread so much.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    These are taken three years apart (I've been other weights in between), but I weigh EXACTLY the same in both of these pics. The second was taken about a week ago, after just over a year of heavy lifting :)

7db4b689-26ed-4e19-bf28-56f9309e966b_zps8de298b7.jpg

gorgeous.

Strong but still feminine

Strong women is not a new concept. Women have always been strong since time began.... it seems that people forget that now....

Good job

Beautiful

Thanks hunny :)
  • LisaWilson2012
    LisaWilson2012 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've started using a 12kg kettlebell and it's been the best thing I've ever done!
  • kazaroona
    kazaroona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    As much as the after pic posts are all amazing, its the before and afters that I love, because in the befores you can go, oh yes I look a bit like that now. It makes the after more acheivable- if they can do it then so can I, they've come from the same starting ground that I have.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    This is an AMAZING transformation! Terrific job!

to: ejennings1988
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    can't wait to lift heavy :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • brahma14
    brahma14 Posts: 37
    Options
    You look great
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Wow to all of you! And I see some of you are in my age group, too! This all makes it seem so much more achievabile. Great job to all.
  • 4d9r
    4d9r Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    awesome thread! Wanted to make sure I can find it again for inspiration when I start to wonder if it's worth the trouble. Amazing! You all look absolutely amazing!
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't lift at all, but after reading this thread and looking at everyone's awesome progress pics, I'm joining a gym tomorrow. Never realised that lifting heavy could make such a transformation. Good work everyone!
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna post some pictures in a while (probs not today and if the thread is gone, I'll make one :P). I've been lifting consistently for a while now. I definitely feel stronger, but I'm not too sure how I look.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!