Weird Food Combinations - What are your favourites?

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Hmm not sure how weird it is but my hubs thinks it's gross: spaghetti mixed with sauteed spinach and fresh parmesean and topped with a couple over easy eggs.

That sounds delicious to.me, actually. I'm a big fan of over easy eggs on top of stir fries...never thought about pasta..

Right? I'm totally doing this.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Brocolli roasted covered in cinnamon and pink salt. It.is.crack.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

OK, wow. I need this in my belly.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Add a touch of avocado oil and a pinch of curry powder and you have my 1, 2 and 3 year olds' favorite veg preparation. It is so good!
  • AngryViking1970
    Options

Add a touch of avocado oil and a pinch of curry powder and you have my 1, 2 and 3 year olds' favorite veg preparation. It is so good!

Ah, you're killing me. LOL
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hmm not sure how weird it is but my hubs thinks it's gross: spaghetti mixed with sauteed spinach and fresh parmesean and topped with a couple over easy eggs.

That sounds delicious to.me, actually. I'm a big fan of over easy eggs on top of stir fries...never thought about pasta..

Glad it's not just me then :smiley: But now I kind of want it...
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Grapes and salmon, I mean I ate it at a restaurant first and then started making that at home. Fries in a milkshake but I feel like that's sort of common now. I used to make a chicken with cream cheese and a dill pickle. I also add more salt to dill pickles? I think I'm trying to kill myself via sodium. :/
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    truvia on salad
  • meepandbaby
    meepandbaby Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Potatoes chips and plain sour cream
    Bacon or sausage with syrup
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I too am all over the cream cheese rolled on salami (adding whatever you like - we usually do chives, olives, or jalapeno!)

crackers or toast with cream cheese + raspberry or blackberry jam

cheese and jam or jelly (I guess it's not weird, it shows up on cheese and charcuterie plates, and fancy grilled cheese)

Kraft mac & cheese + ketchup. Only blue-box Kraft though.

It's apparent that I really like cream cheese. . . .
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    DizzyMissIzzy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My husband gags every time he sees me mix peas and carrots into non-fat cottage cheese. I LOVE it though, it's such a good macro-friendly snack! One that I loved long before I started counting, as well.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My husband gags every time he sees me mix peas and carrots into non-fat cottage cheese. I LOVE it though, it's such a good macro-friendly snack! One that I loved long before I started counting, as well.

I mix black beans and chopped vegetables into my cottage cheese all the time. And then put sriracha on it. I never thought it was weird.
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    DizzyMissIzzy Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I mix black beans and chopped vegetables into my cottage cheese all the time. And then put sriracha on it. I never thought it was weird.

That sounds AMAZING! I'm going to have to try that.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Not food, but a drink.

Kahlua or Baileys with plain Kefir :) love it. :)

Kahlua in chocolate milk, or Baileys in hot chocolate... I haven't had either of those in soooo long!
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    -Toast with peanut butter and bacon ....mmm. My husband thinks I'm wasting bacon. He's nuts.
    - Canned tuna with chopped up dill pickles, mayo, and Sriracha... the mayo is normal, but I've gotten weird looks over the pickles and hot sauce.
  • The_Ugly_One
    The_Ugly_One Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Leftover garlic bread with peanut butter on it...or alternatively if there's no garlic bread to be had, toast with peanut butter on it, with garlic powder sprinkled on top.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Breakfast sausage dipped in maple syrup.
  • WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    White bread toast, orange marmalade and a fried egg sandwich
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Problem is, one person's weird combo is the next's normal. Some combos I've always liked that I suppose some people might find strange:

Peanut butter and bacon sandwiches
    Slaw burgers
    Fries dipped in mayo or mustard
    Warm apple pie with sharp cheddar
    Bacon, shrimp and mushroom pizza
    Baked potatoes topped with salsa
    Poutine