Weird gender attraction question

Options
14567810»

Replies

• fatgirlandrobin
    fatgirlandrobin Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Look into asexuality or specifically demisexuality. Asexuality is a spectrum, and Demi sounds like what you're describing. Or graysexual, which is you're rarely sexually attracted to someone. Nothing wrong with you! :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Get some snowflake to explain all the ever-expanding definitions of gender identities you can choose from, then get them all tattooed on your arm and start walking around with a Sharpie strung around your neck for people to check which they prefer. Or, be u.

Yeah, because that happens all the time. She is just asking a simple question. Seeking understanding. And there isn't anything wrong with having informed or educated thoughts about sexual issues, just as we do for every other issue in life. It's an interesting topic in both biology and psychology. One that most people get no education about at all because everyone is afraid of sex. It's one of the most interesting aspects of being alive and being human. She can be herself, but she has some questions. She's trying to understand because her experience is different from other's experiences. I think seeking understanding is better than all the mismatched sexless marriages out there (in which both partners don't want it to be sexless).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Get some snowflake to explain all the ever-expanding definitions of gender identities you can choose from, then get them all tattooed on your arm and start walking around with a Sharpie strung around your neck for people to check which they prefer. Or, be u.

Yeah, because that happens all the time. She is just asking a simple question. Seeking understanding. And there isn't anything wrong with having informed or educated thoughts about sexual issues, just as we do for every other issue in life. It's an interesting topic in both biology and psychology. One that most people get no education about at all because everyone is afraid of sex. It's one of the most interesting aspects of being alive and being human. She can be herself, but she has some questions. She's trying to understand because her experience is different from other's experiences. I think seeking understanding is better than all the mismatched sexless marriages out there (in which both partners don't want it to be sexless).

Honestly this thread is so confusing at this point that I'm not even sure that the post you quoted was referring to me.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Honestly this thread is so confusing at this point that I'm not even sure that the post you quoted was referring to me.

True. A simple question you asked generated quite a thread. :laugh:
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Half of what was said was not referring to you, but rather internet social justice warriors with chips on their shoulders looking for a cause to be angry about.

I truly care about your situation and just wish you the best. Understanding yourself is great - living the best life you can with the gifts you've been given is better. Sometimes over-introspection and comparisons to others can lead to depression. Much better to do you, and accept yourself like you would a good friend. Be kind to you.

Hugs.

g2q4hpdwuhqe.jpg

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for closing this topic. Folks engaged in a respectful dialog are encouraged to continue this discussion in our groups section.

The forum guidelines include this item:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, age, weight, body-type, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this closed discussion may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Alex
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.