Weird gender attraction question

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
Can't believe I'm posting this, but heck.

First let's start by saying that I've very rarely been physically attracted by someone. I'm not a very sexual person and I need to be emotionally involved to even consider getting there, and even when I like someone, having sex is typically not the first thing in my mind (I guess I'm weird. Dunno).

The thing though is that I've met a couple women in my life that I found very attractive... which isn't much, but I can't say I've felt that way about more than a couple men either. Does it mean I'm bi? I mean, I've never even considered having sex with them but frankly there's really one man I can think of that I haven't been with and actually felt physical desire for so... I'm not sure it really means anything. I'd say that 95% of men and women, even if I find them beautiful/handsome, just don't make me feel any attraction whatsoever.

Thoughts? Is it normal?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    If you can't get it wet, get it muddy.

isn't OP female?
  • Francl27
    Options

isn't OP female?

Lol yeah...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

isn't OP female?

Indeed, but lesbihonest, I was just playin'

:laugh:

its a beautiful turn of phrase... something i'd expect my husband to come out with
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    OP, nothing is wrong with you. If you feel an attraction to someone, for any reason, than it is normal.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If you feel attracted to both sexes then you have a larger pool to choose from. :wink:
  • Francl27
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I think you are just emotionally attracted - as in, you could really love them as a friend.

Our society has corrupted people's minds into thinking if you are connected to someone that connection must be sexual.

The Greeks had lost of names for love, which described many different kinds, and only one of them, eros, was sexual. There was brotherly love, friendship love (which you may be experiencing), paternal love and the general goodness/kindness for humanity, agape. There are more, but I can't remember them off hand.

You said your emotions are connected to your ability to be physically attracted. I would say that your physical attraction is a "fantom symptom" of your emotional connection, that if ignored, would go away, while the friendship aspect could flourish.

You should look up lesbian bed death. Even women who really are attracted to women don't stay physically attracted, and just stop having sex.

So why bother starting, and getting yourself confused about your identity over something that is not real?

Err what? It's 2016. Open up. Don't believe all the anti gay stuff you read.

I wasn't talking about anyone specific, to specify. Hasn't really happened to me in years.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I think you are just emotionally attracted - as in, you could really love them as a friend.

Our society has corrupted people's minds into thinking if you are connected to someone that connection must be sexual.

The Greeks had lost of names for love, which described many different kinds, and only one of them, eros, was sexual. There was brotherly love, friendship love (which you may be experiencing), paternal love and the general goodness/kindness for humanity, agape. There are more, but I can't remember them off hand.

You said your emotions are connected to your ability to be physically attracted. I would say that your physical attraction is a "fantom symptom" of your emotional connection, that if ignored, would go away, while the friendship aspect could flourish.

You should look up lesbian bed death. Even women who really are attracted to women don't stay physically attracted, and just stop having sex.

So why bother starting, and getting yourself confused about your identity over something that is not real?

Ancient Greeks also slept with young boys...so there is that...

*golf clap*
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Thoughts? Is it normal?

Attraction is attraction. It is normal.

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    Is the issue that the one man you are sexually attracted to isn't your mate?

Sexuality is fluid for many people, desire for sex ebbs and flows - attraction less about genitals and more about appearance and personality. You're fine. Enjoy life.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Usually, I don't judge a book by its cover, but good looks always help
This discussion has been closed.