Post anything you want (as long as it follows MFP guidelines)

Options

Replies

• Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    spiveaa wrote: »
    lshtgu26j06a.jpg

I don't..... understand the joke

• melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Have you ever let yourself go? Like really let yourself go to crap for so long that you don't even notice it anymore? Until one day your laying in bed like a slob and your ankle itches so you scratch it with your other foot and cut yourself with a toenail. Has that ever happened to you? Me neither.

I think I'm there right now. I've been unemployed over 3 months and with the holidays coming up. I'm struggling to have any kind of positive attitude. No good job prospects. I'm sleeping away the time as a way to not have to deal. I'm starting to stress eat again. I do my runs and workouts, but it's a struggle and I'm only on auto pilot. I have to take over the counter sleeping pills just to fall asleep at night. I struggle to find anything I don't absolutely hate about myself. And people keep feeding me lines of bull about how everything happens for a reason, when a door closes another opens kind of *kitten* that I guess makes them feel better but makes me want to punch them.

TL:DR yeah, I've felt that way. :disappointed:
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I love carbs and I cannot lie. :o:o
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I love carbs and I cannot lie. :o:o

<3
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    Have you ever let yourself go? Like really let yourself go to crap for so long that you don't even notice it anymore? Until one day your laying in bed like a slob and your ankle itches so you scratch it with your other foot and cut yourself with a toenail. Has that ever happened to you? Me neither.

I think I'm there right now. I've been unemployed over 3 months and with the holidays coming up. I'm struggling to have any kind of positive attitude. No good job prospects. I'm sleeping away the time as a way to not have to deal. I'm starting to stress eat again. I do my runs and workouts, but it's a struggle and I'm only on auto pilot. I have to take over the counter sleeping pills just to fall asleep at night. I struggle to find anything I don't absolutely hate about myself. And people keep feeding me lines of bull about how everything happens for a reason, when a door closes another opens kind of *kitten* that I guess makes them feel better but makes me want to punch them.

For what it's worth Mel something good finally happened in an area of my life that I don't talk about. Oddly enough it only happened because a door was shut first. But the better thing has happened to me because the thing I thought was good ended. This has probably happened to me 3 times in the last decade. I truly believe something good will happen for you.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

For what it's worth Mel something good finally happened in an area of my life that I don't talk about. Oddly enough it only happened because a door was shut first. But the better thing has happened to me because the thing I thought was good ended. This has probably happened to me 3 times in the last decade. I truly believe something good will happen for you.

Does this have something to do with a rash...?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

I get this, lived this, and know this may happen to me again.. It seems like an impending doom is happening right now.. And you know what, you are right.. Your world is turned upside down, and hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.. Every minute of everyday there may or may not be an opportunity to fix financial woes.

So today, tomorrow and the next you concentrate on the things you can control. Most of all, do not give this situation all your power.. cause I learned a long time ago worry does not fix it any sooner.. I wish I had a dollar for every-time I worried something to death.

Getting through hard times are needed to mature and get stronger.. Unfortunately pain and discomfort in life is what makes all the good things good!! I do wish you all the best.. And you know what I think most of us are here at some point everyday... come back and chat with us!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    It's cold. I mean, it's not, really, it's like 45 F, but it feels cold. Sun just set and it's going to get a lot colder. I just got home and it's time to go out on a long ride. But holy crap it's cold.

Beth is getting me a pair of skis, and I'm whining about almost t-shirt weather. Holy crap.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I get this, lived this, and know this may happen to me again.. It seems like an impending doom is happening right now.. And you know what, you are right.. Your world is turned upside down, and hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.. Every minute of everyday there may or may not be an opportunity to fix financial woes.

So today, tomorrow and the next you concentrate on the things you can control. Most of all, do not give this situation all your power.. cause I learned a long time ago worry does not fix it any sooner.. I wish I had a dollar for every-time I worried something to death.

Getting through hard times are needed to mature and get stronger.. Unfortunately pain and discomfort in life is what makes all the good things good!! I do wish you all the best.. And you know what I think most of us are here at some point everyday... come back and chat with us!

Thank you. For real.
    Much love to you :heart:
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

Thank you. For real.
    Much love to you :heart:

2d02tq9n3oho.gif
    raw.gif 136.9K
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    I never knew what a Chocodile was until I just watched an episode of "Lie to Me"..

Must be living in the dark ages..

xuh4nn73zoki.jpg

• cee134
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I never knew what a Chocodile was until I just watched an episode of "Lie to Me"..

xuh4nn73zoki.jpg

I love moist snack cakes! Didn't know about those either.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

xuh4nn73zoki.jpg

I love moist snack cakes! Did know about those either.

Never even heard of these but you know I love my snack cakes. The moister the better.

I am all about moist snack cakes.. and i have been living on this planet for a while now and heard about these for the first time last night..

Maybe where i live in the US all you get are Little Debbie Honey buns, Oatmeal Cream Pies and Fudge Rounds..
  • cee134
    Options
    Little Debbie
    • Cosmic Brownie.
    • Nutty Bar.
    • Oatmeal Creme Pie.
    • Swiss Cake Roll.
    • Zebra Cake.

I know a thing or too about snack cakes and have never seen those. I have seen Ding Dongs before, which look like those. Did you know that Crocodiles aren't even listed on the Hostess website. After doing some research they seem to be limited release in the US.
  • Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

We've never even chatted, much less know each other, but I had to respond. A while back I went through a horrible time I didn't think I would make it through. Literally.

I learned two lessons from it. Hard times are as temporary as good times can be, and you....you aren't the enemy. Please don't hate yourself. I won't toss in a bunch of "feel good words" because it can take a while to get through, but I will say hang in there. Sometimes...the flip side is right around the corner.

Wishing and hoping the best for you.
This discussion has been closed.