What time do you stop eating each night and go to sleep every night?

Options

Replies

• crissy976
    crissy976 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    crissy976 wrote: »
    Shana67 wrote: »
    We eat dinner around 6:30, have a snack/wine at 7:30. I eat the bulk of my calories in the evening. In bed between 8:30-9, up at 5a to workout :)

I cannot workout in the morning. My body is absolutely not wired to be a morning person. Lol. But I DO envy you! !!! Lol

Me neither. I get up between 5-6am, but my legs don't start working properly til around 9, i shuffle about til then.

I feel like I'm getting old! lol (Well, at least until I've had my morning coffee and breakfast... and shower...lol)
  • crissy976
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    As a side note, I've always personally wondered how people manage to eat dinner at 5 or 6 or whatever and be done eating for the day...hell, there are a lot of days I don't even leave the office until 6 and then I have an hour commute home...

hahahaa... well, we eat 6-ish weeknights (depends on individual schedules) and later on weekends. I'm done for the day after that. I think all my family members are, too. We go to bed 10-ish. You have kids, don't you? And do they have crazy sports practice schedules? Scheduling around here is like a rubic's cube.

"Scheduling around here is like a rubic's cube.".... haha! I love that!
  • crissy976
    Options
    Dinner for me can be anywhere between 5:30 and 8:00 (or later sometimes). Bedtime is usually around midnight. I'm retired so I don't have to get up early :)

I have always had a small snack of some kind about an hour before bedtime. Now, it's usually a graham cracker "plank" and a glass of 2% milk. I got this tip from my mom's doctor. My mom was a brittle diabetic and to ensure that her blood sugar didn't drop during the night, this is the snack he recommended she have about an hour before bedtime.

This is a very smart tip. My mom is diabetic. I should tell her about it too. Thanks!
  • crissy976
    Options
    Alienique wrote: »
    7:00pm sharp is my cut-off. Nothing but water goes into my system after that.
    I aim to be in bed around 10:30-11pm, but usually end up watching an episode of something, so the time I fall asleep is probably around midnight.
    When I wake up (~7-7:30am), I'm ravenous, but I get full really quick.

This EXACTLY how I am and what I do before bed. But when I get up in the morning, I'm not really hungry. I've always had the mindset from when I was little that breakfast should be the biggest meal and it's the most important meal of the day. But now that I'm much older, I find this not to be true. So frustrating with meals, sometimes.. lol
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I always save calories for a light bed time snack. Settle in bed, eat my snack and read a few pages. Then teeth brushed and lights out. I never sleep on an empty stomach.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I eat right up until I shut the lights out to fall asleep. That's about 9:30 at the moment because I get up at 4:50 am
  • jofaithisfit
    jofaithisfit Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Depends on the flow of my day. Typically aim to have my last meal between 7-9pm and go to bed between 10-11pm.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Stop at 11:30 pm. Go to sleep at 12:00 or 12:30am.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I always save calories for a light bed time snack. Settle in bed, eat my snack and read a few pages. Then teeth brushed and lights out. I never sleep on an empty stomach.

You eat in bed?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Breakfast 8 AM
    Lunch around noon
    Snack 3-4 PM
    Dinner 6 PM
    Snack 8-9 PM usually if I haven't had a snack by 9 PM I'm just not going to want one. It isn't a rule and I've never been bothered if I ate right before sleeping.
    Bed 10- midnight

Part of my weight loss occured with dinner being at 8 PM and going to bed even later.
    Do what works for your life.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    It's 9:15 pm, and I'm just having dinner now.

I'll likely have at least one snack before bed.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    During the week I stop eating after dinner, which is around 6 or so. The weekend depends on what I have going on.

In the past I used to eat mindlessly after dinner while watching TV. It was comforting.

Now I turn off the TV, go for a walk and trained myself to eat all of my calories during the day. It has worked extremely well for me.

On my heavy lifting days I might need something small at night and then I will eat, but other then that I really don't get hungry at night anymore.
  • Sira125
    Sira125 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have found that eating keeps me from feeling sleepy. I try pretty hard not to eat after 9 PM. I'm usually in bed by midnight though I try for earlier. If I am not paying attention and eat late I could be up until 1 or 2.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

You eat in bed?

I don't eat in bed, can't stand crumbs in there.

I don't know how people hold out for dinner till 7pm or later. I'd end up snacking until dinner cos I'd be so hungry, and end up going over my calories!
    Plus i like getting the cooking and dishes out of the way asap so i can relax for the rest of the evening. Stuffing about in the kitchen at 8 at night, no thanks!

• arditarose
    Options
    I'm eating ice cream in bed.
  • PatFanPete
    PatFanPete Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How do you 5am risers actually throw the covers off and put your feet on the ground that early?! Impressive!
  • arditarose
    Options
    PatFanPete wrote: »
    How do you 5am risers actually throw the covers off and put your feet on the ground that early?! Impressive!

I don't have a choice. And I make the coffee at 4
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

You eat in bed?

I don't eat in bed, can't stand crumbs in there.

I don't know how people hold out for dinner till 7pm or later. I'd end up snacking until dinner cos I'd be so hungry, and end up going over my calories!
    Plus i like getting the cooking and dishes out of the way asap so i can relax for the rest of the evening. Stuffing about in the kitchen at 8 at night, no thanks!

We had dinner at 8 pm in our house for a few years so we could eat as a family. My dh wasn't getting home from work and school until that late. That was the only family time we had. I did have a snack earlier in the evening. I left dishes for morning. I loved the slow cooker and big pots of soup that I could prepare early and keep warm.
    I prefer to eat at 6 pm but IME you can get used to eating later if you have a good reason.
  • valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I have dinner at 7pm and in bed at 10.30pm
    I'm one of those people that MUST have at least 8hrs sleep a night or I don't function. I wake up for work at 7.30am for an 8.30am start and I'm home at 5.30, mon to fri.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Snack or dessert about 30min or less before bed (usually 9:30). Then sometimes I eat in the middle of the night if I am starving. I'm pretty much always eating, hahha