What's the deal with...

Options
1235»

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Despair is like a cable that is buried just under the surface of the ground.
    You pull it up and pull it up, but that cable just keeps right on going, clear
    across a field, until you come to a bunch of guys who are burying the cable.
    Then just walk up to them and go, "Hey, have you seen Fred?" And they'll say,
    "Fred who?" And you say, "Fred of snakes?" Then cover your ears, because big
    laughs are coming.

-- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
  • JSaus13
    JSaus13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    JSaus13 wrote: »
    JSaus13 wrote: »
    It seems as though I should have stayed on the side lines and not said a word. It's nice to see that there are "motivational" people here to lift one's spirits. *insert eye roll here*

The further down the forum list you go...the motivation gets replaced with sarcasm and memes. Once you hit the chit-chat and fun and games...all bets are off.

FYI, I wasn't calling you the douche.

Is being a douche contagious? That other lady said a group of us were being douchebaggery in general....and I was included....should I be concerned?

Hmmmm....I didn't find you douchey. Though I do find that it can be contagious. I have a great friend who's a douche and it seems that you pick up things like that, generally speaking. There are levels of douche, though, I feel. Some people are the kinds of douches that you don't want to be around and then there's others that you learn fine skills from. I would say that there was no skill learning here today.
  • cee134
    edited October 2016
    Options
    And what's the deal with figured silks with elaborate pomegranate or artichoke patterns in the 1600's? Didn't they ever hear of scrolling floral motifs? Asѕhȫles!
  • cee134
    Options
    @Cutaway_Collar you are seriously one of my favorite people
    @littlemissbgiff
    Much appreciated. Likewise.

I feel like I can't respond to alot of what you say because I'll be thrown in jail by association. And I don't think I could survive on the inside.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Why was this flagged?

Is there a pretentious flag?
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    km8907 wrote: »
    Why was this flagged?

Is there a pretentious flag?

There's a reason cutaway is behind bars...
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Maybe the flags are because someone remembered that Bryan Adams song "Back in the summer of 1609"
    I know I was never fond of it...
  • Jimb376
    Jimb376 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    What's the deal with people from the 1600's? I mean come on. Could John Napier take any more time to discover logarithms? And come on, slashed doublet, wide reticella lace collars and cuffs, and a broadbrimmed hats were never cool.

FYI
    Origin and Etymology of chitchat
    reduplication of chat
    First Known Use: 1605>>Coincidence?

Full Definition of chitchat : small talk, gossip

chitchat
    intransitive verb:We exchanged some chitchat about the weather.