SHRINKAGE - 30 week challenge! 60lbs!! INTENSE!

Options
EspressoLvr
EspressoLvr Posts: 100 Member
edited October 2016 in Challenges
If you have more than 150 lbs to lose, this intensive goal might be appealing!
Obviously this won't work for those who have less to lose.

I've got 250 lbs to lose, and I plan to get off to a roaring start!

The last time I lost weight, I experienced a lot of success using meal replacements and losing 70lbs in 5 months! (I've kept it off) I know what to do, and I know there will be tears, and I know the results are incredible!

Choose your own method - the goal is to stay on plan, stay strong through the tears, and then brag about the incredible accomplishment!

Weigh in will be on Fridays. Feel free to post your introduction and challenges.
Join any time, the overall goal is to average 2/lbs a week!

Let's do this!

[Edited by MFP Staff]

Replies

• EspressoLvr
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Week 30: finishing off all the food left in the house. To throw it away or eat it. Luckily I've gotten to a place where the only bad food in my house is ice cream. Everything else is a whole food, healthy, nutritious, and low fat/sugar. So I'll throw out the ice cream and eat the rest in once-a-day 500-700 calorie increments while I ease into my meal replacement plan. *heavy sigh* I'm not afraid of hard work! Soon it will be routine!

Start Weight: 343
    Current Weight: 343
    Goal Weight: 250
  • abrilyanina
    abrilyanina Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'M IN
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I don't have that much to loose, but any motivated group is a group for me. and I am strict with myself and want to continue that. Living with others, I cannot throw out all the bad foods in the house... my kids and hubby would freak out...BUT, what works for me is I don't eat their food. I did just recently get rid of the food that wasn't in my food program, but only I would have eaten "homemade jelly" "Pinapple salsa" its difficult for me to throw away food but I just did it.
  • abrilyanina
    Options
    i'm using a meal replacement and two times a day I'm losing weight so slowly but still losing which is good so I keep doing it SW 250 ,CW 240 ,GW 140
  • siraphine
    siraphine Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm just calorie counting and trying to work on rebuilding muscle mass so I can work out.
    SW: 262
    CW: 256
    Challenge Goal: 196 (God that feels so good to type)

I'll check in weekly every Saturday since that's when I check into my other challenges.
    Week 30: 256
    Week 29:
    Week 28:
    Week 27:
    Week 26:
    Week 25:
    Week 24:
    Week 23:
    Week 22:
    Week 21:
    Week 20:
    Week 19:
    Week 18:
    Week 17:
    Week 16:
    Week 15:
    Week 14:
    Week 13:
    Week 12:
    Week 11:
    Week 10:
    Week 9:
    Week 8:
    Week 7:
    Week 6:
    Week 5:
    Week 4:
    Week 3:
    Week 2:
    Week 1:
    END RESULT:
  • ukprincess2003
    ukprincess2003 Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Similarly just trying to count calories and excersizing more.

SW: 193
    CW: 191
    GW: 125

Week 30: 191
    Week 29:
    Week 28:
    Week 27:
    Week 26:
    Week 25:
    Week 24:
    Week 23:
    Week 22:
    Week 21:
    Week 20:
    Week 19:
    Week 18:
    Week 17:
    Week 16:
    Week 15:
    Week 14:
    Week 13:
    Week 12:
    Week 11:
    Week 10:
    Week 9:
    Week 8:
    Week 7:
    Week 6:
    Week 5:
    Week 4:
    Week 3:
    Week 2:
    Week 1:
    END RESULT:
  • EspressoLvr
    Options
    I'm thrilled that other people want to do this with me! Yay! The last time I did this, I was literally in AWE of you ladies who can stick with a plan and live with people who are eating foods which are not on your plan. I live alone and I know how hard it is, I can't even imagine the extra level of challenge you have to overcome!

There were times where I literally sat there and cried because I craved something so strongly, but I wouldn't allow myself to have it. I think I wouldn't have made it if that food was actually in the house, or worse, someone were in the house crunching on salty snacks. You ladies are amazing!

Here's a quote I use as a mantra to help me stay on track, it's by Aristotle:
    "What lies in our power to do, also lies in our power not to do."

As I said, everyone is welcome here, but I use meal replacements because it works for me. With so much to lose, I invested in my plan and I have a whole set up at my house which revolves around protein drinks. I keep 6 flavors of powders on hand for variation, and a veritable condiment bar of superfoods that I can add. You've got to be careful of the superfoods, because they have calories too, and the next thing you know your 12 oz. protein drink is 400 calories!! Yikes!

Here is a link to 48 protein drink recipies, if you are interested. I think I want to try some of these!
    The oatmeal ones sound good to me! And the peanut butter, too!
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakes.htm
  • EspressoLvr
    Options
    I had a good week!

Start Weight: 343
    Current Weight: 340
    Goal Weight: 250
  • siraphine
    Options
    I'll check in weekly every Saturday since that's when I check into my other challenges.
    Week 29: 254.2
    Week 28:
    Week 27:
    Week 26:
    Week 25:
    Week 24:
    Week 23:
    Week 22:
    Week 21:
    Week 20:
    Week 19:
    Week 18:
    Week 17:
    Week 16:
    Week 15:
    Week 14:
    Week 13:
    Week 12:
    Week 11:
    Week 10:
    Week 9:
    Week 8:
    Week 7:
    Week 6:
    Week 5:
    Week 4:
    Week 3:
    Week 2:
    Week 1:
    END RESULT:
  • ukprincess2003
    ukprincess2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Week 2 wasn't fabulous. When it's super busy at work, it was hard to stay away from easy (but not good for you) foods. However, doing this made me choose the best out of bad options so only went over my goal calories 3 days. Next week I'm on work travel so ally food will be from restaurants with no time to work out. Ugh!

SW: 193
    CW: 190
    GW: 125

Week 30: 191
    Week 29: 190
    Week 28:
    Week 27:
    Week 26:
    Week 25:
    Week 24:
    Week 23:
    Week 22:
    Week 21:
    Week 20:
    Week 19:
    Week 18:
    Week 17:
    Week 16:
    Week 15:
    Week 14:
    Week 13:
    Week 12:
    Week 11:
    Week 10:
    Week 9:
    Week 8:
    Week 7:
    Week 6:
    Week 5:
    Week 4:
    Week 3:
    Week 2:
    Week 1:
    END RESULT:
  • abrilyanina
    Options
    SW 250 CW 240. GW 140. challenges.
    Week 30: 240
    Week 29: 235
    Week 28:
    Week 27:
    Week 26:
    Week 25:
    Week 24:
    Week 23:
    Week 22:
    Week 21:
    Week 20:
    Week 19:
    Week 18:
    Week 17:
    Week 16:
    Week 15:
    Week 14:
    Week 13:
    Week 12:
    Week 11:
    Week 10:
    Week 9:
    Week 8:
    Week 7:
    Week 6:
    Week 5:
    Week 4:
    Week 3:
    Week 2:
    Week 1:
    END RESULT:
  • Flaming25
    Flaming25 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You are all wonderful people doing wonderful things I will be joining you in just over a week. My loss is equally as large 80lbs in 40 weeks. Looking forward to the challenge
  • EspressoLvr
    Options
    I keep a water bottle on my desk that has 1 pound of (colored) water in it so I be more appreciative of how much volume is gone from my body. Water might not be the best substance to represent the true volume, can you think of something more accurate. I think sand is too dense. What do you think?
  • EspressoLvr
    Options
    Good luck this week everyone! It feels great to stay on plan, so be good to yourself!
  • EspressoLvr
    Options
    Flaming25 wrote: »
    You are all wonderful people doing wonderful things I will be joining you in just over a week. My loss is equally as large 80lbs in 40 weeks. Looking forward to the challenge

My personal goal is also a bit more than this, but the MFP website doesn't allow for more than 2lbs a week, this post was edited by MFP moderators.

• lbjmd
    lbjmd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I also admire all of u. I struggle to lose 5# and keep it off. I am registered in a Diabetes Prevention Program at a local hospital. . It is a year long program. Our goal is to lose 7% of our weight. For me that is 13#. I hope I can get encouragement from all of u to help me get there. I am down 3% so far. .
  • ztpearson
    ztpearson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This is day one for me. I haven't been to a gym in over 6 years. Since then I have gained two children and 100lbs. SW:310 CW:310 GW:220.
    BMI: 212lbs muscle
    BFI: 29%

Week 1: 310lbs
  • AbigailShakespeare
    Options
    Real excited to get started! I have gained a ton of weight and health issues that come with after settling down with my fiancé (the good ol contentment pounds) and am ready to finally make those positive changes! I am looking to lose 150lbs and it takes how ever long it takes!
    SW: 326
    CW: 325
    GW: 175
    Current goal weight: 297!
  • siraphine
    Options
    I'm in. I'm just calorie counting and trying to work on rebuilding muscle mass so I can work out.
    SW: 262
    CW: 256
    Challenge Goal: 196 (God that feels so good to type)

Week 29: 252.2 (Happy 10 lbs to me!)
    Week 28:
    Week 27:
    Week 26:
    Week 25:
    Week 24:
    Week 23:
    Week 22:
    Week 21:
    Week 20:
    Week 19:
    Week 18:
    Week 17:
    Week 16:
    Week 15:
    Week 14:
    Week 13:
    Week 12:
    Week 11:
    Week 10:
    Week 9:
    Week 8:
    Week 7:
    Week 6:
    Week 5:
    Week 4:
    Week 3:
    Week 2:
    Week 1:
    END RESULT:
  • EspressoLvr
    Options
    Week two is hard! How's it going ladies?

SW 343
    Week 30: 340
    Week 29: 338
    Week 28:
    Week 27:
    Week 26:
    Week 25:
    Week 24:
    Week 23:
    Week 22:
    Week 21:
    Week 20