Loose 5lbs + in November

Options

Replies

• Emma_Stoned
    Emma_Stoned Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My status tells me that I have lost 4 kg. I guess that does happen when you stop eating for a week.
  • beachwedding2018
    beachwedding2018 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 157
    Goal for nov 152
  • beachwedding2018
    beachwedding2018 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Down almost 5 lbs for Nov but nervous about adding it all back next week for Thanksgiving. Can't be rude and eat a salad when everyone put in so much effort.... suppose to be eating 1300 calories and one meal is 3000+. How does everyone else deal with that?
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Starting weight : 192lbs
    Current weight(10/27/16): 151.2lbs
    November goal : 146.2lbs
    Ultimate goal : 95.2lbs

4th:152.1lbs
    11th:152.1lbs
    18th:152.2lbs
    25th:
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Down almost 5 lbs for Nov but nervous about adding it all back next week for Thanksgiving. Can't be rude and eat a salad when everyone put in so much effort.... suppose to be eating 1300 calories and one meal is 3000+. How does everyone else deal with that?

Portion control and limit the carbs. I've realized that the reason people want to sleep after Thanksgiving dinner is not because of the tryptophan, it's because EVERYTHING is a carb.

Drink a couple glasses of water before you eat, try to eat the most "plain" of the food (turkey & salad), and then have only a small spoonful of one or two of the starches (potatoes, dressing). Or you can have a little of everything, one thing you can be thankful for, it's only one day.

I also like the take a walk idea, although around our house that is NOT a consideration. We all sit around the table after we eat and wait for the next meal to appear. LOL
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    We don't celebrate thanksgiving where I'm from…and judging by some of these posts I'm pretty grateful about that at this point :confused: it sounds like sooooo much food for one day!
    When is thanksgiving? x
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    We don't celebrate thanksgiving where I'm from…and judging by some of these posts I'm pretty grateful about that at this point :confused: it sounds like sooooo much food for one day!
    When is thanksgiving? x

Thanksgiving is this coming Thursday. I do celebrate but as I don't live in the US I don't do the whole dinner thing. Its a normal day for us here in france.
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    Options
    Thanks @mariecela_moulin
    It's just an normal day for us here in the UK too! I've heard a few people here like to celebrate it… but not many and it's usually the people with relatives in the US x
  • trekkiegirl8
    trekkiegirl8 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Starting weight : 189
    Current weight (Oct.29) : 180.8
    November goal : 175
    Ultimate goal : 140

November 5th : 180 (-.8)
    November 12th: 180.8 (+.8)
    November 19th : 181.2 (+.4)
    November 26th:
    November 30th:
  • kittley
    kittley Posts: 73 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Starting weight : 160
    Current weight : 146.4(start of November challenge)
    November goal : 141
    Ultimate goal : 130

5th : 145.6
    12th : 144.6
    19th : 144.6 (no loss this week, hoping it's because I'm approaching my TOM. Will work harder next week.)
    26th: