This is MY year!

Options

Replies

• 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Week 2: Today I weighed in at 196 lbs. Zero weight loss. This week went well though. Since I am doing the Lean for Life Program, it requires at least one protein only day. I originally chose Tues (with coworkers), switched to Saturdays (what was I thinking) and have finally decided on Thursdays. This works a lot better. Nice to see new challengers! :smiley:

Just curious why you are choosing to do live lean for life rather than just calorie counting with myfitnesspal? Are you still tracking & logging your food in MFP?

Lean for Life is a Medically studied program through Lindora Weight Loss Clinics in CA, that provides low gi and low carb list of recommended foods, three phases and structured eating times. I really don't track, but I do need to monitor my portions, etc....It's easy for me. Calorie counting alone hasn't worked in the past for me. My plan is to give it my best for one year. It's so encouraging having your support. Hope we can get through the holidays together! Best wishes
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    Currently eating Doritos & frozen yogurt for dinner. Another terrible family visit that sent me spiraling. My family is so toxic. Food is so emotionally wrapped around my life. Not the best week. Even you guys are nicer to me.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're having a rough time- did you read the recent blog post on myfitnesspal about emotional eating? I'm sorry your family is toxic :neutral:
    I hope you feel better soon
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Currently eating Doritos & frozen yogurt for dinner. Another terrible family visit that sent me spiraling. My family is so toxic. Food is so emotionally wrapped around my life. Not the best week. Even you guys are nicer to me.

Might want to think about this though- did the Doritos & frozen yogurt really make you feel better?? I know that wouldn't make me feel too great. I would feel kind of gross from the MSG & GMO corn & sodium & oil in the chips, and a little sick from the refined sugar in the fro yo. I would also feel guilty for not making the best food choice...

Wouldn't something nutritious and healthy have felt better both physically and mentally? Wouldnt it have felt good to nourish yourself with something fresh and full of vitamins with balanced macros? Wouldn't you feel proud knowing you'd stayed on track despite having a stressful day?

Just a thought. Might help for next time.
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @courtneyfabulous Thank you. Having broiled chicken and veggies tonight....trying to feel better.
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    Week 3: Today's weight is 197 lbs. This is a 1lb gain from last week. This week was very tough emotionally. Feeling a lot better today. Eating more fresh food today.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Last Saturdays was 158
    This week reached an all time low weight of 156.6 on Tuesday & Wednesday, but then got sick so had to hold off on exercise and was more focused on healing than calories so went over yesterday- so today I'm all the way back to 159 this morning but hoping it's mostly water weight from extra carbs & sodium.

Excited to be nearly well again and back in the gym soon.
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @courtneyfabulous Hope you feel better. Best wishes
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Happy Saturday This Is My Year folks!! Its weigh in day!

I'm feeling better and dropped my sick weight gain and then some. Weighed in at 156.0 today! Down 3 pounds from last Saturday (159) and down 0.6 pounds from my low weight from before I got sick. Yay!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

• 1stplace4health
    Options
    Week 4: Today's weight is 194 lbs. This is a 3 lb weight loss from last week. Feeling better too. :) I noticed that my appetite was normal this week. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving next week!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    Happy Saturday This Is My Year folks!! Its weigh in day!

I'm feeling better and dropped my sick weight gain and then some. Weighed in at 156.0 today! Down 3 pounds from last Saturday (159) and down 0.6 pounds from my low weight from before I got sick. Yay!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Great job!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    November 22 (one month) measurements: Down .5" total. Best wishes to everyone on Thanksgiving. Don't binge. It's just dinner.
  • courtneyfabulous
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Still trying to decide if I should track on thanksgiving or take a break... I'm sure I could track and keep it at maintenance calories if not within my weight loss calories goal. But it might seem weird to people seeing me weighing my food...
  • courtneyfabulous
    edited November 2016
    Options
    November 22 (one month) measurements: Down .5" total. Best wishes to everyone on Thanksgiving. Don't binge. It's just dinner.

Awesome!

I don't measure exactly monthly, but my first time measuring was September 8th and since then have lost 1.75" off waist, 1" off chest, 2" off hips, and 0.5" off neck. I had to order my favorite workout pants in the next size down last night because my old ones finally are getting too loose.
  • vashappeninblah
    vashappeninblah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree, this is my year too! I haven't been on the ball for about a year now after weighing nearly 300 lbs but I'm back and ready to hit my goal weight
  • 1stplace4health
    Options

Awesome!

I don't measure exactly monthly, but my first time measuring was September 8th and since then have lost 1.75" off waist, 1" off chest, 2" off hips, and 0.5" off neck. I had to order my favorite workout pants in the next size down last night because my old ones finally are getting too loose.

Wow! That's wonderful. It's nice having a partner through this. Best wishes.
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    I agree, this is my year too! I haven't been on the ball for about a year now after weighing nearly 300 lbs but I'm back and ready to hit my goal weight

So, happy you could join us!
  • CrazyComicLady
    CrazyComicLady Posts: 98 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just stopped by to wish you all the best of luck. Keep up the hard work, I know you can all meet your goals. Stay awesome ^_^
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Oops scale jumped up to 157 morning after thanksgiving- but not as much of a gain as I was expecting! Back on my normal eating track today, and been pretty good about exercise this week so that helps too.
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    @CrazyComicLady Thanks!