This is MY year!

Options

Replies

• harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in. Will weigh tomorrow. I started last week. Not a fab week meals out, bad habits very much to the fore. One good day (hurrah). I see my future in my father and I don't like it. I already failed at being active /sporty mum...I NEED to sort this out.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in. Will weigh tomorrow. I started last week. Not a fab week meals out, bad habits very much to the fore. One good day (hurrah). I see my future in my father and I don't like it. I already failed at being active /sporty mum...I NEED to sort this out.

Yes, join us and make this your year to focus on making the changes you've been wanting to make! You can still become that active sporty mom. You are not doomed to follow in the footsteps of your parents.

You had one good day last week? This week try to make it 2 or 3 good days- or make each day just a little better... actually I find it's much better to try to do MOSTLY well each day rather than try to be 100% perfect or see a day as a total win or fail. One cookie does not mean a failed day- in fact I came in under calories yesterday still having chocolate, pumpkin pie, AND ice cream! I got all my fiber too.

You can do this!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Don't forget to hit the star so you get notification alerts for this thread.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Hey all its Saturday- weigh in day!
    What was your progress this week??
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Well I was 156 last week, 156.6 today, so 0.6 gain from last week.

I had gotten down to 154.8 earlier this week actually, but that was before thanksgiving! Now working on getting back to where I was before the national day of overindulgence!
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @harribeau2012 Glad you could join us! Best wishes
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    Week 5: Today's weight is 192 lbs. This is a 2lb weight loss from last week. This week was easy. Feeling a lot better & enjoyed the holiday with my family.....surprisingly. I have learned that I must remove myself when neccessary and stay focused on my immediate family and my own life. I cannot make people change and I cannot control what words come out of their mouths. Remember you must change your habits to change your life. Best wishes all.
  • CrazyComicLady
    CrazyComicLady Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Lost a pound this week ^_^ after weeks of being stuck. Feeling very positive, haven't been feeling that hungry either. 152 lbs
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    Week 6: Today's weight is 192 lbs. I have not weighed myself because I do not have a scale. I usually weigh myself at my parent's house but I did not go over there today. I'm not going to weigh on another scale because I want it to be consistent. Best wishes all!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Week 6: Today's weight is 192 lbs. I have not weighed myself because I do not have a scale. I usually weigh myself at my parent's house but I did not go over there today. I'm not going to weigh on another scale because I want it to be consistent. Best wishes all!

It will be the most consistent if you weigh yourself first thing in the morning - if you're weighing at random times because using someone else's scale it might jump around more actually (I gain 3 or 4 pounds between morning & evening). I'd suggest getting you're own if you can.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Starting weight: 165
    Last Saturday: 156.6
    Today: 154.4
    This week's loss: 2.2 pounds!
    Total loss: 10.6 pounds :)
  • 1stplace4health
    edited December 2016
    Options

It will be the most consistent if you weigh yourself first thing in the morning - if you're weighing at random times because using someone else's scale it might jump around more actually (I gain 3 or 4 pounds between morning & evening). I'd suggest getting you're own if you can.

Thanks. I do weigh only in the eveningS (at my fattest, lol) when I go over to my parent's house. I cannot have a scale it would rule my life. I really don't need to weigh every week. I prefer to weigh monthly. I just do it with this challenge for others and for me to keep track of these 52 weeks. Best wishes
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    Starting weight: 165
    Last Saturday: 156.6
    Today: 154.4
    This week's loss: 2.2 pounds!
    Total loss: 10.6 pounds :)

GREAT JOB!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    Week 7: Today's weight is 190 lbs. That is a 2 lb loss since last week. I will be so happy when I get out the 190's. It's a long time coming. Best wishes all!
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    I'm not even going to tell my weight I'm having some kind of hormonal freak out because I'm up like 3 pounds for no reason. No binges, within calories, no super salty food.... I'm guessing it's got to be hormonal so I'll weigh in tomorrow or Monday instead
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Week 7: Today's weight is 190 lbs. That is a 2 lb loss since last week. I will be so happy when I get out the 190's. It's a long time coming. Best wishes all!

Awesome loss, great job you!!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    I'm not even going to tell my weight I'm having some kind of hormonal freak out because I'm up like 3 pounds for no reason. No binges, within calories, no super salty food.... I'm guessing it's got to be hormonal so I'll weigh in tomorrow or Monday instead

Wishing you the best next week.
  • dianekhatib
    dianekhatib Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just enrolled with the my fitness pal today. I actually started my fitness journey from Feb 2016 and I am still moving in a forward direction. I am excersising 3x's a week and getting stronger. I have only lost 20lbs so far....but I am looking & feeling much better. I am at 184lbs today (56yrs old) and need to ramp up on the food side to drop more weight! I am totally committed.....just I have a few health issues that I need to pace myself. Happy to be motivated with other like minded people!
  • 1stplace4health
    Options
    I just enrolled with the my fitness pal today. I actually started my fitness journey from Feb 2016 and I am still moving in a forward direction. I am excersising 3x's a week and getting stronger. I have only lost 20lbs so far....but I am looking & feeling much better. I am at 184lbs today (56yrs old) and need to ramp up on the food side to drop more weight! I am totally committed.....just I have a few health issues that I need to pace myself. Happy to be motivated with other like minded people!

That's great! I wish you a successful journey. We can do this!