Does anyone else weigh themselves everyday??

Options

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and log it in the happy scale app and monitor the trend.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself probably once a month, when i used to weigh myself every week i would freak out over the smallest increase in weight. But to be honest tell I can judge my weight loss on how my clothes are fitting my body.
  • sakvani
    sakvani Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do weight myself twice a day and it keeps me informed of my progress or the contrary. I found it more better than to weigh after few days or a week.
  • rwlangdale
    rwlangdale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Usually Saturdays. I've been logging my stats down on my phones notepad. I don't think there is any downside to weighing yourself everyday, but then I think about "a watched pot never boils" even though it does
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Good or bad kinda depends on you. On the one hand, it's a lot harder to lie to yourself if you're seeing the number every day. On the other, some people freak about normal day-to-day fluctuations.

Personally, weigh every day but look at a weekly average as my "true" weight. As long as the average is doing what I want, i.e. staying the same or going down, depending on my goals of the moment, I don't worry about it.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Daily. I always like to see the ounces slowly leading up to that next pound lost.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale, so i use the same one all the time at the gym when I go, otherwise i'd get obsessed about weighing
  • JulianBrown1776
    JulianBrown1776 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do. I can't wait a week or whatever it is people recommend.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I love to do it...It keeps me mindful of what I'm doing. Weekly weigh in is light years away....lol. what's the harm unless you get wigged out that you gained a pound, and even then its good. Reassess what you are doing. I have gone up and down by 3 lbs within 3 weeks. Logging in my weight is like logging in here. Some people do it, some don't. But people who sign and post here are more likely to succeed. Same as weighing in everyday. There are exceptions... Are you one?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I remember to do it. That's usually a few times a week. I think I did it more often before I went on maintenance, but that was so long ago I don't remember.
  • blushenvy
    blushenvy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I do. I love the "report chart" as a visual reminder of where I'm at. It's a great reminder that weight loss is up and down, and that's just how it goes. Mine looks like a heart beat monitor-haha :)
    Having that visual reminder helps take the pressure off(For me at least), but also helps keep me excited about what I'm doing. Because even if I'm feeling icky for a day or so, the chart tells a different story-and that is because it reflects my daily weigh in.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I weigh every morning at the same time wearing the same thing after I get up to eliminate as many variables as possible. I also log it in a ledger book, hard copy that I can refer too and not have to worry about any kind of data loss :)

Since I do not obsess over day to day fluctuations I am fine weighing daily. OTOH if You are the type that will let a 1/4 pound gain one day bother You, than I suggest weekly. I do the daily to track trends and find it to be helpful. Especially if I cheat on my Maintenance plan.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • kelticsol
    kelticsol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Since I do not obsess over day to day fluctuations I am fine weighing daily. OTOH if You are the type that will let a 1/4 pound gain one day bother You, than I suggest weekly. I do the daily to track trends and find it to be helpful. Especially if I cheat on my Maintenance plan.

^^^^^ This. I weigh everyday but don't obsess over it. I wish I would had weighed myself everyday 3 years ago. I might had caught the fact I was gaining a lot of weight quickly.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    kelticsol wrote: »
    ^^^^^ This. I weigh everyday but don't obsess over it. I wish I would had weighed myself everyday 3 years ago. I might had caught the fact I was gaining a lot of weight quickly.

Hi kelticsol
    I agree with that, I should have weighed myself over the years too. Oh well I'm in better shape now and that is what matters.

Have a nice day
    Roger
  • saintshoc
    saintshoc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do every day. I like to keep myself honest.
  • pizzaswagger5512
    Options
    I do every other day. It pretty much keeps me on top of my weight.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    The scale makes me a nervous wreck because it fluctuates too much. So instead I weigh once a month and focus on BF%
  • fyree39
    fyree39 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I tend to avoid the scale as I'm gaining weight. When I'm serious again about healthy eating I weight just about every day.