do you eat pasta?

Options
124»

Replies

• LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I heart pasta. I usually add sauteed veggies to the sauce, and call it a day.

Om nom..
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    Only if it's clean pasta.:happy:
  • technobunny
    technobunny Posts: 131
    Options
    maybe.
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi there :)....I do believe it is better to eat whole wheat, than white....However I do eat the white as well and include it in my daily allowance... However what I do is maybe have a pasta dish if I'm going to train hard afterwards to work it off.....I prefer to eat carbohydrates at lunch opposed to dinner as I'm more likely to burn it off through the day :)
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight, it's probably best that you only eat pasta at lunch time or early afternoon.

is that because pasta is carbs and carbs is lots of energy which is better before a workout because it fuels your workout whereas if youeat carbs and dont work out afterwards that energy is going to waste or just gonna become fat? (assuming most people workout after lunch and not after supper?) is that the logic?

in any case, i prefer the whole wheat/ multigrain pasta, i find it tastes better. My rule is that if I have pasta, my plate has to have at least as much veggies on it as pasta. keeps me from feeling that "omg I ate too much and now i don't want to move" feeling.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight, it's probably best that you only eat pasta at lunch time or early afternoon.

is that because pasta is carbs and carbs is lots of energy which is better before a workout because it fuels your workout whereas if youeat carbs and dont work out afterwards that energy is going to waste or just gonna become fat? (assuming most people workout after lunch and not after supper?) is that the logic?

in any case, i prefer the whole wheat/ multigrain pasta, i find it tastes better. My rule is that if I have pasta, my plate has to have at least as much veggies on it as pasta. keeps me from feeling that "omg I ate too much and now i don't want to move" feeling.
    Might sound logical but not true.....it doesn't matter when you eat.
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    I loooove pasta, and I eat it when I can fit it in my totals for the day. My very favorite special treat is roast chicken fettucini alfredo with fresh peas, I usually stick with healthier fresh veggie pasta dishes made with olive oil and herbs or marinara. I've tried numerous times, but I just don't like whole wheat pasta, it tastes like cardboard to me and the texture is wonky. I do like the half whole wheat pastas, though. And I like Vietnamese grilled chicken and vermicelli rice noodle salads, which usually have about a cup of noodles, and I eat that all the time (I'd eat it every day if I could afford it, lol). It's around 375-450 calories or so total and makes a great lunch. I think the thing to remember is moderation, you can have it if it fits in your totals, but even if it doesn't, a dish of pasta every once in awhile isn't going to hurt you.