Any anime fans in here?

Options

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    Or am I the only one? Somehow I feel like it's just me.

But if I'm not feel free to drop some good anime's to check out, the last show I watched was Death Parade and I'm looking to start watching a new series.

Ok. Honest question...why do you go on a calorie tracking website to look for anime fans even if there is some among the millions of users? Isn't there an anime forum somewhere? As someone that's not into anime, that sounds as strange as going on an anime forum and asking if anyone is into tracking their macros...

Because people don't want to talk about fitness and food all the time. Sometimes it's nice to creep on other people or exchange witty insults.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

But if I'm not feel free to drop some good anime's to check out, the last show I watched was Death Parade and I'm looking to start watching a new series.

Ok. Honest question...why do you go on a calorie tracking website to look for anime fans even if there is some among the millions of users? Isn't there an anime forum somewhere? As someone that's not into anime, that sounds as strange as going on an anime forum and asking if anyone is into tracking their macros...

Why would you go on a fitness site and ask anything about anyone? No one needs to know anything interesting about anyone. Why have friends or talk with people that have similar interests? Especially on a forum board designed for chit chat...

5kjke247izxa.jpg

• joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options

Because people don't want to talk about fitness and food all the time. Sometimes it's nice to creep on other people or exchange witty insults.

I get that and creeping on other users and exchanging insults DOES link with MFP but I feel you're missing my point a little. Fitness and food is what MFP is all about so anime is completely irrelevant unless you're planning a workout group dressed as anime characters or something, where is the connection? I don't have a problem with it, it just doesn't seem like the appropriate forum! I'm sure there's dozens of Facebook groups etc dedicated to anime, so why go fishing here? I like extreme sports but if I want to talk about it I'm going to head to a group of like-minded individuals, not go to a knitting & crocheting forum and ask if anyone is into freestyle motocross... (Extreme example to illustrate my point.)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

It's also nice to connect on a site about health and fitness with other people who are like minded (in this case, who like to watch anime). I don't really see what's so wrong or weird about that.
  • joemac1988
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Why would you go on a fitness site and ask anything about anyone? No one needs to know anything interesting about anyone. Why have friends or talk with people that have similar interests? Especially on a forum board designed for chit chat...

5kjke247izxa.jpg

Ok, I usually opt for diplomacy but I have to point out the idiocy of what you said. If you go to a "Fitness Site" it is appropriate to ask about....uhhhh....fitness.

Again, I don't have a problem with it! I'm just saying it seems like there's better places to do it!
  • joemac1988
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Wow! Chit Chat is probably not the place for you.....
    Are you going to go into all of the other threads and question why they are talking about non fitness things? People are posting cat gifs and puppy pics here too. Is that an issue?
    People are welcome to talk about anything in Chit Chat. Maybe the OP wants TWO whole things in common with someone. He likes fitness AND anime. That is allowed.

Ok, you make a legitimate point. (See, I'm reasonable!) IF he's trying to connect fitness and anime, I get it! And no, I'm not attacking anime or the OP, cats and dogs and chit chat and everything...I just don't get why it happens on a calorie tracking website.
  • KosmosKitten
    edited May 2017
    Options

I get that and creeping on other users and exchanging insults DOES link with MFP but I feel you're missing my point a little. Fitness and food is what MFP is all about so anime is completely irrelevant unless you're planning a workout group dressed as anime characters or something, where is the connection? I don't have a problem with it, it just doesn't seem like the appropriate forum! I'm sure there's dozens of Facebook groups etc dedicated to anime, so why go fishing here? I like extreme sports but if I want to talk about it I'm going to head to a group of like-minded individuals, not go to a knitting & crocheting forum and ask if anyone is into freestyle motocross... (Extreme example to illustrate my point.)

Out of curiosity, why does there need to be a connection between one thing and the other? There's no connection to my posting cat .gifs either, but I still do that here because it brightens someone's day and there's a thread devoted to posting absolutely whatever you want (so long as you're within guidelines).

Of all the forums here on MFP, Chit-Chat is the most open as far as topics. I've seen all sorts of weird stuff and a lot of it has no relation whatsoever to fitness or nutrition.

Also as per your example: I'm a member of Ravelry. That's a crochet/knitting website that's been around since 2008 or so. There are tons of groups on there for non-knitting related items including, yep, you guessed it: motocross.

It takes all types, but we wouldn't assume that everyone who likes to knit/crochet also likes to do motocross (or whatever else there are groups for).

Now to be fair, there are groups here on MFP for this sort of thing you're talking about, but last I checked, most of the anime ones were kind of defunct as the users who created the groups are no longer here.
  • joemac1988
    Options

5kjke247izxa.jpg

Ok, I usually opt for diplomacy but I have to point out the idiocy of what you said. If you go to a "Fitness Site" it is appropriate to ask about....uhhhh....fitness.

Again, I don't have a problem with it! I'm just saying it seems like there's better places to do it!

So, Joe..... is it appropriate on a "fitness site" to comment on what you would do with the person above you? Just curious. I don't see how whether you would kiss the poster above you or not is relevant to my weight loss or weight training. Can you please explain?

It doesn't link but my whole point isn't to take the fun out of forums or anything like that...anime is a completely different topic of it's own with, I'm sure, whole communities and websites dedicated to it versus finding out interesting things and having fun with other users. Does that make sense? It really was an honest question! If the answer is "actually, a ton of people into fitness are also into anime; you'd be surprised!" then, there you go! I'm satisfied!
  • joemac1988
    Options

Out of curiosity, why does there need to be a connection between one thing and the other? There's no connection to my posting cat .gifs either, but I still do that here because it brightens someone's day and there's a thread devoted to posting absolutely whatever you want (so long as you're within guidelines).

Of all the forums here on MFP, Chit-Chat is the most open as far as topics. I've seen all sorts of weird stuff and a lot of it has no relation whatsoever to fitness or nutrition.

Also as per your example: I'm a member of Ravelry. That's a crochet/knitting website that's been around since 2008 or so. There are tons of groups on there for non-knitting related items including, yep, you guessed it: motocross.

It takes all types, but we wouldn't assume that everyone who likes to knit/crochet also likes to do motocross (or whatever else there are groups for).

Now to be fair, there are groups here on MFP for this sort of thing you're talking about, but last I checked, most of the anime ones were kind of defunct as the users who created the groups are no longer here.

Well written argument. Maybe I'm just too much a Type-A right brain OCD arsehole and like to see things in their appropriate place lol
  • joemac1988
    Options

5kjke247izxa.jpg

So, Joe..... is it appropriate on a "fitness site" to comment on what you would do with the person above you? Just curious. I don't see how whether you would kiss the poster above you or not is relevant to my weight loss or weight training. Can you please explain?

It's completely acceptable for joe to rate the person above him AS LONG as there is no anime involved. Duh.

ZACKLY.
  • joemac1988
    Options

What did you come to chit chat looking for?

Actually didn't come...was right on my home screen.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

5kjke247izxa.jpg

It seems really weird to pick this thread out of all the others.

I never said anything about not talking about fitness on a fitness site.

Do you only talk about one thing with one group of people and go find a whole new group to talk about a 2nd different thing?

• joemac1988
    Options

5kjke247izxa.jpg

It doesn't link but my whole point isn't to take the fun out of forums or anything like that...anime is a completely different topic of it's own with, I'm sure, whole communities and websites dedicated to it versus finding out interesting things and having fun with other users. Does that make sense? It really was an honest question! If the answer is "actually, a ton of people into fitness are also into anime; you'd be surprised!" then, there you go! I'm satisfied!

There are whole websites dedicated to flirting with people too. You can do fancy things like swiping left or right I hear.
    I personally like finding out what other things my fitness friends are into. We are all individuals. We all have different things we enjoy. It is nice to know that someone who lifts weights isn't always just a muscle head who slams protein drinks all day long. Maybe, just maybe, if I am open minded about these things I will find something that I really love doing and wouldn't have ever known it if it weren't for an MFP friend.

Fair point!
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well Damn. This thread took a turn lol.

The answer is simple though. Talking about fitness all day every day would just be boring as hell for one. Also, this is the chit chat section of the forum, which is pretty much dedicated to talking about things that aren't fitness related.

There are other sub forums on here that are strictly for fitness but chit chat is normally where I hang out at.

And why not talk about shows where people transform into super beings, fight, duel to the death etc...sounds like a good time to me.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    So, did anyone else think of this during the last two pages?:

fo60f5mztdwu.jpg

And, I specifically came to this thread looking for anime gifs. I am disappoint.

07gzfip5q14n.gif
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »

fo60f5mztdwu.jpg

And, I specifically came to this thread looking for anime gifs. I am disappoint.

07gzfip5q14n.gif

Lmao
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    And, does anyone remember Starblazers/Space Battleship Yamato? Am I that old?

7u0k8egqesrw.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »

fo60f5mztdwu.jpg

07gzfip5q14n.gif

We can fix that last bit, you know. :p

33eyp77kfzvt.gif
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    Well Damn. This thread took a turn lol.

The answer is simple though. Talking about fitness all day every day would just be boring as hell for one. Also, this is the chit chat section of the forum, which is pretty much dedicated to talking about things that aren't fitness related.

There are other sub forums on here that are strictly for fitness but chit chat is normally where I hang out at.

And why not talk about shows where people transform into super beings, fight, duel to the death etc...sounds like a good time to me.

You keep on doing your thing, love. I don't necessarily love anime, but I sure support the fact that you do and have every right to talk about it here :)

*salutes* we here at the bearded nerd delegation appreciate your support greatly
  • HazyEyes93
    HazyEyes93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    One Punch Man is the only anime I will ever need.