Any anime fans in here?

Options

Replies

• Teddykoda
    Teddykoda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Another anime fan! I also love cosplaying and going to conventions! So excited for Anime Boston this weekend! Anyone here from the Boston area?
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I'm just after finished Fate/Stay Unlimited Bladeworks after being told to watch it for 6 months haha. Been trying to finish off Kiznaiver and 91 Days for a while
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    amytannock wrote: »
    I'm just after finished Fate/Stay Unlimited Bladeworks after being told to watch it for 6 months haha. Been trying to finish off Kiznaiver and 91 Days for a while

Fate/stay took sooooo long before it actually got good but it was worth it
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    It's not anime but I just realized there is a Star Trek (original) cartoon from '73.
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    It's not anime but I just realized there is a Star Trek (original) cartoon from '73.

Reading this made me think of this, even though it's star wars instead of star trek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I like but don't think I have true 'fan' status as yet.

Loving Kill la Kill and Re:Zero atm.
    :smiley:
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    New season is staring up!

The only two new shows I'm adding to the regiment are Boku No Hero Acedemia and Shingeki No Bahamut: Virgin Soul. I've mentioned the first before, but SNB is based on a mobile game. While that sounds like a bad start, the first episode of the previous series should get you hooked quickly. It does taper off a little towards the middle, but I blame that on too few episodes. This new series is rightfully two courses.

In short, please watch Shingeki No Bahamut: Genesis and Virgin Soul.

Some people online weren't too hot with episode 4 of Samurai Jack, but I loved it, reminded me of something from the original seasons. The dialogue was charming as heck.
  • amyteacake
    Options

My boyfriend kept telling me to watch the remake instead of the original series that was out before because it's closer to he visual novel. I love it soo much. Still need to watch Fate/Zero
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »

My boyfriend kept telling me to watch the remake instead of the original series that was out before because it's closer to he visual novel. I love it soo much. Still need to watch Fate/Zero

Drop everything and watch fate/zero lol
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    New season is staring up!

The only two new shows I'm adding to the regiment are Boku No Hero Acedemia and Shingeki No Bahamut: Virgin Soul. I've mentioned the first before, but SNB is based on a mobile game. While that sounds like a bad start, the first episode of the previous series should get you hooked quickly. It does taper off a little towards the middle, but I blame that on too few episodes. This new series is rightfully two courses.

In short, please watch Shingeki No Bahamut: Genesis and Virgin Soul.

Some people online weren't too hot with episode 4 of Samurai Jack, but I loved it, reminded me of something from the original seasons. The dialogue was charming as heck.

I'm catching up on samurai Jack now. So far so good
  • amyteacake
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »

Drop everything and watch fate/zero lol

I really need to watch it. Already watched the Fate/Grand Order movie haha
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna finally start dbz super.....maybe.....
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options
    I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna finally start dbz super.....maybe.....
    Honestly, I'd recommend watching the two newer movies and just starting at the beginning of the third arc (can't remember the episode at the top of my head).

The first set of episodes are just retellings of the movies. There are some differences, but nothing worth sitting through
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Berserk!
    Read the manga

The anime adaptations largely aren't worth it.

I enjoyed it. Ignorance is bliss
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Berserk!
    Read the manga

The anime adaptations largely aren't worth it.

I enjoyed it. Ignorance is bliss
    You really should read the manga
    Did you watch the 2016 version? New episodes are being released.

• LeeMarie392
    LeeMarie392 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've always been a huge sailor moon fan but that's really the only one I've ever watched.,open to suggestions of something new though
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I've always been a huge sailor moon fan but that's really the only one I've ever watched.,open to suggestions of something new though

Try Fairy Tail but really any of the suggestions on this thread are good.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Only read the last page. One Punch Man was funny and different than the usual, it's my fave.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Attack on Titan changed my life.
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    I recently started watching 91 days, only two episodes in and so far so good