Any anime fans in here?

Options
Cerealsensei
Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
Or am I the only one? Somehow I feel like it's just me.

But if I'm not feel free to drop some good anime's to check out, the last show I watched was Death Parade and I'm looking to start watching a new series.

Replies

• Cerealsensei
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Or am I the only one? Somehow I feel like it's just me.

But if I'm not feel free to drop some good anime's to check out, the last show I watched was Death Parade and I'm looking to start watching a new series.

Does spongebob count?

I was thinking more so Japanese anime, but I won't hate on Spongebob lol.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I like anime.
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I like anime.

favorite shows?
  • cee134
    Options
    Just the one's I can think of right now: One Punch Man; Full Metal Alchemist; Death Note; Attack on Titan; etc.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Just the one's I can think of right now: One Punch Man; Full Metal Alchemist; Death Note; Attack on Titan; etc.
    I'm going to add another work by ONE, Mob Psycho 100.

I actually like it more than OPM.
    I don't really think I have a favorite anime. When the mood strikes, I mostly just look for shows that interest me on /a/ . I'm watching Flip Flappers, Fune wo Amu, Jojo part 4, and Dragon Ball Super for the sake of nostalgia right now.

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Lol. Of course you're not the only one. I'm not a megafan or anything, but I watch a series every now and then, and I still go to conventions. I recently finished watching Orange.
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    I'm going to add another work by ONE, Mob Psycho 100.

I actually like it more than OPM.
    I don't really think I have a favorite anime. When the mood strikes, I mostly just look for shows that interest me on /a/ . I'm watching Flip Flappers, Fune wo Amu, Jojo part 4, and Dragon Ball Super for the sake of nostalgia right now.

i need to go back and give mob psycho 100 a try. I watched the first EP but i just couldnt into it but everyone is telling to go back and try it again. I just watched the most recent episode of Jojo earlier.I I'm so far behind on DBZ super......one day ill catch up.
  • 285to170
    285to170 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Currently watching Deadman Wonderland again. I'd recommend "Monster" if you're into thrillers but it's very long and somewhat drawn out. Steins Gate is also a great thriller.
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    I've heard a lot of good things about Steins Gate, and ive been leaning toward more to thrillers lately so i'll add that to my list
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    285to170 wrote: »
    Currently watching Deadman Wonderland again. I'd recommend "Monster" if you're into thrillers but it's very long and somewhat drawn out. Steins Gate is also a great thriller.
    I'm going to say, if you're into reading manga, I'd highly recommend the works of Naoki Urasawa. I loved Monster, 20th Century Boys, and Pluto (personal favorite out of the bunch).

• DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm an animation fan in general- western or japanese. I actually just created a thread asking geeks to add me as a friend!
  • DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Shinsekai Yori. It's beautiful, well done, philosophical, adventure, action, mystery.
  • abiskeet
    abiskeet Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes yes!!! Awful put of these but
  • cee134
    Options
    Detective Conan or Case Closed is good and still going on.
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions good people, I'll try to check some of these out.
  • fatgirlandrobin
    fatgirlandrobin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been watching anime on/off for ten years now and rn I'm on. My favorite animes I've watched recently are
    1. Akatsuki no Yona (about a princes who is forced out of her home and is forced to grow up, see how bad off her kingdom actually is, and take it back from those who forced her out. that's the spoiler free version at least. it's very beautiful with complex characters, I love it),
    2. Erased (man has the ability to rewind time by 5-10 minutes and prevent bad things from happening, but when a tragedy strikes his own life, he rewinds back to when he was 10 years old and one of his classmates was murdered, so he needs to find the murderer, protect his classmate, and prevent the tragedy in the future),
    3. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (honestly it's just a loosely inspired by Snow White romance, but all the characters are very likable and there's no real love triangle or pointless drama).

• Cerealsensei
    Options
    I've been watching anime on/off for ten years now and rn I'm on. My favorite animes I've watched recently are
    1. Akatsuki no Yona (about a princes who is forced out of her home and is forced to grow up, see how bad off her kingdom actually is, and take it back from those who forced her out. that's the spoiler free version at least. it's very beautiful with complex characters, I love it),
    2. Erased (man has the ability to rewind time by 5-10 minutes and prevent bad things from happening, but when a tragedy strikes his own life, he rewinds back to when he was 10 years old and one of his classmates was murdered, so he needs to find the murderer, protect his classmate, and prevent the tragedy in the future),
    3. Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (honestly it's just a loosely inspired by Snow White romance, but all the characters are very likable and there's no real love triangle or pointless drama).

i got hooked on Erased and binged it all in one day, i saw the ending coming but it was still such a great show.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Vandread was funny, if you like the space type ones.
    I was enjoying Attack on Titan but only found one season.
    Psyren is great too. As is Noir. I like the music in Noir.
    Just some random ones I thought of. I'm guessing you've probably seen a lot of the popular ones like FMA, FMP!, Death Note, Vision of Escaflowne, etc.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Yes.