Any anime fans in here?

Options

Replies

• verizonkelly4
    verizonkelly4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can not be disappointed with naruto! I remember some friends were watching it and i was making fun of them for watching this anime they could not even understand (it was subed) then i watched an episode and was hooked! I would say though alot is lost you could skip 220episodes of naruto and start with naruto shippuden. Naruto is also pretty huge in japan. You dont get that many episodes for nothing.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    You can not be disappointed with naruto! I remember some friends were watching it and i was making fun of them for watching this anime they could not even understand (it was subed) then i watched an episode and was hooked! I would say though alot is lost you could skip 220episodes of naruto and start with naruto shippuden. Naruto is also pretty huge in japan. You dont get that many episodes for nothing.

I found it easier to watch with the filler lists you can find online to skip episodes that were not central to the main story.

I finally finished it all in April. Now if only I can catch up on One Piece the same way.. although I'm only half-way through.
  • elle_bear_11
    elle_bear_11 Posts: 246 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hunter x hunter, full metal alchemist, parasite maxim, deathnote & naruto
  • LunaVox
    LunaVox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    j_bark wrote: »
    So feedback on Outlaw Star anyone?

Outlaw Star is one of my favorite anime. Aisha Klanklan is one of my dream cosplays, and inspires me to build more muscle before I cosplay her. I also want to cosplay Melfina with my husband.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Not anime, but anime related (well, I guess given the nature of the game and the fact that there *is* an anime of it counts), but is anyone here playing Persona 5? I've been super impressed with the animated cut scenes so far.
  • pilarslayer
    pilarslayer Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    are any of you keeping up with my hero academia?

No, but I keep being told to watch it. Is it that good?

it's very good and the second season coming out right now so there's a good amount to watch
  • VetTech1374
    VetTech1374 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Attack on Titan, Erased, My Hero Acadamia, Death Note, Naruto, Soul Eater..My husband and kids are obsessed so I end up watching most of it!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Ohhh...how could I have forgotten about Soul Eater?
    r036j80m46aj.jpg
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Cartoons sure have changed since I was a little boy in the 50's.
  • oocdc2
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Cartoons sure have changed since I was a little boy in the 50's.
    Here you go (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panda_and_the_Magic_Serpent)
    isycvccc01ai.jpg
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    For anyone watching AOT.....how do you feel about season 2 so far?
  • SeptemberSun_1333
    SeptemberSun_1333 Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    The Devil is a Part-timer and Blue Exorcist are two of my favs! My hubby pretty much only watches anime soooo :D
  • oocdc2
    Options

We're going to, but we have to watch when our kids aren't around, which is...hey, when's the next blue moon? :neutral:

How is it?
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Never been a massive fan. Watched DBZ etc before school when it was on TV years ago. On Cheez TV if memory serves.

Watched Ghost in the shell, stand alone complex and solid state society a few years ago.

Saw Voices of a Distant Star, I believe it would be called a short film. Which I thought was pretty good and interesting.

That about sums up my anime watching
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »

We're going to, but we have to watch when our kids aren't around, which is...hey, when's the next blue moon? :neutral:

How is it?

It was a pretty good season. It was much shorter than the first season but it was paced fairly well minus a few episodes toward the back end that kind of dragged a bit. Eren had a pretty awesome titan fight also, it's definitely worth a watch
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    I've been trying to get back into more action oriented anime and Drifters has been giving me a good fix so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoT1lVGiDhU
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    Has anybody else watched the Castlevania anime?
  • Jonathanak6
    Jonathanak6 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm currently watching Hunter x Hunter and really enjoying it
  • Creativityfailure
    Creativityfailure Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Another anime fan here. Currently watching Monster, which others have recommended to me. Seems interesting, but I'm only 2 episodes in and the pacing is a bit slow (which is why it lasts for 74 episodes). I'm also watching Sakura Quest on CR, which is a cute little comedy. Nothing deep, but it's fun.
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Never been a massive fan. Watched DBZ etc before school when it was on TV years ago. On Cheez TV if memory serves.

Watched Ghost in the shell, stand alone complex and solid state society a few years ago.

Saw Voices of a Distant Star, I believe it would be called a short film. Which I thought was pretty good and interesting.

That about sums up my anime watching

I love, love, LOVE Voices. That was my first Makoto Shinkai anime, and I've watched all or almost all of the others since then. Fabulous films.

I've watched too many anime to name here- some good, some bad- but some of my favorites are Cowboy Bebop (which I've seen others mentioned already), Kino no Tabi (another slower moving show, but worth it to me), Chihayafuru (I just wish the anime continued!), Fruits Basket (although the manga is MUCH better), FLCL, and Ghost Hound.

It's nice to see there are so many other anime fans on mfp!
  • Cerealsensei
    Options
    I'm currently watching Hunter x Hunter and really enjoying it

I've had this recommended to me so many times, one of these days ill sit down and watch it.