Girls opinion

1468910

Replies

  • edena001
    edena001 Posts: 137 Member
    Simply it's rude. If you're going up to her in the gym- stop hitting on girls at the gym we're not fans, hot and sweaty isn't where you want to meet a match. If it's in the street then a hell NO? Rude again
  • edena001
    edena001 Posts: 137 Member
    Terpdad wrote: »
    edena001 wrote: »
    Simply it's rude. If you're going up to her in the gym- stop hitting on girls at the gym we're not fans, hot and sweaty isn't where you want to meet a match. If it's in the street then a hell NO? Rude again

    So do you have rules listed somewhere what people can say to you and when? Not that I even care but just asking

    No, but a lot of people, like me, feel embarrassed or nervous going to the gym as we think someone might be looking. And it's very comforting to know to 99% of people there they don't even notice you. So to have someone come up to you and make a comment it can make you self conscious to sweat or continue.

    For example I had a guy ask me out when I was at the gym,( I rejected however he's chill) but anyway it made me very conscious of what I was doing and how I looked when I was doing it for a while because you become aware of people possibly watching.

    Also to note, just going up to her and complimenting her bum is a bit rude as well what are you expecting? Bit of an intimate comment just to say thanks and move on? What if she has a boyfriend? What if she was scared to wear those leggings as she thought they showed her bum off too much and you mention it ?

    If you haven't said hi, and don't know her name then as a minimum, don't complement her bum.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,605 Member
    edena001 wrote: »
    Simply it's rude. If you're going up to her in the gym- stop hitting on girls at the gym we're not fans, hot and sweaty isn't where you want to meet a match. If it's in the street then a hell NO? Rude again

    I agree if a dude is yelling at me on the street as I walk by or am waiting for whatever then it's just seen as gross and creepy
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    It's creepy.
    And that wasn't my opinion all the time, I took it as a compliment in the beginning and didn't appreciate where the conversations headed, so now, I don't even acknowledge the comment.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    now that i think about it, the obvious answer to the op is: if you wouldn't say it to a guy, don't say it to a woman.
  • itz_kuchie wrote: »
    The reason I was wondering was for the reason being if a girl came up to me and said I had nice arms or ssomething I work hard on I'd appreciate it. As I thought maybe a girl would appreciate something she works hard for as well

    Nope
  • TreasureDiver1
    TreasureDiver1 Posts: 35 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    itz_kuchie wrote: »
    The reason I was wondering was for the reason being if a girl came up to me and said I had nice arms or ssomething I work hard on I'd appreciate it. As I thought maybe a girl would appreciate something she works hard for as well

    I get that but I would want a compliment on my arms/legs as I work hard on those too.

    I had a guy complement my back once and that caught my attention enough that I still remember his name. I've had many guys talk about my butt and I usually leave hoping I won't run into them again.

    Well USMCMP, you do have a nice cut back, great lats! - In fact; your before and after PICS are really impressive. Nice job and stay strong!

  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    138shades wrote: »
    but what if you would?

    heh. fair point, but the answer is i don't know. i just assumed that the boundaries should be about the same regardless of gender. if you're not trying to pick people up, there are comments you just wouldn't make.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Terpdad wrote: »
    U said at first they were good looking aka attractive. Now you don't think theyre attractive. So time is a variable here

    doesn't seem all that complicated. time shows you facets of people's real selves that you might not impute to them on a first impression.

  • AnnyisOK
    AnnyisOK Posts: 121 Member
    I'd be offended coming from a complete stranger and the first thing to come out of a guy's mouth.
    It's the same as being catcalled when you're mind your own business and walking down the street or going out to pick up a pizza. It's rude, and depending on how it's expressed and the situation it can also come across as threatening.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,929 Member
    Terpdad wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Terpdad wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Terpdad wrote: »
    Shana67 wrote: »
    So, that would depend on the situation. Like, am I at the zoo with my kids? Am I out with girlfriends having drinks at a bar? Are you terribly good looking, or are you super creepy? Many factors involved.

    This pretty much sums it up. It can be an ok compliment or it can be creepy and weird and did I say creepy?

    Here is what is messed up: it's only creepy if the guy isn't attractive to you

    And it's not a horrible thing but that's how it is but cmon, don't make a big deal about it

    I disagree. There are a couple guys at my gym that I thought were good looking at first. Now I avoid them because they are creeps and stare at women like they are lunch and not in the good way.

    So when you thought they were attractive....and say they said "nice booty", you would've giggled and enjoyed it

    Now you don't find them attractive and it would be creepy now, correct?

    No. You missed my point. Their looks are attractive, but their demeanor is creepy. I am 100% sure I would have gotten the wrong kind of chills if they complimented any part of my body. As it stands they don't speak, they just gawk.

    U said at first they were good looking aka attractive. Now you don't think theyre attractive. So time is a variable here

    No the problem is you're not understanding what she's telling you.
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 106 Member
    It's a compliment but not a good pick up line -- it won't get you anywhere.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    It's a compliment but not a good pick up line -- it won't get you anywhere.

    I mean It probably would with *someone* just not the *right one*.
  • 1_hot_bootay
    1_hot_bootay Posts: 425 Member
    You can tell me I have a nice bootay and I won't be offended ;)
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Depends, how much drool is there and just how close are they standing? Head cocked to the side, finger and thumb stroking chin, in deep thought? Could be creepy. Or just turn a little red, take the compliment and move on.