Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Flu shots? For them or against ?

Options

Replies

• KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Haha! Touché bro
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    KylaBlaze wrote: »
    My employer allows us to choose and that’s that. Again, you can quit “preaching” your opinion to me. The main post wanted opinions, I gave mine, and then people want to attack. People need to be less sensitive, my life has nothing to do with you, your opinion does not matter to me, but to the original poster. Please move on if you’re going to be negative.

What does your employer want you to do? Like I said it doesn't matter if they aren't holding a gun to your head. What do they want? What does the society you live in want? What do the elderly you care for want? Take into consideration the wishes of things beyond just yourself.

You keep talking about YOUR life and YOUR beliefs and YOUR choice but it isn't about that at all. You have a job, having a job means you work for someone which means it isn't all about you. Seriously, have you at all considered taking into account what the people paying you want or what the people who you care for want? Have you even asked them? Are you afraid to ask them?

Again if you weren't working in the healthcare industry I would agree with you. I do not support mandatory vaccination for the general public and I think there it does have to come down to choice. But for a healthcare worker no I am sorry you work for healthcare you should be supportive of the best practices of your employer. As a member of a service industry it isn't about you and your feelings.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Canadian politics is a little....different. We had the Rhino party run a few years ago, which suggested switching our car lanes to the British Standard (left lane instead of right). To minimise disruption, they proposed a phased approach where heavy trucks would switch to the new standard first.

I've been to Canada (Laval, specifically) twice. I don't remember seeing separate lanes for trucks.

So... Wouldn't this mean that the heavy trucks would be heading straight for passenger vehicles? Or am I missing something?

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Going to bed. Cant even
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm very much on the fence about vaccines and meds in general. I don't even take aspirin.

I used to go to the doctor when I got sick, I would get meds and be on my way. During that time I would usually get sick several times throughout the year. Since I stopped doing that I started getting sick less and less. After about a year or two of that, it got to the point of where I am now. I get sick maybe once every 1 to 3 years.

I only got really sick once since then and it was h1n1 (I assume). It hit me hard, I was sick for what seemed like 3 weeks or a month. I'd been in a vehicle with someone who was just getting over it prior to getting it myself.

I know some ppl swear by vaccines and some ppl wouldn't take one if they could use someone else's arm to get it. My immune system seems to do quite well on its own. The only things I take on the rare occasions I get sick are goldenseal, echinacea, vitamin c, & zinc. I take them 3 times a day from the second I notice anything and more often than not it seems to be history by the next day. I know that won't be the case with everything, but considering I got sick regularly taking meds and now I never get sick, that includes being around ppl with colds and flues, I would rather just go natural.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Canadian politics is a little....different. We had the Rhino party run a few years ago, which suggested switching our car lanes to the British Standard (left lane instead of right). To minimise disruption, they proposed a phased approach where heavy trucks would switch to the new standard first.

I've been to Canada (Laval, specifically) twice. I don't remember seeing separate lanes for trucks.

So... Wouldn't this mean that the heavy trucks would be heading straight for passenger vehicles? Or am I missing something?

You missed the Canadian sense of humour. A phased approach to British roadways would result in head-on collisions. The Rhino party did not get any seats and are now defunct. They sure were fun, though.

Canadian car chase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0id9fUYb95A
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    KylaBlaze wrote: »
    My employer allows us to choose and that’s that. Again, you can quit “preaching” your opinion to me. The main post wanted opinions, I gave mine, and then people want to attack. People need to be less sensitive, my life has nothing to do with you, your opinion does not matter to me, but to the original poster. Please move on if you’re going to be negative.

Let us know who you work for so we can warn others.

I'd like to know also. She claims her choice has nothing to do with us - but she works with the elderly. Most of us have elderly relatives that we love very much. I'd like to know if there is any remote possibility that they might ever be treated by her so I can warn them.

I also wonder if it's really true that her current employer really doesn't care if she is refusing to be vaccinated - or if they simply don't follow up or require proof. It's hard to imagine any healthcare provider, especially one that treats the elderly would not require up to date immunizations.
This discussion has been closed.