Options
    Buck Furpees
  • jamesy2016
    jamesy2016 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    jamesy2016 wrote: »
    cosmonew wrote: »
    3 whole minutes... NOT for me. I try to do 3 sets of 10 and they are ugly.... FORM is important people. A great challenge, but don't kill yourself doing something sloppy for a record.

Its a fitness test!

I'm going to be a nudge... what is it testing other than your ability to do burpees?

Your level of fitness
  • jamesy2016
    Options
    Whys everyone so butt hurt about this? Its a challenge to, idk, challenge yourself? Trying to better myself and see what im capable of is plenty motivation to give this a try. Idk why youre all arguing about it if you dont care then dont do it simple as that

Thank you
  • jamesy2016
    Options
    To many excuses not many scores!

Where's yours champ?

All in good time, dont wait for me!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Where's yours champ?

I already know how many I can do, they're in both insanity and p90x3 workouts, so....
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    3 whole minutes... NOT for me. I try to do 3 sets of 10 and they are ugly.... FORM is important people. A great challenge, but don't kill yourself doing something sloppy for a record.

Its a fitness test!

I'm going to be a nudge... what is it testing other than your ability to do burpees?

Your level of fitness

No not your overall level of fitness. Burpees are only one small aspect of fitness.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Whys everyone so butt hurt about this? Its a challenge to, idk, challenge yourself? Trying to better myself and see what im capable of is plenty motivation to give this a try. Idk why youre all arguing about it if you dont care then dont do it simple as that

Thank you

you and cally can do the challenge together.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Thank you

you and cally can do the challenge together.

But not yet.... let OP practice first....
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Yeah, why even post wanting people to take part in a challenge then stall to do it yourself. Lead by example!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    PS. I do burpees (sans push up) several times a week as part of bodyweight HIIT/tabata style stuff. I'm going to call that good enough.

I can (slowly) run 5k if asked, I can take things off couriers no problem when they warn me it's heavy, I can run up a flight of stairs without being breathless, I can touch my toes. Those are a better "fitness tests" than 3 minutes of burpees quite honestly. And any other fitness test I've ever done usually have a few markers to test overall fitness because being fit is a really broad term.
  • jamesy2016
    Options

Where's yours champ?

I already know how many I can do, they're in both insanity and p90x3 workouts, so....

How many in 3 mins then?
  • jamesy2016
    Options
    PS. I do burpees (sans push up) several times a week as part of bodyweight HIIT/tabata style stuff. I'm going to call that good enough.

I can (slowly) run 5k if asked, I can take things off couriers no problem when they warn me it's heavy, I can run up a flight of stairs without being breathless, I can touch my toes. Those are a better "fitness tests" than 3 minutes of burpees quite honestly. And any other fitness test I've ever done usually have a few markers to test overall fitness because being fit is a really broad term.

Your markers are 30,40,50 in 3 mins!
  • jamesy2016
    Options
    Yeah, why even post wanting people to take part in a challenge then stall to do it yourself. Lead by example!

Im giving u a head start!
  • jamesy2016
    Options

Its a fitness test!

Your level of fitness

No not your overall level of fitness. Burpees are only one small aspect of fitness.

Too many excuses!
  • jamesy2016
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    So
    Squat
    Jump feet back
    Full to ground push up
    Squat
    Straight up jump
    And repeat

And you're telling me people can do that in 2 seconds perfectly over and over again

Hmmm

Erm yes altho check your math x
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

Its a fitness test!

Your level of fitness

Too many excuses!

Hahahah look who's talking. You really think you can measure someone's fitness by the number of bad form burpees one can do in 3 minutes? I guess because a magazine says you can it must be true lol
  • jamesy2016
    Options

Its a fitness test!

Your level of fitness

Too many excuses!

Hahahah look who's talking. You really think you can measure someone's fitness by the number of bad form burpees one can do in 3 minutes? I guess because a magazine says you can it must be true lol

Omg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So
    Squat
    Jump feet back
    Full to ground push up
    Squat
    Straight up jump
    And repeat

And you're telling me people can do that in 2 seconds perfectly over and over again

Hmmm

LOL ...3.6 seconds

• jamesy2016
    Options
    So
    Squat
    Jump feet back
    Full to ground push up
    Squat
    Straight up jump
    And repeat

Hmmm

LOL ...3.6 seconds

Calculator effort well done!