JJ SMITH 10 DAY GREEN SMOOTHIE CLEANSE

Options
I am currently on day 7 of the JJ Smith 10 day cleanse I can say that it has gotten me out of my Sugar/bread/meat cravings and I feel good. I am doing the full cleanse for 10 days then going to do the modified cleanse which is two smoothies and snacks and 1 clean meal. I think I have gotten control of my eating habits and I am ready to continue this lifestyle change of eating cleaner and staying away from foods that are unhealthy or at least being able to control my eating habits. I also plan on staying with a paleo with minimal dairy low carb clean eating lifestyle. Am I trying to do to much too soon?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    What's in your smoothies?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

This.

If you are getting enough protein and fat in your smoothies then i don't see a problem with them, i don't however see the point of these "cleanses" either..
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

This.

If you are getting enough protein and fat in your smoothies then i don't see a problem with them, i don't however see the point of these "cleanses" either..

Not sure about the smoothies since the post is ful of buzzwords but there's a chance there is adequate protein since it is smoothies and not juice.
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    The Cleanse are smoothies with protein and healthy snacks. Its a jump start for me so if you are not going to be helpful... please step off.

They only ask because we see many 'fad diets' that come up, where people tend to not know what it is they are actually eating. For instance, some of the smoothie/juice diets are so sugar-laden, with so little nutrition, it is disheartening. They just want to make sure your health won't be affected. <3

That is understood. This isn't my first time on my healthy journey and I am not looking for a fad diet but a healthy way of eating. This was a jumpstart to that. I know the proper foods/exercise etc but had lost my way a bit so just jump starting and controlling a few things I usually have a problem with.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    The Cleanse are smoothies with protein and healthy snacks. Its a jump start for me so if you are not going to be helpful... please step off.

They only ask because we see many 'fad diets' that come up, where people tend to not know what it is they are actually eating. For instance, some of the smoothie/juice diets are so sugar-laden, with so little nutrition, it is disheartening. They just want to make sure your health won't be affected. <3

I know the op doesn't want to hear negatives but it is a fad diet that claims 15 lbs in 10 days and talk about cleansing toxins (t doesn't list what these toxins are) and other stuff that is not supported by science or necessary for weight loss. From that page it says one scoop of protein per day. That's not sufficient.

Then once more, disheartening. Poop.

I hope it is just something they are doing to try and get control over what they are eating [knowing diet itself is bunk], rather than for losing weight. I did similar things when dealing with binge issues. Not for weight loss, but so that I had a 'strict plan' to avoid binges, knowing something was BS. Rules helped.
  • singingflutelady
    Options

I know the op doesn't want to hear negatives but it is a fad diet that claims 15 lbs in 10 days and talk about cleansing toxins (t doesn't list what these toxins are) and other stuff that is not supported by science or necessary for weight loss. From that page it says one scoop of protein per day. That's not sufficient.

I hope it is just something they are doing to try and get control over what they are eating [knowing diet itself is bunk], rather than for losing weight. I did similar things when dealing with binge issues. Not for weight loss, but so that I had a 'strict plan' to avoid binges, knowing something was BS. Rules helped.

This doesn't sound too promising though (copied from website above)

The reasoning behind 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse
    The book says that the first step in losing weight is detoxification, to remove toxic overload from the body. Toxins stored in fat cells are difficult to get rid of through dieting alone. You must first detoxify the body. Thus, the most effective weight-loss programs should focus on both fat loss and detoxification, which lead to overall improved health and wellness. Raw greens can heal the body. You will detoxify your body through elimination of certain foods for ten days and reprogram your taste buds to desire healthy, nutrient-rich foods. The author states that after you complete the cleanse, you will never have to count calories or follow complicated or expensive meal plans or measure food again, as your body will naturally crave and desire healthy, natural foods.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

"The book says that the first step in losing weight is detoxification, to remove toxic overload from the body. Toxins stored in fat cells are difficult to get rid of through dieting alone. You must first detoxify the body. Thus, the most effective weight-loss programs should focus on both fat loss and detoxification, which lead to overall improved health and wellness. Raw greens can heal the body. You will detoxify your body through elimination of certain foods for ten days and reprogram your taste buds to desire healthy, nutrient-rich foods. The author states that after you complete the cleanse, you will never have to count calories or follow complicated or expensive meal plans or measure food again, as your body will naturally crave and desire healthy, natural foods."

OP: May I ask which toxins, specifically, you are detoxing from with this 'cleanse?'
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    OP, what are your goals? Do you want to lose weight? If so, how much? Or are you just trying to be healthier? Prevent disease? Feel better?

If you are trying to be healthier, what guidelines are you using? The reason I am asking is because I am not aware of any professional organization (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, The American Cancer Society, etc) that advocates low carbohydrate, eating clean, paleo, or minimal dairy.
    That is understood. This isn't my first time on my healthy journey and I am not looking for a fad diet but a healthy way of eating. This was a jumpstart to that. I know the proper foods/exercise etc but had lost my way a bit so just jump starting and controlling a few things I usually have a problem with.

What happened before on your health journey that made it difficult for you to maintain?

You also asked if you are doing too much too soon. Do you feel the changes you have made are sustainable?

• singingflutelady
    Options
    Also

Use organic ingredients where possible. If you can’t find organic fruits and vegetables, wash off the pesticides and waxes as best you can, using special cleansers from health food stores or vinegar, scrubbing and rinsing carefully
    Use spring or purified water in your green smoothies. Another option is alkaline water, which aids in detoxification and better hydration. You can add ice if you want. Tap water is not recommended for use
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

This doesn't sound too promising though (copied from website above)

The reasoning behind 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse
    The book says that the first step in losing weight is detoxification, to remove toxic overload from the body. Toxins stored in fat cells are difficult to get rid of through dieting alone. You must first detoxify the body. Thus, the most effective weight-loss programs should focus on both fat loss and detoxification, which lead to overall improved health and wellness. Raw greens can heal the body. You will detoxify your body through elimination of certain foods for ten days and reprogram your taste buds to desire healthy, nutrient-rich foods. The author states that after you complete the cleanse, you will never have to count calories or follow complicated or expensive meal plans or measure food again, as your body will naturally crave and desire healthy, natural foods.

Oh, I literally ignore anything the moment it says toxins. I roll my eyes so hard, they hurt the back of my head. xD

My situation was nothing to do with CICO, toxins, or fat-loss, it was literally to try and stop eating everything in sight the moment it touched my lips. If not that type of situation, I don't really see reasons to do this.

But just wanted to point out to OP that it was why they [edit; everyone with dissenting opinions] were posting. For his own health.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Chillax.
    We've ALL been there and done that. Seriously. It's okay.
    It's just.... cleanses are not necessary as we have organs that assist us with them. And, whenever someone is asked what toxins these cleanses eliminate, there is always the sound of crickets and no answer.